• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Surrender(one-shot)

Title: The Surrender
    Pairing: Lex/Lois/Clark
    Summary: Lois makes her choice
    Rating: PG

"Lois, you've seen what the future holds with these two men, neither will give you the life you desire. They will fight each other until the end of one or both of their lives. You will be left to watch the nightmare play out. Is that what you want?" The shaman asked her.

"I came here, on this journey, to realize my purpose. I came here to see what could be my future. Clark will save me and the world time and time again. He will love me with all of his being and never waver in his faithfulness to me. But things won't be simple. It's inevitable that I will cry over him when it looks like he won't be back after a league mission. One day, I'll want to just live my life without the stress of being Superman's wife. Although he inspires me and loves me with such a pure heart, I don't think I can go through all of that uncertainty..."

"So, you choose the other?"

"Lex? Well, he would love me as deeply as Clark, but his heart has never been pure. In fact, his purity died with his mother. He was raised to be a tyrant, and that's what he's slowly becoming. I don't pretend to think that my love will change him. If he wanted to be different than he would be..."

"Then you choose Clark? Is that who you want?"

Lois took in a deep sigh and sat closer by the fire. The cave was freezing except for the small flame that illuminated it. She had traveled for weeks to get to this moment. She swallowed the elixir so she could see the two lives she could have. Neither would make her life easier. She would lose a piece of herself with both of them, whether it be her sense of self or her secret yearning for a normal life.

"I want them both, but I know that's not in the cards."

"What is your decision?"

"I could be with a man who would kill for me or a man who would die for me. While that may sound beautiful in theory, the thought of it being acted out terrifies me. You know, if you had told me six years ago that I would be choosing between Lex and Clark as my future husbands I would've laughed in your face for even suggesting it. God, I crave for those simpler times when good and evil were easy to decipher. Well, everything was easier then. I was always so self righteous and arrogant. I chided Lana for her involvement with the both of them, but now I'm in the same predicament..."

"Do you need to see the visions again? Will that help?"

"No, it won't. No matter how many times I see the future a part of me will never be able to completely deny either of them. Atleast accepting them isn't difficult. They're both haunted by bad decisions, dark pleasures, and destinies outside of their control. Neither of them is a prize. I know I'm not one."

The Shaman watched Lois stare into the flames. The young woman's face seemed more peaceful than it had been for weeks.

"I can tell that you've made your decision. It's alright if you would prefer to keep it to yourself. But if you did tell me I could give you guidance in the manner."

Lois smiled faintly. She then took out a hairband and put her hair in a makeshift bun.

"I'll tell you because I need to tell someone. As for the guidance, no amount of advice will make me feel good about this choice I've made. Love is a burden within itself, and I have laid that burden on my back willingly. This decision is the consequence...I choose myself," she said as she threw the rest of her elixir into the fire.

"You give them both up."

"I would rather have me, and the possibility of a simple life, than to sacrifice those things in order to fight their fights while I lose my own. This is the only life I'll have. They both will cheat death so many times. Whereas I will have one go around because I'm mortal, and without the means to bend the world to my will."

"So, you really don't love either of them?"

"For a Shaman, you're somewhat dull. Of course, I love them that's why I have to make this decision. If I chose one over the other my heart would still be divided. I would still want more. My love wouldn't be pure. This way I can make my own future and they can become who their meant to become. But that doesn't mean I'm not dying insde. It doesn't mean that I won't think of them. Lex with his poetry and Clark with his jokes. If I was any other woman I would believe that my love could change things, but I'm a realist. Clark is Superman. Lex is a Supervillain. I'm Lois Lane. A woman who wants the career and the husband. A woman who doesn't want to put her life on hold so that her man can live his."

Lois stood up and placed her hand out for the woman to shake.

"You've made a wise decision. I think you'll regret it though."

"Oh, I already do," she said as she walked out of the darkness of the cave and into the light.
    Last edited by emily feist; 07-17-2007, 05:24 PM.

Different - and "different" = great !!

Comment

I like this.

Comment

Interesting idea as a writting exercise I guess.
        Hated it - big Clois fan just to show where I'm coming from.
        And man do I hate these dark nobody wins fics.
        This isn't really a flame I just think the base asumtion of the story is unworkable.
        Loving the two men equally? Don't buy it at all. Loves Lex for his poetry? The man's a mass murderer. Ya she'd fall in love with that. Why not have her fall for Hitler?
        How do you love a monster when the monster lover being a monster?
        Even on Lois and Clark where they did that stupid Lois almost marrying Lex plot she gave up on him when she fond out what he was really like.
        But the biggest problem I have is with this choice Lois has written herself out of the story. Guess that's why it's a one shot.

Comment

mmmm, I donīt what to say...wierd!!

Comment

Mmm son buenos tus fic

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡