• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiments

Title: Experiments
    Author: Vovkulak
    Rating: T
    Pairings: Chlana, Clois
    Summary: Lex injects Chloe with something that will change all of their lives forever.

Lana walked into Chloe’s room, to see her sitting on the bed concentrated heavily on her laptop. The All American Rejects were playing through Chloe’s stereo, as her fingers tapped against the keyboards to the beat.

“Hey,” Lana said, closing the door.

Chloe looked up from her work and smiled, setting her laptop aside.

“Hey, I didn’t hear you come in,” Chloe replied.

“I’m not really surprised.” Lana laughed. “Lois doesn’t mind all this noise?”

Chloe and Lois had been sharing the apartment at the Talon, seeing as though Chloe wasn’t in Metropolis University anymore.

“Well, when you have a roommate who blasts Metal every morning, I don’t think a little All American Rejects will hurt. Besides, she’s out grocery shopping right now.”

“This is my favorite song,” Lana said referring to the song ‘Dirty little Secret’ that had just come on.

Chloe reached over to the table and turned up the song, tapping her feet along to the music. She smiled at Lana, who smiled back.

“What?” Chloe asked.

“Nothing.” Lana replied, moving so that she was sitting beside Chloe. “It’s just that this song reminds me of you.”

Chloe cocked her head, a little confused. “What?” She repeated.

Lana grabbed Chloe’s hand and scooted closer to her. “You know what I mean, silly.”

“Ah, okay.” Chloe said, going along with it. “I’m your dirty little secret, and your mine.”

Lana nodded.

Nobody in Smallville really knew it yet, but Lana and Chloe had been seeing each other for quite some time. Three months, to be exact. Jimmy just wasn’t working out for Chloe.

And for Lana, she just hadn’t really found the right person to be with. Clark never worked out for her, and neither did Lex. He just proved to be to evil. He cared more about his ‘work’ than her.

“You know, it doesn’t have to be a secret,” Chloe commented.

Lana gave her a sideways glance.

“Chloe..”

“I know. Whenever you’re ready, so am I.” Chloe said, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

“I’m sorry.” Lana said.

“No reason to be sorry, Lana.” Chloe smiled.

Lana leaned over and kissed Chloe on the lips. “I want to tell people. It’s just, this is really important to me. What we have. And I don’t want to mess it up.”

Chloe nodded. “I understand.”

She kissed Lana back and smiled.

“So,” Lana said, looking around the room. “We have the apartment to ourselves?”

Chloe grinned. “Yeah. Lois takes a long time shopping. She takes time deciding which brand she’d rather buy. No name or President’s choice.” Chloe shrugged. “She usually goes for No name, because it’s cheaper.”

Lana unexpectedly straddled Chloe, pulling her in for a kiss.

Chloe pulled away, a little surprised. “Woah, what’s gotten into you?”

Lana shrugged and wrapped her arms around Chloe’s neck.

“I’m in a playful mood.” She said, a provocative smile on her face.

Chloe raised an eyebrow. “Playful, eh?”

Lana pulled Chloe back into a kiss, laying down on the bed with her.

Lois opened the door to the apartment, walking in, her arms loaded with brown bags.

“Chloe, you there?”

She struggled to close the door with her foot and keep her balance. She finally managed it and walked over to the counter, setting the bags on top of it. Satisfied, she turned to Chloe’s room.

“I know you’re in there, I can hear your music. Now come help me put away the food.”

She waited for a second before getting impatient.

“Okay, I really don’t see the point why we get food anyway. Neither of us can cook.”

She walked to Chloe’s room and opened the door.

“Now get off the laptop and-HOLY CRAP!”

Chloe and Lana jumped up at the unexpected arrival. Lana flipped off the bed, landing hard on her face.

Chloe, happy that they were both at least fully clothed, put her head down, not being able to look at Lois.

“Uh..Okay..Well I’m just gonna..” Lois trailed off, and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Chloe got off the bed and helped Lana up.

“Are you okay?” She asked.

Lana nodded.

“I guess it’s not a dirty little secret anymore.” She said.
    Last edited by Vovkulak; 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM.

Awesome fic. I can't wait for more.

Comment

Part 2

Lois, Lana and Chloe sat in the living room. Chloe and Lana sat on the couch while Lois sat in the chair on the other side of the room.

Lois fiddled nervously with her fingers, looking down at the ground.

"So..uh.."

"Lois, we were going to tell you. You just caught us at a...bad time." Chloe said, giving a sideways glance to Lana.

Lana blushed and held up the ice pack Lois had given her to her cheek, which was now swollen.

"How long," Lois asked, still staring memorized by the floor.

"Three months," Chloe answered.

Lois was about to say something else when the door to the apartment opened. Clark walked in, and all three girls looked at him.

"Oh, thank god," Lois said, getting up. "Clark, perfect timing as usual." She said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Clark glanced around the room. "Is everything okay?"

All three girls answered at the same time.

"Yes!"

Clark noticed Lana's cheek. He walked towards her and kneeled down in front of her.

"Hey, what happened?" He asked.

Lana glanced at Lois and shrugged. "I'm a klutz, what can I say?"

Clark got up. "What's going on?"

Chloe grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him up. "Nothing."

But Clark wasn't buying it. "Lois?" He asked.

Lois dropped her hands to her sides. "God, Clark, can't you mind your own business for once?"

Clark seemed taken aback by the outburst and stepped back a few feet. He put his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry," he said.

Chloe sighed and walked over to Clark, putting her hand on his shoulder. "It's a long Story."

"I'm a patient person," Clark said, giving her that farm boy charm smile.

Lois uncrossed her arms and walked over, a sigh coming from her. "It's not that long of a story, two words; Chloe and Lana."

"Lois!" Chloe hissed.

Clark frowned. "What.."

"Oh for.." Lois put a hand to her head, exasperated. "I walked in on Chloe and Lana sucking face."

Clark turned to Lois. "You didn't know?"

Lois's face dropped. "You knew?" With a nod from Clark, Lois punched him hard in the arm. "You idiot, why didn't you tell me?"

"I promised Chloe I wouldn't."

"That pretty sums it all up," Chloe said. "How did you even know?" She asked Clark.

"It was obvious, I had my suspicions." Clark replied, taking a seat next to Lana.

Lois sat back down in the chair, leaving only Chloe standing. She put her head in her hands lightly.

"So that was the highlight of my life, seeing my cousin making out with her best friend."

Clark looked at Lana, then back at Lois. "So you hit her?" he asked, referring to Lana's bruised cheek.

Lois was quick to defend herself. "No! She fell off the bed."

Clark laughed, and Lana got up. "I'm gonna head home." She quickly looked at Chloe.

"I'll drive you," Chloe offered.

When the two of them left, Lois stared at the door, completely confused.

"It's alright, Lois, she's still the same person. Just like how you found out about me, I'm still the same Clark you love."

Lois stood up and hugged him, and Clark kissed the top of her head lovingly.

"I just hope she knows what she's doing." Lois replied, her head tightly pressed against Clark's chest.

"What do you mean?"

Lois stepped back, looking at Clark. "Lana is Lex Luthor's ex-girlfriend. I'm pretty sure he's not going to let her go willingly."

Clark thought for a second. Then he pulled Lois back to him. "Chloe can take care of herself, she's strong."

"But she's not built of steel, like you."

Clark grinned. "But her head is. Trust me, she'll be fine."

Lois smiled and leaned in, kissing Clark on the lips. Clark willingly accepted and kissed her back.

Chloe drove in silence on the way home, drumming her fingers on the steering wheel to a song playing in her head.

It wasn't until she noticed the headlights in her rear view mirror, that she slowed the car down, trying to get the car to pass her.

As told, the car passed. It drove faster in front of her. Chloe sped up a little, looking at the time.

Hopefully Lois will be asleep when I get home , She thought to herself.

From the passengers side, she looked out quickly, seeing another pair of headlights. The oncoming car slammed into the side of her car, flipping it over. Chloe's car was now upside down.

Chloe, shocked and barely conscious, undid her seatbelt. She fell down the remaining space between her and the roof. She slid out her open window, grateful that she had rolled it down earlier.

Crawling away from the car as quickly as possible, she sought shelter under a nearby tree. She winced as she tried to move, her ribs pounding with pain. Glass shards stuck out of her right leg, and her forehead had a gash on it. She breathed in deeply, trying to ignore the pain that was starting to overcome her.

Slowly she slipped into unconsciousness, her body limp against the tree.

From out of the other car, a man approached her, dressed in an black suit, a ear piece was in his left ear.

"Sir, the subject is unconscious." He said.

Another man approached. lex Luthor. A grim smile was on his face. He was in the car that had passed Chloe earlier, and his bodyguard was the one who had smashed into her.

"Do you have the needle?" Lex asked, holding his hand out.

The bodyguard nodded, pulling a small packet out of his jacket. He opened it and handed the needle to Lex.

Bending down, Lex pulled up one of Chloe's sleeves. Checking to make sure she was still unconscious, he slipped the needle into her skin, injecting her with the mysterious liquid.

"Call an ambulance, and tell the police she came out of nowhere." Lex said, getting up.

"Sir, what was in the needle?"

Lex turned back to him and smiled. "I don't pay you to ask questions." With that, he got back into his car and drove off as the bodyguard called the ambulance.

"Yes, 911? I'd like the report a car accident."
      Last edited by Vovkulak; 07-18-2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

It was great. Please post more soon.

Comment

Oh no! Poor Chloe. I wonder what Lex injected Chloe with and if it will make her toxicology report incriminate her. GRR! Looking at the title I'm afraid. I hope Lex doesn't experiment on Chloe.

Comment

Part Three

Lois and Clark were already in the room when Lana came in, concern flooding her features.

"What the hell happened?" She asked, taking note of an unconscious Chloe.

Lois, her hand cupped around Chloe's, looked up at Lana. "They found her car flipped over in a ditch. A man saw her come out of nowhere. That's all the police would tell us." She looked back to Chloe, tenderly wiping a piece of stray hair away from her cousin's face. "Wake up now, Honey." She whispered.

Lana glanced to Clark, who didn't return the glance. His eyes were glued to Chloe. He stood in the corner, out of sight.

"Is she.." Lana started to ask. She stopped herself, feeling tears well up in her eyes. She shakily stepped backwards and left the room. She exited, leaning against the wall near the door, her face held up to her mouth.

Clark instantly followed. "Lana?" He asked, standing in front of her.

"I just saw her two hours ago, Clark." Lana said between tears.

Clark grabbed her shoulders gently. "The doctors said she's gonna be fine. She's got a concussion, a torn up leg and a few broken ribs, but she'll be okay."

Lana nodded, embracing Clark. "I just..I don't think I can go in there right now." She muttered into Clark's jacket. Tears stained his jacket, but Clark didn't care.

"Want to go get a coffee?" He asked, stepping back from her and looking her in the eyes.

Lana nodded in response.

Clark nodded as well and went into Chloe's room.

"I'm just going to go get a coffee, do you want anything?" He asked Lois.

Lois shook her head. "I'm fine. Thanks." Her eyes never left Chloe.

Clark frowned in concern and placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently in comfort. "I'll be back later." He bent down and kissed the top of her head, then walking out to go meet back with Lana.

Lois had eventually fallen asleep in the chair, her chin resting on her chest. She stirred slightly as she turned around in the chair to get into a more comfortable position.

Chloe's eyelids slowly fluttered open. She grimaced a little as the lights hit her eyes, and her eyelids closed again.

She lifted an arm up and placed it above her head. Something inside her felt different. She removed her arm and placed it down at her side. She slowly lifted herself up, biting her lip to stop from yelling in pain.

She looked around the room, her mind swirling heavily with thoughts. She tried to remember everything that had happened. She lifted the covers off of her and swiveled her hips around, placing her feet on the cold hospital floor.

Lifting herself off her bed, she stood up, falling back down onto her butt. She winced and tried again, this time regaining her balance. With baby steps, she walked to the bathroom.

There was an energy building up inside of her, something new to her. She heard footsteps and turned around, only to be faced with the doctor.

"Miss Sullivan, you shouldn't be out of bed."

Chloe jumped in surprise but regained herself. "I feel fine."

"You just woke up from a deep concussion. We need to keep you here for another day, just to make sure you're alright."

Lois chose this moment to wake up. Confused and tired, she glanced around the room, her eyes widening as she saw Chloe.

"Chloe! You're awake," She yelled in happiness, jumping up and running over to Chloe. She absentmindedly pushed the doctor out of the way, but he didn't say anything.

"She needs to get back to bed." The doctor said.

Chloe's eyes met the doctors. "I said I feel fine." Her voice sounded cold.

Lois grabbed Chloe's arm. "Come on, Chloe. Doctor's orders."

Chloe shook off Lois's hand and she pushed past the two of them, grabbing her clothes from a chair.

"Miss Sullivan, where are you going?" The doctor asked, walking up behind her.

"Away from here." Was all she said.

The doctor stepped in front of her, his voice persistent. "I don't want to have to use force," He said, grabbing her arm.

"Neither do I." Chloe replied.

Chloe, now angry, grabbed the doctor's hand and pushed him, harder than she meant to. He flew up in the air and into the wall, landing with a crash.

Chloe stood there, surprised and shocked. "What..How..?"

Lois ran to the doctor's side, checking his pulse. "Chloe. What the hell?"

Chloe looked down at her hands, her eyes wide. "I didn't mean to." She said, her voice panicked.

"That's one hell of a workout plan, I have to say," Lois said, turning to face Chloe.

But she was gone.

The room window was open, the wind trailing in.

"Damn." Lois muttered.

Clark and Lana ran into the room, hearing an announcement on the speaker.

"Lois, what happened?" Clark asked, taking in the mess.

"Chloe went all super girl on Doctor Kenneth's ass."

"Where is she?" Lana asked.

Lois looked at them both. "She's gone." When they both stared at her in anger and disbelief, Lois threw her arms up. "She just disappeared."

"I've gotta go look for her," Clark said.

"Alright, but be careful, Clark, I know you're made of steel, but she's pretty.."

Before Lois could finish, Clark was gone.

"Strong." Lois sighed and turned to Lana. "Are you alright?"

Lana nodded. "I just want to find her."

A nurse walked into the room, a lab report in her hands. "Excuse me, Miss Lane?"

"Yeah?" Lois asked, turning to the nurse.

"Your cousin, Chloe, her lab tests are back."

Lois nodded. "And by your look, I'm guessing something is wrong."

The nurse took a piece of paper out of the brown folder. "We found something different about Chloe's blood."

Lois stayed silent, waiting for the nurse to continue.

"This," The nurse said, revealing a vile of blood from her pocket. "Is your cousins blood."

Lois nodded. "Okay. Still not getting it. Blood is blood, right?"

"We have a bunch of new tests and experiments going on at this hospital, for curing cancer, AIDS, and all that. And it involves meteor rocks. We found out that their mineral content could help decrease the amount of bad cells that cause Cancer."

"I'm not here for a science lesson," Lois said rudely.

"When we placed the vile of blood in the fridge with the meteor rocks, the blood started.." She shook her head. "Here, I'll just show you."

She placed the folder on a bed and took out a meteor rock from her lab pocket. She placed it near the blood of vile. Lois and Lana's expressions went blank as the blood started bubbling.

"Lois.." Lana started, her eyes glued to the blood.

"Oh my god." Lois said, grabbing Lana and running out of the room.

Clark had been speeding around for hours trying to find Chloe, but no such luck. He finally ran back to the barn, surprised to find Lana and Lois there.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"We have a big problem." Lois said.

"Is it Chloe?" Clark asked.

"Yeah." Lois approached him. "Clark, I don't know why or how, but the meteor rocks have the same effect on Chloe's blood, as they do on yours."

Clark pursed his lips, confused. "What?"

"The doctors said they found a small needle hole in Chloe's arm."

Clark nodded, still not getting it.

"Clark," Lois said. "Chloe's been injected with your blood."

Clark stepped back. "That wouldn't make her like me, though." Clark said.

"Your blood cells are stronger than any humans, Clark," Lana suddenly spoke up. "When injected into a human, your blood cells re-produce, taking over the previous human cells."

Clark leaned on the counter. "Who would do this?"

"I'm not sure, Clark. But right now, we have to find Chloe," Lois said.

"I hope she's okay." Lana whispered.
            Last edited by Vovkulak; 07-19-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Fantastic update. Please post more soon.

Comment

wow this is looking like it will be a very interesting story. How will chloe having powers change the Chlana relationship? I also like how you are writing Clois - I am not normally a fan, but I am liking it in this story Keep up the good work

Comment

Oh, trust damn Lex Luthor to screw things up!!! Here's hoping to Chlana relationship can survive a super Chloe... LOL, I'm getting ideas here!

Comment

Chapter 4

Lex had just poured himself a glass of whiskey when the man walked through the door.

"I thought I told you that after last night, we were to have no contact," Lex told his ex-Bodyguard. "With you hitting Chloe's car, and you being my bodyguard, the police will have their suspicions."

The man shook his head. "I need to know what was in that needle."

Lex put down his glass. "I told you I don't pay you to ask questions."

"You're not paying me anymore."

Lex shrugged. "Well then, it's really not your place to know. I'm just conducting a little experiment."

"On an innocent women."

This made Lex laugh. "Please, she's no more innocent than you or I. Besides," He took another sip of his drink. "I am expecting some great results from her."

"I am not taking the fall for your actions."

Lex turned to the man. "You will keep your mouth shut, or you'll wish you'd never met me."

"Is that a threat, Lex?"

Lex looked at him, his eyes cold. "No, that's a promise."

Chloe had finally found an abandoned warehouse which she had taken shelter in. She sat down, her back to the wall, and looked at her hands.

"I threw him." She said to herself, turning her hands over. "How could a human do that?"

Shaking her head, she put her hands down. She didn't want to go home, she couldn't.

"Lois looked at me like I was a monster," she whispered.

You are a monster.

Chloe shook her head, putting her hands up to her temples. "No." She said aloud, shaking her head more. "I'm not."

You're going to hurt the ones you love.

Chloe stood up, pounding the wall angrily. "SHUT UP!" She yelled to no one.

They'll all blame you. They'll hate you. You're nothing to them.

Chloe punched the wall, her fist going through.

"Ow!" She yelped, retreating her hand back. Her hand was scratched and bleeding.

She looked up at the ceiling. "Sure, you give me super speed and super strength, but not tough skin!?" She yelled at the roof.

Cradling her hurt hand, she sat back down. Tears welled in her eyes. She shamefully wiped them away, and closed her eyes. She was exhausted and confused. She didn't know what to do.

Clark sped into the Kent barn, scaring Lois and Lana who were in the kitchen with Mrs. Kent.

"Damn, Smallville, I'll never get used to you doing that," Lois commented, holding a hand to her chest.

"Anything?" Lana asked, hope in her voice.

Clark regretfully shook his head. "I don't know where she'd be." Clark said, taking a seat.

Martha put a hand on his shoulder. "She'll show up."

Clark pounded his fist on the counter angrily. "I should be able to find her."

Martha sighed. "Sometimes, Clark, when someone doesn't want to be found, you can't find them, no matter how hard you try."

Lana looked at the clock. 4:00 am. She rubbed her eyes. "I'm going to drive around a little longer."

Lois nodded. "Be careful."

Lana walked into the hallway. A moment later, She let out a yell.

"Lana!" Clark said, getting up. He ran to the hallway. He saw someone standing in the doorway. "Chloe?" He asked.

Chloe stepped inside. "I didn't know where else to go." She said, her eyes never leaving the floor.

Clark stepped forward, but Chloe stepped back.

"Chloe, it's okay. We're here." He said, holding his hand out.

Chloe stepped forward, letting her eyes up. She ignored his hand.

"Don't touch me," She said.

Lana stepped forward as well, tears seemed to glisten in her eyes. "Chloe.." She said, touching Chloe's arm.

Chloe reflectively twitched her arm. "I said don't touch me!" She said, pushing Lana back a little.

Lana flew back into the kitchen, landing on the table. Martha and Lois let out a scream. Clark ran into the kitchen.

"Lana?" He asked, running to her side.

He gently touched her head, where she had hit it. Lana weakly opened her eyes, then closed them again.

Chloe stood in the doorway, her eyes wide. "L..Lana.." She stepped forward.

I was right. You will hurt the ones you love.

Chloe stopped. "No. Oh god, Lana, I'm so sorry." She stepped back.

Clark looked at her. "Chloe, don't run!"

In an instant, she was gone. Clark ran after her in a second.

He chased her for a few miles before he finally caught up with her, tackling her painfully to the ground.

They rolled around on the ground a few times before stopping, Clark on top of Chloe.

"Get off me!" Chloe screamed through tears, hitting Clark's chest.

Clark held her hands back. "Chloe, it's okay," he said, getting off her.

Chloe sat up, holding her head in her hands. "Oh, god." She cried.

Clark wrapped his arms around her, cradling her as she cried.

"Let's get you home," He whispered.

Chloe sat on the couch in Clark's living room, a blanket wrapped around her. Clark had explained everything to her, and by the time they had finished, it was nearly 7:00 am.

"So I have your abilities?" Chloe asked, pulling the blanket closer to her body.

Clark nodded.

"Except for the tough skin. That didn't work out as well for me."

"It might take a little longer to develop, it did for me."

Chloe glanced towards the door. Lois and Lana walked in, Lana with a bandage on her forehead.

"Lana." Chloe stood up, but Lana seemed to flinch.

Chloe sat back down, and everyone went silent.

"Did I mention how I hate awkward silences?" Lois piped up.

Everyone looked at her.

"I now know what the saying, 'You could cut the tension with a knife' means." She sat down in a chair by the fireplace.

Clark stood up. "I think I'll head off to bed." He looked at Chloe. "Will you be alright?" He asked.

Chloe nodded. "Yeah."

"Don't go all Speedy Gonzales on us now," Clark said, kissing the top of Chloe's head.

"Well, this is fun." Lois commented. "We can have some ice cream and talk about boys."

Lana and Chloe glanced at her.

"Again, I really hate awkward silences."

Clark grabbed Lois's arm and picked her up, dragging her out of the room with him.

Lana and Chloe laughed, but they both stopped after a moment.

After a moments silence, Chloe said, "I'm sorry, Lana."

Lana smiled and sat down on the couch next to Chloe. She placed her hand over Chloe's.

"I forgive you. I know you need to get used to it."

Chloe was on the verge of tears. "I don't know what's happening to me, Lana. Who would do this to me?"

Lana wrapped her arms around Chloe and held her protectively.

"It's alright, we'll find out. But first, you need to get some rest." She lifted Chloe's head up. "You may have superpowers, but even superheroes need sleep."

Chloe kissed her quickly. "True."

Lana got up. "I'm gonna go, I'll be back in the afternoon."

Chloe nodded and laid down on the couch.

When Lana left, Chloe didn't sleep. Instead, she stayed awake, thoughts clouding her mind.

Who would do this to me?

The question echoed in her mind.

Suddenly she jumped up.

"Lex!"

AN: This Chapter I felt could be a little better, but there's more to come, lot's more. Glad your enjoying it so far, and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Comment

Awesome update. Can't wait to see what will Chloe do about Lex.
                      Please post more soon.

Comment

From some bizaree reason (nothing against you as a Chlana writer), I'm finding myself getting into the Chlana fics. on this forum. I like the way you're exploring the Chlana relationship, and also the way you are conveying the characters - very realistic. I do hope Chloe uses some of her newfound powers on Lex - die, Lex Luthor, die!

Comment

I'm glad your all enjoying it. I had this idea for a long time, and I finally had the guts to write it up and post it. But I'll be updating soon, when I get home today from my friends. ^_^. So look out for it.

Comment

Can't wait for it.

Comment

Chapter 5

Chloe walked into the mansion, pushing the door open roughly. The echoes ran down the hall hurriedly.

Lex stood, his back to her, a glass of liquor in his hand.

"Chloe. Glad to see your up and about. Feeling better?" He asked.

Chloe thought she could hint a small amount of sarcasm in his voice.

"Oh yeah, I'm feeling great actually." Chloe said, crossing her arms. "In fact, I'm feeling alot more different. But you would know all about that, wouldn't you, Lex?"

Lex turned to face her, a small smile on his face. "I have no idea what your talking about, Chloe."

"Like hell you don't." Chloe uncrossed her arms and walked closer to him. "I'm a reporter, Lex, not stupid. You should have realized that I would find it out sometime."

Lex set his glass down and looked at his watch. "And it only took you two days."

"You son of a B****." Chloe whispered loud enough for him to hear. "You injected me with something."

"It was easy enough to do. You were unconscious."

"Why?"

Lex raised his eyebrows. "Why?" He smirked. "Because I can."

Chloe cocked her head a little, confused.

Lex continued. "You took everything away from me."

"Lana. This is all over Lana?" Chloe asked.

"Lana was my everything. Then you came along and took her away. You should have learned a long time ago Chloe, you should never mess with a Luthor." His voice held anger now. "Didn't researching my father teach you anything?"

"She's a big girl now, Lex. She makes her own decisions. It doesn't surprise me that she left you anyway, everybody leaves you, don't they?"

Lex's smile faded. "Consider this payback."

"Yeah, I'm sure the police will consider it payback when they arrest your ass."

She started to walk away.

"I wouldn't tell the police if I were you, Chloe."

Chloe turned back around. "And why not?" She asked, slightly amused.

"I'm sure they'd find it interesting that there's an alien in our town."

Chloe stood still.

"I injected you with Clark's blood, Chloe. But you know that, don't you? You even so much as tell the sheriff, and I'll spread word about Clark all over the world. I still have some of his blood left, you know. I'm sure the scientists at Summerholt will find his blood exceptionally odd."

"You have no idea what I'm capable of now, Lex. You open your mouth, and I swear to god I'll close it for you."

Lex took a sip of his whiskey and smiled again. "And I wonder how Lana will deal with having a freak as a girlfriend. Clark didn't work out, what makes you think you will?" Lex held up his glass in a sort of toast and took another sip.

"You're calling me the freak? I was forced into being one, you on the other hand.." She smiled. "You're a freak by nature."

Lex threw his glass at her. Chloe held her arm up, the glass shattering against her arm. Blood dripped down her arm, staining her sleeve. Chloe's face contorted with pain and anger.

"Looks like I found somebody's weak spot." She said, turning around and walking away.

Lex growled in his throat. "B****."

"Guys, I'm back!" Lana yelled into the apartment, dragging a bunch of bags behind her as she entered.

Lois and Clark appeared from the bedroom, both looking a little disheveled.

"Having a little afternoon activity?" Lana asked, raising an eyebrow.

Lois pulled her hair back into a ponytail and cleared her throat. "We were just fixing a light."

Clark nodded. "Yeah. A light." He said.

Lana smiled and set the bags down on the counter. "Where'd Chloe go?"

"She said she had something to do," Lois said, pulling out a parcel from one of the bags. "Oh, Oreo's, I love these." She opened the bag and popped an Oreo in her mouth, chomping on it noisily.

Clark went to grab one, but Lois slapped his hand away.

"Ow," Clark retracted his hand and put it to his chest mockingly.

"Grow up, baby." Lois commented, popping another Oreo in her mouth.

Clark looked at Lana amusingly. "You see why I love her?"

The door to the apartment opened. Everyone turned their heads as Chloe walked in.

"Hey," she said, closing the door behind her.

Lana smiled. Her smile faded a little as she saw Chloe's arm.

"What happened to your arm?" She asked, going over to Chloe and examining her arm.

Chloe flinched and pulled it away. She smiled comfortingly. "Nothing. I fell. You know, I'm not used to these powers yet."

"You should get some ice for that," Lana said, going over to the fridge. She pulled out an icepack and went back over to Chloe, holding it to her arm gently.

Lois grinned. "Well, now I know what to get you for your birthday, Lana."

"What's that?"

"A nurse suit. You can be Chloe's own nurse."

Chloe threw her cousin a look, at which Lois held her hands up.

"I was just joking. God, you really are like Clark now."

"Hey!" Clark said.

Lois patted him on the chest. "No offense, honey."

Chloe grabbed the ice pack from Lana and smiled. "I can take it from here."

She kissed Lana on the cheek and walked to the washroom, shutting the door behind her.

"I wish she would open up to me more," Lana said, looking at the closed door.

Clark walked over to her and put an arm around her shoulders. "She will. It will just take a while."

In the washroom, Chloe ran her arm under cold water, taking the excess pieces of glass out with a tweezer.

"Ow!" She yelled, dropping the tweezers to the ground. "Damn."

She bent down and noticed the tweezers under the sink. She reached over and picked it up, noticing something red shining.

"What the?" She followed the redness and picked up a ring.

"Red Kryptonite." She put it down on the sink. "Should probably stay away from it."

Put it on

Chloe stared at the ring. "I wonder if it would have the same effect on me as it does on Clark."

She picked it up and twirled it around in her fingers.

Would it really hurt to try? Don't you wanna know what it feels like?

Chloe slipped it on, feeling the burning go through her hand, up to her arm. Finally the burning stopped.

She looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes glowing red. Then they turned back to normal.

How do you feel?

Chloe smiled at her reflection.

"Great."
                              Last edited by Vovkulak; 07-30-2007, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎