Progeny...............3.98*
    Nemesis..............3.88*
    Noir....................3.59*
    Prototype...........3.43*
    Phantom............4.14*

* - Final

Season 6 Average - 4.52 million

Comment

With that dip into shake 3 mil territory between Combat and Phantom, I think this seasons ratings turned out better than some made them out to be. After all when it was doing great people sang it's praises, and when it was taking a dive people doomed it to obscurity. I think a 4.52 million average is great for a show that's been on the air for 6 years and is airing on a fledgling network that's made some admittedly horrid advertising mistakes.

Comment

Exactly! SV has done a pretty good job considering its networks handling of the merger/ advertising / hiatus schedule etc..

Just think if those 3mil rated episodes meet the season avg. SV's rating then would've been 4.66mil slightly better , but nothing drastic. SV should be proud of its numbers.

Comment

Well, I'm not surprised the show lost over a million viewers between Promise and Prototype.

Frankly I'm surprised they managed over four million for the finale.

For a small network, they lost almost a quarter of their viewers in a span of four or five episodes. If that doesn't signal that somethings wrong, I don't know what does.
          Last edited by Dodden; 05-18-2007, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
            (...)
            Phantom............4.14*

* - Final

Season 6 Average - 4.52 million
            Wow, so the finale is BELOW average.
            Has this happened before, in any of the other seasons?

Still, it feels like we avoided disaster.

Comment

Not surprised at all. After "Promise", the ratings have been dropping way too fast.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this might be lowest season finale in 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by paolinki25
                Not surprised at all. After "Promise", the ratings have been dropping way too fast.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this might be lowest season finale in 6 years.
                Absolute, as well as relative?

Comment

Lest we all forget, EVERY network has been experiencing a drop in viewership - as much as 15% since the beginning of March. There are several articles on it in the mainstream media.

The networks are citing TiVO as one of the principal reasons. I haven't looked overall in a few weeks but even the big hits: 5th grader, Ugly Betty - they all have taken a ratings dive. SV should be no exception.

No time to hit a panic button. It's in line with what the major networks are experiencing as well. That's not to say that CW can't do more to pump money into its advertising budget for SV. It's a ratings horse for CW and rather than let it drift, they should pump it up. I saw/heard ZERO ads for SV last week in the South Florida market.

Comment

I think the ratings whould be higher. Come on, some of the shows on this time on Thursdays are not very good.

Comment

I didn't see any trailers, nor did I hear any radio ads...I only saw previews from when I was online.

That's probably part of it...but I'm still happy that the finale was over 3 million.

Comment

Why is lack of advertising being blamed when it should be sucky storylines that caused over 1 million people to run and hide?

Comment

Why do you believe that just because you thought they were sucky storylines that everyone agrees with you? It's all relative and people have really gotta quit thinking their opinion is the only one that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                            Wow, so the finale is BELOW average.
                            Has this happened before, in any of the other seasons?
                            Season 1 - Average - 6.41 million
                            Episode 21 - Tempest - 6 million

Season 2 - Average - 7.73 million
                            Episode 23 - Exodus - 7.5 million

Season 5 - Average - 5.32 million
                            Episode 22 - Vessel - 4.9 million

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...64#post3020164
                            Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 05-19-2007, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Well thanks for the ratings, thats great.

Btw, i hope next season the CW or the makers of smallville start promoting thier show more.

I also heard from a few people that they stop watching the show, because of the lana and clark thing. I do think they need to end the clana thing.

But it dont bother me like other people.

Comment

Ratings for the finale and the season average are good considering the CW advertised very little and cut up the second half of the season. Agree with those who say this fledgling network doesn't get much coverage and this six year old show is doing well, maybe we ought to be saying it helped carry the CW this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎