Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 'Phantom' Nit-Pics

Wow! You guys have really been keen observers. I had to read every page of this thread to see if any of you would comment on what I noticed that bothered me. All of "Phantom" seemed to take place during a single day, except the night that MM found the phantom living inside the body of an old man living on the outskirts of Quebec (?), which I assume was the night before. A LOT happened in that day which started with Martha leaving for D.C. and saying good-bye to Clark...seemed to be Morning. Then Chloe walked in on Lois doing research trying to decipher the meaning of the numbers that Wes Keenan mumbled when he was dying...when she went into her apartment to gather her paperwork/briefcase before leaving for work. A short time later, Lana was waiting for Clark in his loft to say good-bye to him. Then I was confused when the next scene was at the Luthorcorp Tower in Metropolis where Clark attacked Lionel & MM intervened. Pausing that scene, cutting to the Lex & Lana confrontation, which was still daylight through the windows, THEN Back to Clark/Lionel/MM at Luthorcorp Tower,...It. Was. Nighttime!!! Aagghh! It was dark out and all the city lights were on. Then when we were brought back to the scene where Lois finds that the numbers were the Latitude & Longitude coordinates of Reeves Dam, she was on the bridge and it WAS DAYLIGHT...AGAIN!!! The rest of the episode was still DAYLIGHT. When Bizzaro knocked Clark through the dam's walls, It Was Daylight! What in the world were they thinking Not to have caught that and fixed it? It was blatant to me. Yet, I Loved the episode. All of the other 'stuff' didn't bother me so much.

"ClosetClana": OT(Sorry!): Chloe didn't have to leave Metropolis just to meet Jimmy behind the Talon to say good-bye at the end of "Noir". Chloe still 'lives' in the apartment above the Talon...with Lois.
    "Lasyr": I think the DVD in question that Lana was filmed stealing is the one she took from Lex's briefcase in "Nemesis". Remember when she took it from the police when Lex & Clark were buried in rubble under Reeves dam? She took it to the mansion, used Lex's gun to shoot off the locks and took the DVD labeled "Ares" and watched it at Lex's desk. Then later, Lionel was watching that Same DVD and Identified the phantom he saw as "Mirror". Everyone else, that's My theory. Not the one with Lex & Sen. Burke.
    "ClarksGal": Did you ever see those commercials with the New cell phones that have the "Dots" that show the location of the caller? Well, since Chloe & Lois both consider their cellphones to be their 'Lifelines', just maybe they would invest the money to own a 'must-have' communication device like that. And since Lana could afford Anything...she would have one, too, just because she could and so would Lionel.
    "Chloestheone": WHY?? did you have to bring that up? : D I hate when things like that happen. I said the same thing about the DNA and his clothes, too!! It happened in "Hydro" when Linda Lake turns into water...so do her clothes. It makes me dizzy, so I just have to pretend it doesn't matter. Ha..ha..ha!
    Finally, I can't remember who commented on Lana's death scene and that burning 'body' that slumped over in her burning miniSUV while Lionel was looking. I know she's probably alive, but they'll need to explain that body.
    OK gang, that was my 2 cents. What do y'all think?
    Last edited by Imzadia; 08-20-2007, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CompuDoc
      Actually I think the point was that she had gone to the Talon and that was the alley behind the Talon, she used this in order to make her "get away" She told Lionel where she would be before that is why he was on his way there. The whole thing was a set up that she arranged so that the mail truck would drive by allowing her to hop on board and make the Luthors (she does not trust Lionel any further than she trusts Lex) think that she is dead, therefore they will not look for her. This is why she also had to say goodbye to Clark as he has to actually morn her death or the Luthors will know she is not dead.
      Good point, I agree completely.

Comment

Maybe Lana's friend helping her to escape Lex and fake her death is Martian Manhunter (smile). He could have shape shifted to mirror Lana and with his speed taken off before the car exploded!!! This just came to mind but I do not think very possible.

Comment

Why did the kid not have a massive hole ripped in his chest when the phantom left him like the old man and the guard?

Comment

Wow, I just read every post in here, and no one noticed what I noticed.

In the scene, when Lionel is telling Clark about Lana being dead, re-watch that scene and keep your eyes on Clark's bangs. They start off combed over to the side, very neat like. And then, in another shot, they are all messed up and hanging down over his forhead, and then in teh very next shot again, they are all combed back over, all neat again. Keep watching and you'll see it get all messy again, then back to neat again.

AND THEN.........

Same thing with Bizarro. After Lionel is knocked against the wayy, Bizarro's bangs are all messed up, but when he starts walking towards Clark, it's over to the side, much neater.

Talk about the mystery of the bangs. LOL. This is HYSTERICAL.

Still love the show, I'm a die-hard fan, but I couldn't help but notice this and post about it. I figured others would have already noticed it by now.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎