Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Clark had told Lex his secret way back? Would things be different?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Clark had told Lex his secret way back? Would things be different?

Would they remain good friends? cuz their friendship has always been shaky...full of deceit n lies...

how would things be if he knew Clark is an Alien...

i mean, if he had told it, than there would be no story but i think it's interesting to think from da other side of coin

share ur views...

I think that their frienship would've still ended. Lex would've become jealous and would've tried to exploit Clark in some way. Lex might've even stole Clark's powers by now.

Comment

I think Lex would have lasted much longer because almost every single thing that led to their downfall was because Clark was always lying to him and Lex always knew that he wasnt being honest always. But eventually he would have become corrupt still because he would have most likely wanted clark to use his powers for domination thinking they would be "saviours" but Clark would have revolted and Lex would have left and become way worse because then he would know he had to defeat Clark in order to rule the way he wished

Comment

what about 33.1? Is Lex really trying to create an Army of Super Freaks to protect man kind against alien invasion or does he have an ulterior motive?

cuz for all we know, Clark n Co. think that he's building it for his own interest...

and who knows, if clark had told lex about him, may be they would've been better friends...Clark could've sure used Lex's help since he was generous...

Comment

one of the worst things about smallville, and i love the show, is that they made a lot of lex's issues be clark or jonathan's fault...

i'm sure lex would still be deceitful, and have problems...but the way they told the story, it's like lex just needed someone to believe in him, and clark wouldn't...even when lex WASN'T doing anything wrong, clark still condemned him anyway...that isn't the clark kent i grew up with...

Comment

I don't think Lex would be good if he knew about Clark. They would be friends little longer but it wouldn't stop Lex from experimenting on people with abilities IMO.

Comment

I think if Clark had shared his serect with Lex back in season one, Lex would have been like a brother to Clark, loved and trusted him. But that doesn't mean he would not have played endless mind games with him, like he does with his father and like he did with his brother Lucas. Lex would not tell but would get really close to exploting Clark too much.

Comment

Originally posted by meteor_phreak
                one of the worst things about smallville, and i love the show, is that they made a lot of lex's issues be clark or jonathan's fault...

i'm sure lex would still be deceitful, and have problems...but the way they told the story, it's like lex just needed someone to believe in him, and clark wouldn't...even when lex WASN'T doing anything wrong, clark still condemned him anyway...that isn't the clark kent i grew up with...
                yup i agree with you...

Comment

yah, that is a good point meteorphreak,
                  in SV, lex could have been a good guy if he had just been embraced by the kent family, but he is instead pushed into his father's world which they seem to present as the reason for his dark side

Comment

Originally posted by meteor_phreak

I don't entirely agree. Clark did believe in Lex so many times. He knew of multiple investigations Lex did on him & his family and still remained his friend for a while.

I tend to think of it as 2 possibilities had Clark told him:

1. Lionel would have remained evil if Lex remained good. If Lex gave up on Luthorcorp and didn't go after Lionel as he did in season 3 & Lionel still had the power, he would not have relinquished it. Yes, he would still have had the liver disease. But my guess is that the resources he had would still lead him to the stone and a body switch with Clark, only after the body switch, he would have likely remained evil. I don't buy that Clark's presence in his body is what entirely changed Lionel, but instead a realization that he almost died and being given a 2nd chance to live while seeing the darkness in Lex and using his 2nd chance to try to save Lex. If Lex remained good, Lionel wouldn't have had an enemy, and he would have probably discovered Clark's secret. He got very close to discovering it in Legacy when he saw what Jonathan did with the octagonal key. I think Clark would have always been worrying about Lionel and what he would do had Lex known. Lionel would never leave Lex alone. Lex's life would be in constant danger as it was in Shattered & Asylum. So either way Clark would have been screwed since Lex or Lionel would be evil.

2. Lex would go back to Luthorcorp and would eventually exploit Clark and do stuff that would conflict with Clark's morals. We saw Lex having a chance to give up Luthorcorp twice--once in Prodigal when it was taken away from him and again in Lexmas. Both times, he could not stay without Luthorcorp. In Prodigal, he finally had the Kents & the family life Clark wanted, yet left anyway. That shows that working there is important to him. Another big thing that they revealed about Jonathan in Fanatic & would be definitely true about Lex is how Jonathan wanted to be a role model for Clark (who saves people on such a large scale) and stepped it up and ran for state senate to prove it to Clark as Chloe said. The same is true of Lex. If he would have been told of Clark's secret, he would want to join him by doing the only thing he could--using Luthorcorp resources. And we know what usually happens when he does that. Eventually, he would want to help in his own way and use his twisted sense of right/wrong to do things that Clark would disagree with. In many ways, I wish they did have Lex learn his secret and have their fallout be based on Lex using unethical methods to battle against evil alongside Clark that Clark would disagree with, causing Lex to become evil himself. That would have been so much better than what they did with Lana.

Comment

I still don't think their relationship would have stayed if Clark told Lex his secret. I think it might have made things worst. Lex would have exposed Clark and everything. Look what's he's done with the people who are meteor infected! Concluding CK's an alien would make things alot worse for Clark.

Comment

I think the friendship would have lasted longer, but it would have fallen apart. Lex, in my opinion was condemned to be evil since early in life by his father's treatment of him. Lionel made his son the way he was, he wanted his son to be strong and to be just as ruthless as he was in business, the only problem was, Lex was warped because of it and the longer he lived that life the worse he got. Either way they would have fallen out, like said above. Clark's sense of justice is just different from Lex's. They would disagreed on their methods and would have fallen apart.

Comment

I can't say it would. Lex has always had that darkness and need for power even before he knew Clark. Just think back to Reunion where he beat the crap out of Duncan. It was only a matter of time before he turned completely, with or without Clark's friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            I don't entirely agree. Clark did believe in Lex so many times. He knew of multiple investigations Lex did on him & his family and still remained his friend for a while.

I tend to think of it as 2 possibilities had Clark told him:

1. Lionel would have remained evil if Lex remained good. If Lex gave up on Luthorcorp and didn't go after Lionel as he did in season 3 & Lionel still had the power, he would not have relinquished it. Yes, he would still have had the liver disease. But my guess is that the resources he had would still lead him to the stone and a body switch with Clark, only after the body switch, he would have likely remained evil. I don't buy that Clark's presence in his body is what entirely changed Lionel, but instead a realization that he almost died and being given a 2nd chance to live while seeing the darkness in Lex and using his 2nd chance to try to save Lex. If Lex remained good, Lionel wouldn't have had an enemy, and he would have probably discovered Clark's secret. He got very close to discovering it in Legacy when he saw what Jonathan did with the octagonal key. I think Clark would have always been worrying about Lionel and what he would do had Lex known. Lionel would never leave Lex alone. Lex's life would be in constant danger as it was in Shattered & Asylum. So either way Clark would have been screwed since Lex or Lionel would be evil.

2. Lex would go back to Luthorcorp and would eventually exploit Clark and do stuff that would conflict with Clark's morals. We saw Lex having a chance to give up Luthorcorp twice--once in Prodigal when it was taken away from him and again in Lexmas. Both times, he could not stay without Luthorcorp. In Prodigal, he finally had the Kents & the family life Clark wanted, yet left anyway. That shows that working there is important to him. Another big thing that they revealed about Jonathan in Fanatic & would be definitely true about Lex is how Jonathan wanted to be a role model for Clark (who saves people on such a large scale) and stepped it up and ran for state senate to prove it to Clark as Chloe said. The same is true of Lex. If he would have been told of Clark's secret, he would want to join him by doing the only thing he could--using Luthorcorp resources. And we know what usually happens when he does that. Eventually, he would want to help in his own way and use his twisted sense of right/wrong to do things that Clark would disagree with. In many ways, I wish they did have Lex learn his secret and have their fallout be based on Lex using unethical methods to battle against evil alongside Clark that Clark would disagree with, causing Lex to become evil himself. That would have been so much better than what they did with Lana.
                            i agree with you sorta. i wasn't implying that Clark and Jonathan are the real reasons lex is evil. As evidenced by the stuff he was doing behind Clark's back while they were still friends, Lex still had that very evil streak in him, and he admitted as much.

i'm just sayin that the way they wrote the stories, sometimes it looked that way. and to blame or not, who knows. but clark has been awful quick to accuse, assume, and insult lex, half the time being wrong anyway. that's all i was sayin. I wish the PTB made it look a little better. after all, faith in mankind is one the reasons superman/clark/at any age, tried so hard...

Comment

Well keep in mind that Lex current stance is a by any means possible without all the information. I mean for instance.

The ares project was made to combat alien threats.

Had lex known the cirumstances of Zod and co he most likely would never had taken it so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎