Collapse
No announcement yet.

technically, Peter may not survive explosion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about: ImasostrongIcankickyourkinesis ?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisxs5
      How about: ImasostrongIcankickyourkinesis ?

Very nice. Any other entries?

Comment

Nope, I'm good.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Comment

Originally posted by XanthusAZ
          Nope, I'm good.

Wait, what were we talking about again?
          I dont remember anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisxs5
            I dont remember anymore!
            Talking about...talking about.... hmmmm.....

*The Doctor looks around*

*The Doctor glances up*

OH!

That Peter may technically not survive the explosion, was the topic before we derailed it.

Comment

I'm sure others have brought this up already, but clearly Peter can survive the explosion because he survived it in the alternate timeline.

He himself is immune to anything his body can cook up. He could dance on the Sun if he wanted to.

Comment

That's an interesting idea. Are Peter Sylar and Ted immune to ALL radiation? Or just the stuff they emit? If they tried to attack each other, would it have any effect? If they were thrown into a massive nuclear generation, or in the eexample above, on the sun, would they still be able to survive? Since their explosions most definately generate massive amounts of heat, are they also immune to extreme temp? Could they automatically survive an assualt from Meredith?

So many questions....

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                  That's an interesting idea. Are Peter Sylar and Ted immune to ALL radiation? Or just the stuff they emit? If they tried to attack each other, would it have any effect? If they were thrown into a massive nuclear generation, or in the eexample above, on the sun, would they still be able to survive? Since their explosions most definately generate massive amounts of heat, are they also immune to extreme temp? Could they automatically survive an assualt from Meredith?

So many questions....
                  I assume they're immune to all forms of radiation, and since radiation generates heat, possibly heat as well? By the way, lol about "surviving an assault from Meredith", I like that.

Comment

A question about Peter: when he first used Claire's power while not near her, he needed to activate it like any other absorbed power. Claire does not need to do this, and neither does Peter the next time he uses it (when he dies). The question is: for powers that are either always on and/or powers that have an always on side effect, does Peter (and I suppose Sylar too) need to activate them?

Would Peter or Sylar need to activate nucleokinesis in order to survive a radiation assault, or would they auto survive?

Comment

in five years gone he survives the bomb.

Comment

A question about Peter: when he first used Claire's power while not near her, he needed to activate it like any other absorbed power. Claire does not need to do this, and neither does Peter the next time he uses it (when he dies). The question is: for powers that are either always on and/or powers that have an always on side effect, does Peter (and I suppose Sylar too) need to activate them?

Would Peter or Sylar need to activate nucleokinesis in order to survive a radiation assault, or would they auto survive?
                        I think they would auto-survive. I think Peter was wrong when he said he needed to think about the person to use their power. He could never come back from the dead if this was truly the case, and we've already seen he has.

Comment

I too am beginning to think that they would auto-survive, because in the original timeline Peter survived Sylar exploding, and in FYG Sylar survived Peter exploding.

I'm also thinking that as powers go, that there are two types: concious activated, and always-on, and that activate powers have an always on side-effect. Claire's would be an always on power (perhaps the activation of the power is what caused the addled Peter to think about her, not the other way around) and nucleokinesis would be an activated one, with some always on benefits (resistance to radiation, resistance to heat, etc)

Now it seems that while Peter, due to his resurection, keeps the always on powers all the time, Sylar instead still has to activate an always on power- for he can turn off Dale's super-hearing, which for her was always on.

Crazy theories and speculation. That is why this show is great.

Comment

Originally posted by fzbandit
                            I see what you're getting at, but that wasn't really an explosion. Ted was kind of just glowing really bright with radiation. He would have exploded if Claire hadn't saved the day. But I do agree with the theory that peter didn't die because he gave off the explosion. However, from the story line of the show, it was made to seem that if Ted or Sylar would have exploded that they would have died. Because they consistently said that Peter could survive because he could regenerate. So there must be some problems for those who can't regenerate. Ted or Sylar would have either exploded or died from the radiation apparently. Who knows??
                            I think they all have a natural immunity to radiation because of the nature of the power, but I guess thier is an upper limit to what the body can handle. Example: the Human Torch has a natural immunity to fire and heat because the nature of his powers. anything cooler than 1,000,000 degrees cannot burn him, but anything hotter can hurt him. Thus the radiation poisoning wouldn't kill them because of their natural immunity to it but the force of a bomb would kill them cause its more than their physical body can take. I didn't say they would die in the explosion but if they did, I think that would be the reason why. I don't think they would die from the explosion though. correct me if I'm wrong about that assumption.
                            Last edited by TKFlash; 07-05-2007, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Ted has exploded though, in the webcomic once, and on the show once besides Company Man- when he first escaped from the fbi.

Comment

I too am beginning to think that they would auto-survive, because in the original timeline Peter survived Sylar exploding, and in FYG Sylar survived Peter exploding.
                                Wait, what do you mean by "in the original timeline Peter survived Sylar exploding"? When did Sylar explode?

I'm also thinking that as powers go, that there are two types: concious activated, and always-on, and that activate powers have an always on side-effect. Claire's would be an always on power (perhaps the activation of the power is what caused the addled Peter to think about her, not the other way around) and nucleokinesis would be an activated one, with some always on benefits (resistance to radiation, resistance to heat, etc)
                                All makes sense to me.

Now it seems that while Peter, due to his resurection, keeps the always on powers all the time, Sylar instead still has to activate an always on power- for he can turn off Dale's super-hearing, which for her was always on.
                                Sylar can turn off the super hearing? When did he demonstrate this? I thought he had just gotten a better grip on tolerating it or something, the way Superman does.

Crazy theories and speculation. That is why this show is great.
                                Great writing, great stories, great characters, great acting, great everything.
                                Last edited by Xanderman; 07-08-2007, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎