Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FAVORITES/LEAST FAVORITES Thread - Episodes, Openers, Finales, Scenes, etc..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though I hate some episodes- I can never imagine myself skipping those episodes on my rewatch. I love sitting in my couch, and watch a disc in one day if I've got time. Sometimes just one episode a day

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark/Lois-fan
      Even though I hate some episodes- I can never imagine myself skipping those episodes on my rewatch. I love sitting in my couch, and watch a disc in one day if I've got time. Sometimes just one episode a day
      I thing the funny thing about rewatching episode you dislike alot, is you start picking every little thing wrong with the episode(stuff that generally will be let go if you enjoyed the episode).

I think the perfect example of an episode like that for me would be Hidden. I hate the last 10 minutes of the episode(the rest is ok but the last 10 minutes completely drags down the episode for me) but on rewatch I get generally annoyed by little things like the counter which if you actually time things out doesn't pass the logic test(ie Lex going from the Talon, to view a spaceship, to see his dad in a matter of 27 minutes, or Clark getting shot, going to the hospital, up to the Fortress to stop the missile in a matter of 20 minutes, etc) or we meet a friend of Chloe that we never seen before on the show. I know those 2 things I probably would let go in episode I have a better opinion about(we had 2 other episodes of people who know Chloe that we meet for the first time in Pariah and Forever and it didn't bug me as much there, I almost find it comical in a cheesy way especially in Forever)

Comment

• a lot of people will disagree with me but my favorite episode of Smallville is Labyrinth. There's just something so chilling about it. A total psychological masterpiece in my opinion. I absolutely love the humming noise in the background. It just adds that final touch to a very creative episode.

Comment

• There are some I may never watch again, unless I'm involved with a scheduled rewatch with others, as I am now. We just finished up S8, most of which I will skip over in the future (Doomsday arc of fail).

Comment

• Originally posted by gerber
            a lot of people will disagree with me but my favorite episode of Smallville is Labyrinth. There's just something so chilling about it. A total psychological masterpiece in my opinion. I absolutely love the humming noise in the background. It just adds that final touch to a very creative episode.
            I thought that was a great ep.

Comment

• The episode 19 "memoria" from season 3 is heartbreaking , it has been shot like a symphony, to tell about tragic dramatic history , the end of the episode was extremely moving , i appreciate that they can tell heartbreaking stories without involving romance at all , really job well done.

Comment

• Uhh yes Memoria! Definitely one of the best. Particular the ending starting with Lex/Lionel and ending with Clark/Martha. So moving it's silly.

Comment

• My least favorite season 1 episodes for me would be Nicodemus and Crush because in Nicodemus, Lana is too trampy and annoying as hell in a very cute way. And In Crush, it annoys the hell out of me seeing Chloe siding with Justin Gains over Clark because she expects Clark to reciprocate her feelings and he doesn't because he's in love with Lana. and my least favorite episodes would be Red, Dichotic, Rush, Visage and Witness because in Red, Clark goes bad and when he comes back to his senses and apologizes to Lana for his behavior with flowers, Lana. The one person that Clark wants to be understanding of him refuses to understand him. In Dichotic, both Chloe and Lana keep mistreating Clark even when Clark saves them because Chloe and Lana don't give Clark a good enough reason why he should be honest with them let alone trust them because they keep doubting him and not trusting him. In Rush, I hate that episode because Pete and Chloe disrespect and abuse Clark while infected with a parasite when Clark is trying to save them. and then afterwards Lana accuses and blames Clark for breaking their date believing him to be responsible when Chloe and Pete were responsible for interfering with their date plans. As for visage, with Lana siding with Whitney who is actually Tina Greer who she believes is Whitney over Clark. And last but not least, Chloe's jealousy of Lana and her obsession with Clark while in denial in Witness is getting too bored on the fanatical even for me, it's starting to wear thin.
                  Last edited by laurarawlins; 08-31-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• My realistic perception

Overall, the rest of the episodes of the Smallville series are not that bad. Although the writing of most of the episodes should need more improvement than others. And I love most of Smallville episodes, some more than others, it really depends on the writing of the episodes more than the production of the episodes, to determine which ones are the best or the worst considering that not all of the episodes are the best well written episodes. I have more most and least favorite episodes, openers, finales and scenes etc. I just haven't figured out which ones at the moment. I need to that sort out. but I have sorted out my most and least favorite characters, relationships, love trangles, marriages, friendships and other relations. I even have a Smallville filing box all about Smallville with of all that already organized that I have already on file. Call me a Smallville fanatic if you will I don't care, I'm that obsessed with Smallville but not for the reasons you think. But for other personal reasons that I can't get into right now because I don't feel comfortable in sharing with any one what they are. I'm sorry for too much vulnerability and insecurity there to explain those personal reasons.
                    Last edited by laurarawlins; 08-31-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Favorites:

nicodemus, devoted, harvest, Isis, promise, stray, rush, Rosetta, exile, Phoenix, obsession, almost all of season 4 (least favorite of season 4 was pariah when Alicia died), hidden, exposed, lexmas, labryninth, crimson, nemesis, combat, fierce, wrath, Apocolypse, instinct, committed, identity, hex, rabid, echo, crossfire, idol, escape, homecoming, Icarus, luthor, collateral, masquerade, scion, kent, prophecy, finale.

Comment

• Originally posted by laurarawlins
                        My least favorite season 1 episodes for me would be Nicodemus and Crush because in Nicodemus, Lana is too trampy and annoying as hell in a very cute way. And In Crush, it annoys the hell out of me seeing Chloe siding with Justin Gains over Clark because she expects Clark to reciprocate her feelings and he doesn't because he's in love with Lana. and my least favorite episodes would be Red, Dichotic, Rush, Visage and Witness because in Red, Clark goes bad and when he comes back to his senses and apologizes to Lana for his behavior with flowers, Lana. The one person that Clark wants to be understanding of him refuses to understand him. In Dichotic, both Chloe and Lana keep mistreating Clark even when Clark saves them because Chloe and Lana don't give Clark a good enough reason why he should be honest with them let alone trust them because they keep doubting him and not trusting him. In Rush, I hate that episode because Pete and Chloe disrespect and abuse Clark while infected with a parasite when Clark is trying to save them. and then afterwards Lana accuses and blames Clark for breaking their date believing him to be responsible when Chloe and Pete were responsible for interfering with their date plans. As for visage, with Lana siding with Whitney who is actually Tina Greer who she believes is Whitney over Clark. And last but not least, Chloe's jealousy of Lana and her obsession with Clark while in denial in Witness is getting too bored on the fanatical even for me, it's starting to wear thin.
                        Trampy? Those aren't very nice things to say. And I wouldn't really refer to her being annoying at all. Chloe doesn't expect Clark to reciprocate her feelings. She's just upset with him that he doesn't. She's a teenager. She doesn't refuse to understand him, Clark refuses to explain himself. She can't read his mind. She asked him what he was feeling and he wouldn't tell her. Chloe and Lana keep doubting and mistrusting Clark because he isn't honest with them. That wasn't Chloe and Pete's fault. They weren't in their right minds. Lana didn't know that and she shouldn't be expected to just automatically know everything that's going on. She's not psychic. Lana doesn't know that Whitney's Tina Greer. Why should Lana be expected to know everything. She can side with whoever she wants. It's her God given free will. Oh come on, she's a teenager. They act irrationally. What's the big deal? There was also more going in that episode, I think.
                        Last edited by Dagenspear; 06-12-2015, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• My #1 favourite episode is the pilot. It is what started "Smallville". It is when Lex Luthor was less villainous than in the "Smallville" series finale episode. The #2 favourite episode is "Precipice". Because Lana Lang was becoming a badass by having Lex help her. I ship Lexana, okay.

My least favourite episodes are "Craving" and "Shimmer". Because they make females look like insecure idiots. I got tired of Chloe Sullivan continuously being insecure because Clark Kent rejected her for Lana Lang or Lois Lane. Female characters were overshadowed by their male counterparts in this show. It rubbed me the wrong way. Even Zod negatively criticised Lana for being a female human. It made me realise that female characters were not given justice in this show. I only had an air of misogyny in it. Despite the misogyny in this show, I liked other parts of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎