No announcement yet.

Question on teleportation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisxs5
    I wonder if he has limitation to be on earth, or if he could go to space or on to like a space shuttle! That would be neat to see a distressed shuttle and goes on board and starts bringing them back.
    Yeah but lets hope his powers dont mess up and he end up in the middle of space, but of course, my theory would prevent that

Comment

I wonder if he has the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. If he does then he knows "Dont Panic" and he has thirty seconds to live!

Comment

For the timetravel, it makes it easier for me if every jump forward does not cause a new timeline, but merely extrapolates the current timeline, whereas every jump back causes a new timeline, sometimes with very minor effects (clare saying "oh my god" instead of Holy ---" on the operating table) or very major (New York Not exploding).

The idea that his powers when teleporting intuitively find a good place is a good theory that makes sense with what we have seen so far.

But, in another thread there is a theory that, if sylar was dragged into the sewers by someone, that person had been manipulating peter throughout the episode and had tried to get him to explode. If this is the case, maybe the same person is manipulating Hiro's ability?

Comment

I dont think someone is manipulating Hiros powers. In the novel with Hiro he was very able to control his teleporting but did it completely different for accuracy. He went physical to the location he wanted to be when he traveled time for example. But also remember how future Hiro was about to tell him how to control his power when he died. Tptb had to of done that for a reason. They dont want us to understand his power!

Comment

I don't think Future Hiro was about to tell present Hiro how to control his power, I think he was just about to teleport them back to their own time, as telling them how to control Hiro's power would further change the past. Yes, the whole point of that was to change the past, but Hiro spent 5 ears trying to find out the exact way in which to change the past to prevent the explosion. Time is delicate, and Future Hiro wouldn't do anything to change the past unless he knew exactly how it would change

Comment

Changing the past and controlling his power are two completely different things. Hiro asked him how to control it, and the Future Hiro said something like, Its simple and then got shot! He was about to tell him how.

(Just wondering, does it appear that I use "!" to much?)

Comment

I haven't noticed an overuse.

Maybe the secret was to be at peace, as when he is emotionaly upset his powers go crazy, and the writers have said that they are tied to his emotions. He just needs to go Spock, quiet his emotions, and be at peace.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisxs5
                  Changing the past and controlling his power are two completely different things. Hiro asked him how to control it, and the Future Hiro said something like, Its simple and then got shot! He was about to tell him how.

(Just wondering, does it appear that I use "!" to much?)
                  Actually Hiro said " How do i return to the right moment, I don't know how to do that ."
                  And future Hiro replied "I'll take you", just before getting shot. So it's unclear whether he was going to show him how to use his powers properly or not.

Comment

You are completely correct! I am wrong, I wont let it happen again.

Comment

Wait, I'm actually right about something? SWEET!

Comment

So Future Hiro can touch Hiro without ill effect. He can even teleport hiro without ill effect.

So what was the whole time riff he was talking to peter about?

Comment

That was more like, everyone will now die just becuase I am changing things. Which is funny when you think about. He wanted to cause a riff, that was the whole purpose. I would think going back in time and preventing someones death would cuase some serious riffs!

Comment

I saw it as more he wanted to create a controlled rift; he knew what he wanted to change and how, but spending more time in the past than necessary could cause other unexpected changes.

Comment

Completely agree with you on that. The wording they used us more for our benefit as viewers than it was needed dialogue. He talked that way so we see a seriousness to what he is doing.

Comment

Ok. I think I got it now. Things like Claude no longer being at the explosion.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎