Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen Robinson
    I still don't understand why Lionel had to force Lana to marry Lex in order to "get close to him" so he could stop his plans. Lionel knew that Lex killed a man and covered it up. Lex was even willing to give up everything when Lionel revealed this knowledge. If Lionel was in of 33.1, he could just shut it down and stop Lex's experiments. Or Lionel could report Lex's crime and an incarcerated Lex would not have been able to continue with 33.1.

Also, where does Lionel live? I can't imagine Lex would let him stay at the mansion, yet there was Lionel drinking a beverage in the study.
    I would guess that he made her marry him because he knew she was about to leave him. If she would have left him, no more inside woman. It wasn't like she was sticking around. It was like gt married or get out. Lionel couldn't explain everything cause that would take to long(plus he wanted to be a MB again lol). It made sense to me.

Originally posted by XnuggetX
    hahaha...yea i love that.

but also i love how clark and chloe talk about him being an alien all loud with all these other people walking around in the daily planet. it happens alot in other episodes. clark talks to his parents in other episodes while other people are walking around them. and noone hears what they are talking about.
    AMEN
    Last edited by christian_kryptonian; 05-25-2007, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radioflyer
      Who does Lana know that could have helped her set up this charade? Who is her co conspirator, someone new or from past episodes?
      Maybe Oliver?

Comment

^^ Nell

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Manhunter
          Mail Truck drives by with a driver wearing a t-shirt and jeans just as Lana "gets into the jeep".....

Every mail delivery employee wears a uniform. If someone delivers mail to you wearing a t-shirt and jeans, please call the local authorities and do not open that package.
          Good eye! I didn't notice that. Are you sure that's what the driver was wearing/are you sure it was a mail truck?

Comment

why is it there is only one guard in the dam? and that highly trained dangerous looking guard got beat up... funny lex still hire this kind of goons...

why is it that the martian manhunter does not look like a martian?

Comment

what does a martian look like? I am assuming you have seen one?

Comment

I can't beliee nobody noticed this(I can't believe I didn't mention it before, I thougt o it instantly during the episode). OK so at the beginning the phantom like rips a hole in Martian Manhunters gut and he is all surprised so naturally he punches him in the face. This made zero sense to me, because if you know MM's powers you know he can change his density and go intangible. If he would have done that(which is what MM in the comics would ahve done), the possessed dude's arem would have goneright through touching nothing. But apparently our writerrs have no ide who Martian Manhunter is. Oh well.

Comment

I just wanted to see a GREEN martian.

Comment

Phase Shifting! HELLO!! Any writers home???

Comment

as a matter of fact, ive seen one... his name is marvin and he plans to destroy earth... he also has a martian dog...

Comment

Originally posted by clarklogan
                        why is it there is only one guard in the dam? and that highly trained dangerous looking guard got beat up... funny lex still hire this kind of goons...

why is it that the martian manhunter does not look like a martian?
                        he's a shape shifter

Comment

Originally posted by christian_kryptonian
                          I can't beliee nobody noticed this(I can't believe I didn't mention it before, I thougt o it instantly during the episode). OK so at the beginning the phantom like rips a hole in Martian Manhunters gut and he is all surprised so naturally he punches him in the face. This made zero sense to me, because if you know MM's powers you know he can change his density and go intangible. If he would have done that(which is what MM in the comics would ahve done), the possessed dude's arem would have goneright through touching nothing. But apparently our writerrs have no ide who Martian Manhunter is. Oh well.
                          Not if he was taken by suprise which it looked to me like he was.

Originally posted by iss_hogai
                          what does a martian look like? I am assuming you have seen one?
                          LOL!!! Nope but we have seen what the MM looks like and he doesn't look like a black guy. Would have been nice to either see him in his natural form, the form we see in the comics/cartoons, or have him appear differently in each episode he appeared. MM is a shape shifter so he isn't restricted to one shape and I doubt he'd keep to one shape. Makes no sense.
                          Last edited by norman619; 06-10-2007, 09:18 AM.

Comment

I thought they did a terrible job with the Lionel/Martian Manhunter explanation:

1) Why would Lionel writing the word "power" be a beacon for MM? It's not like it glowed. I would have bought that the fortress sent a message to MM or something.

2) If Lionel is Jor-El's "emissary" now, how is that different from S5 when he was Jor-El's oracle? In "Zod" Lionel claimed the connection with Jor-El was broken and he couldn't hear J-E's voice in his head anymore. Was Lionel lying? Why/how else would he even know to write "power," implausibly calling MM?

I think they hadn't even decided whether Lionel was good or bad until the last few episodes. The "oracle" reveal with the Kryptonian writings in S5 was cool, this reveal felt repetitive and felt pretty flat to me, as there had been basically no build up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
                              So where was this alleyway Lana was running down towards her car? Why was she parked in this alleyway and how did Lionel know where she was? Last we saw Lana was in the mansion. Since when to rich women park in some back street alley? It doesn’t make sense.

She was behind all the shops in town like were The Talon and everything are
                              Last edited by DaliyPlanetReporter; 06-25-2007, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkThunder0112
                                I originally posted this as a new thread, but I meant to post it as a reply to this thread. So Here it is again.

1st inconsistency-As the doctor is running towards the door and Lex is closing it in his face, you can see the doctor is wounded in his lower abdomen on the left hand side. The next cut scene is the boy dragging the doctor to the door, but he died at the door.

2nd inconsistency-As the boy puts the dead doctor's finger onto the fingerprint sensor he has no gloves on. Cut to the next scene and that same hand is seen falling to the floor with a rubber glove on it.

I still loved the episode! Hoping to see more of a fight between Clark and Bizarro in Season 7 opener!
                                Alas, #2 was not an inconsistancy. I went through it frame by frame and only the thumb of the glove was missing so the sensor could work. The rest of the glove was still on the doctor's hand. So when the same hand is seen falling to the floor with a rubber glove on, it is not an inconsistency.

As for #1, the kid could have flung the doctor back and killed him. Then was dragging the body toward the door. Reasonable, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎