Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
    I believe the proper term for one who chooses to not have sexual relationships with either sex is "asexual".
    "Celibate" is probably a better word for the simple fact that asexual organisms still reproduce, and that's the whole, natural point of sex. We humans just happen to enjoy it.
    I refrained from using the wyord asexual, because some pegple are oddly uncomfortable with the state. And it's fairly easy to commit to a life of celibacy, and I think makes me exponentially more ceative.
    Well you won't find me feeling uncomfortable. In fact, I hope it's all right with you if I mull around the meaning of the word.

I see what Midgard's saying because asexual means no sex is going on, but at the same time...

At any rate. It's not important. Hope my little fascination with that word didn't weird anyone out.

Comment

Back to the top. I think this thread is very important and shouldn't be left to fester in the bowels of page 2.

I apologise to Crimson Rose publically for any confusion caused on my part, and at no point was I intending to belittle what you've tried to achieve here. I shall PM a mod and ask if this apology can be sent to her on email too since I can't email her from her profile.

So, getting back on topic, I'm sure homosexuality of varying degrees and types has affected most of us in some way.

My cousin is a gay male, and my sister-in-law is a lesbian. I've found them to be perfectly normal people and hate the way homosexuality is still considered to be something taboo by so many people in this day and age.

So, everyone, what are your experiences? Any of your family or friends gay/bi? Are you gay/bi yourself? I think Constantine's story above is both heart-breaking and inspiring, major kudos to him for speaking about it so openly.

Comment

hrm. well let's see. I've found guys are too difficult to live with, and women when you're in a relationship with them are too difficult to please. I have a good number of gay friends, but the one I'm closest to has been diagnosed with advanced HIV, which, when the community found out pretty much started a massive flare of homophobic attitudes.

It hasn't deterred him though, he's a constant source of inspiration for me, as despite getting gradually weaker, he still manages to do so much for people in need.

Comment

WOW! The threads on here! Well, in short, I know a few bisexual and homosexual people - among the nicest people I know. Always so warm and caring, and also incredibly talented - writers, singers, songwriters, painters, dancers, drawers, instrumentalists. They seem to excel at creative arts - no idea why. Anywayz, back to my point: they're awesome people and I'm glad to see a thread welcoming both friends and family as well as bisexuals and homosexuals themselves.

Comment

Where'd you all go? This thread kind of went KAPUT!!! Damn, was looking forward to discussing issues with all the friendly people here.

Comment

I stepped out for some coffee. sorry.

Comment

Never had a reply to my apology...

Comment

I think you scared her off, you evil man.

Comment

He didn't do anything wrong; he just pointed out a broken rule to her and she freaked out.

Comment

*tuts* typical woman. I mean. er. hello darling! How are you today?

Comment

Why hello, pet! Just dandy!

Comment

Doing well in school? all that jazz?

Comment

Indeed I am!

Comment

Good! I remember school. Just about. Now I look forward to retirement.

Comment

You.. you old Kyle, you! I look forward to graduating in 2 years!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎