Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "How To Stop An Exploding Man"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A thousand questions unanswered

Originally posted by JCannery82
    Amen, man, but for me, I think that was just the tip of the iceberg of disappointments with this episode. I love the show, and I'll be watching next season for sure, but I think a great show like Heroes should have been held to higher standards by the producers. Here's a few questions I had if anyone wants to throw out ideas:

1. What reasons did Claire have not to shoot Peter? She has the ovaries to jump out of a building, and she knows that Peter will be fine. Pull the trigger Claire-bear.

2. Where are all the people of New York that the Heroes are saving? I don't remember a single extra on the streets of New York. That was a pretty big fireworks display, and the murder of a business exec in a downtown high rise usually raises some eyebrows in the middle of a city.

3. Why can Peter not get himself out of this problem? Fly, throw yourself on the jagged bottom of that parking meter, "teleport", let Jessica beat ya down, pass out again, keep a little shot of sedative in your pocket, SHOOT YOURSELF (and none of this "the gun would melt" because Nathan would have went up like a match!)

4. How was Hiro able to kill Sylar so easily? Did Sylar have a reason to let Hiro stab him? Maybe he saw some reason in the future to allow himself to be stabbed so he could slink away? I hope so because stopping bullets fired from a gun and then getting run through with a similar sword to the one that you caught in your hand just a few days before seems just a little inconsistent (and none of this "Hiro probably stopped time" because the creators of the show made every other instance of Hiro stopping time ridiculously drawn out and cool)

5. Oh, and how was he allowed to slip away? Everybody was so caught up with Parkman getting loaded onto the solitary response vehicle that showed up at the scene that they didn't notice the most dangerous man in the world painting the street with his torso?

Oh well, that's enough for now, but there's plenty more.....sorry if you guys have answered these already, but I'd like to know thoughts.

Anyway, it was entertaining, but not what I expected for the reasons above and a laundry list of other things. I'll give it a 5, probably a 7 if it were the finale for another show, but I had such high expectations.....hopefully LOST won't disappoint.
    After reading a few of the post.. i guess i'll try to answer a few ... to also answer myself.

1. She is not a murderer... no matter if you know they are ok.. she is just a kid.. Shooting a gun is a pretty big deal... If it were nikky or jessica.. well.. another story... she is 16.

2. Is it that important to the story? From the looks of it.. it looks like they did run out of budget.. hence the lack of special effects and lack of extras and lack of a few of the goodies... just speculation...

3. I liked the double absorbing radiation idea... and peter has had a hard time controlling his powers.. but more to that... I think that peter's problem was that he wasn't easy about it. he was scared.. he knew the outcome through all the foreshadowing there was. He was afraid he was going to kill lots of people.. That stress takes a real TOLL on you, as seen in the episode where he was being "trained", well... he had a hard time letting go. Sylar in that regards accepted his "destiny" if it were to kill all those people then so be it, but then he realizes that he is the real hero, and i think he could have been....

Peter needed his brother.. "I can trust him..." He trusted him to be cool and know what to do... That is why nathan was needed... I understand that now.

4. A few mins earlier... Hiro had managed to get himself and Ando out of Sylar's claw. Sylar was impressed... I am sure sylar didn't expect something that simple after seeing his ability... Sylar was probably expecting him to teleport and/or distraction... It works for me honestly after seeing how Hiro managed to use his powers amazingly against sylar and saving his friend.

5. Everyone was watching the explosion.. not parkman... sylar is powerful and telekinetted out? those sewer covers weigh 100lbs+, a weak man can't lift it...
    Last edited by the highlander; 09-11-2007, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: A thousand questions unanswered

Originally posted by the highlander
      After reading a few of the post.. i guess i'll try to answer a few ... to also answer myself.

5. Everyone was watching the explosion.. not parkman... sylar is powerful and telekinetted out? those sewer covers weigh 100lbs+, a weak man can't lift it...
      Manhole covers must be a minimum of 22 in (56 cm) in diameter, but can be as much as 60 in (1.5 m) in diameter. The average cover weighs between 250 and 300 lb (113-136 kg). It is important for sewer manhole covers to be heavy as sewers can produce methane gas that could push lightweight covers out of the way, letting noxious gases up into the street.
      However, non traffic manhole covers used in walkways and outdoor foodcourts are sometimes made of lightweight cast aluminimum for easy access to utilities such as undergoround wireing and easy cleanout , these usually weigh depending on size, from 25 lb (11 kg) up to 75 lb (34 kg).

Plus, if he used TK to move it, there is no real way to measure how much he can lift even when weakened.
      Last edited by STFanatic; 09-11-2007, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I usually just use sandbags to hold down manhole covers, but that makes for one big bump in the road!

Comment

Excellent. 11 out of 10.

Comment

Brillant final to a great season! Hiro's sceneWas really funny at the end when he fell in between a war!lOl! Can't wait for the next season!

Comment

Originally posted by faz
              12. Too bad the scale doesn't go that high.
              i'm with you, faz. i totally loved every second.
              well, same with the whole first season of heroes in general, but... =)

Comment

it was a great cllimax to the series. especially since the season 2 finale was so below it.

i was squealing when jessica joined in, finally they were all working together to kick sylar's arse!!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎