No announcement yet.

huge x-men rip off.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winstonwolf06
    Maybe ripoff is a harsh word, homage, maybe?
    Tribute?
    My sentiments exactly.
    Why can't we just enjoy the series as a self contained story, and turn off that nagging little part of the brain
    that has to compare every little detail, with something that came before it?

If we can't do that, our heads will just eventually explode.

Besides, just because someone does something "first," doesn't necessarily mean that they've done it the "best."

Comment

Tribute?

Great show tonight, can't wait for the finale, or Heroes: Origins
      Ripoff is absolutely a harsh word, because this is a comic book show. You will always find concurrent thems that run throughout the history of comic books and any other type of mythology. They all rip each other off. It is just a matter of who does it best, and right now heroes is doing it better than anyone currently.

Comment

Check my Molly=Cerebro from the X-men post!

Comment

see forget the whole nit-pickin' deal, but if you wanna compare check out sylar i mean he didn't even have to really move, he was smart to flip it so that rear was facing him...i think magneto just stopped it AND then walked to the rear! looks like sylar's been eating his brain cells...

Comment

I didnt think XM in that seen, I kept rewinding to see if it was the same spot that Alicia showed Chloe Clarks powers.

And yeah yeah, I know, leave it to the guy named MackLove to bring Chloe into Heroes

Comment

Its been pretty obvious throughout the course of the show that the creators were borrowing very heavily from the X-Men anyway. One of the powers that be on the show used to work for marvel. Hell, Hiro even referenced the x-mens Days of Future past storyline...and then went and showed us Heroes version of it. These 'heroes' are essentially just like marvels mutants (born with it, genetics, etc)...I was a huge fan of the X-Men, but I don't consider this show a 'ripoff'...'inspired by' is more accurate. They clearly draw heavily from it, but not necessarily copying it. If anything, its a validation of just how good the x-men were/are that someone(s) else could take the concept and run with it in such a spectacular fashion.

Comment

quote:
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tribute?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ya rip off was a harsh word for me to use and i did say that at the beginning of this thread. i didnt mean a rip off like i thought they stole that from x-men, i just meant that that scene reminded me of x-men 3. i actually really loved that scene with sylar and agree with j-kent, sylar did do it with more style then magneto.

quote:
                originally posted by Randy G.

My sentiments exactly.
                Why can't we just enjoy the series as a self contained story, and turn off that nagging little part of the brain
                that has to compare every little detail, with something that came before it?

If we can't do that, our heads will just eventually explode.

Besides, just because someone does something "first," doesn't necessarily mean that they've done it the "best."
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I`m sorry, I didnt mean that heroes copied x-men and I didnt post this thread negatively. I actually enjoy finding the similarities between heroes and comic books. I wasnt trying to `compare every little detail` and that scene didnt nag me, I really enjoyed it, I just thought it would be fun to discuss the similaraties of those two scenes. sorry if i bothered anyone, like I said, rip off was a really bad word, I just wasnt able to think of anything else at the time. similarity would have been a better word to use. sorry again everyone.

Comment

Tribute?
                  I agree.

More than anything, that scene made me wonder; does Heroes have a huge budget for an effect like that, or was X-Men 3 working with chicken feed?

Comment

Oh, come on, X-Men didn't copyright a scene where a telekinetic man flips a car. I'd totally do that if I were Sylar.

Comment

I understand that "Heroes" will have many similarities with X-Men story-wise. But I refuse to believe that they're ripping off X-3. I definately can't speak for every fan of X-men or of Heroes, but I personally did not enjoy the X-men movies, and I would never expect any Big comic book fan (such as the creators of the show) to reference the movies (which kind of muck up the story). When I saw that scene in the show it never occured to me that that's what the creators had in mind. More than likely it's just a coincidence that people see similarities in the two scenes, rather than it being a rip-off or, for that matter, an homage.

That opinion aside, I found it very strange that Sylar killed him like that. Especially since Sylar did a painting of Ted and himself, which never remotely came to fruition.

Comment

I'm pretty sure with the Stan Lee cameo that we can be certain Marvel isn't worried about being ripped off and the show has a good relationship with them. I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel eventually picked up the idea and started to print the "Graphic Novels" for comic store distribution.

Comment

Re: huge x-men rip off.

Originally posted by phantom222
                          did anyone else notice the scene with sylar stopping the van was like when magneto saved mystique in x men the last stand?( rip off is sorta a harsh word)
                          Why not? If Marvel is producing the show then it would only make sense they would draw inspiration from their property. I mean, practically the whole concept of "Heroes" is X-Men. It still rocks!!!

Comment

actualy peter is more like rogue... but maybe this will push them into making a live action xmen series!!

Comment

I dont think they should. They are doing well with the movies and they tried Mutant-X without success. It seems as if they tried now it would just to feed off Heroes success. I think that would hurt them.

Comment

X-men was the most realistic of the marvel books. It looked at what would happen if one group of people in the world suddenly had powers beyond the rest of the population.

Heroes takes that concept and further improves it, taking away things such as the aliens and costumes, and giant robots, that are a part of X-men. Its not neccesarily a rip-off, or even a homage, but another creative property that tackles the same themes and ideas.

As for the scene in question, I don't see why anyone would want to rip-off X3. Other than Beast, and perhaps Juggernaut, I can't remember a single thing about the movie that wasnt "meh" for me. Not necessarily bad, but leaps and bounds away from the awesomeness that was X2.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎