No announcement yet.

Lana: I would never hurt the man I love

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All about Clark
    Clark felt forced into telling Lana he didn't love her because of HER actions. He couldn't be honest without putting her life at risk because she was too close to Lex. Clark hurt himself as well. It clearly isn't what he wanted, but he did it to protect her. Lana going behind Clark's back did hurt Clark and did nothing to protect Clark at the time of Lockdown and Reckoning. It is not equal. If she wasn't so hot for his secret, they'd be together right now.
    Good point. Lana's not exactly a buttress of support- Lex could extort or manipulate her secret out of her. Clark saw how Lex reacted and the outcome was Lana's death. We have a whole storyline on how easily manipulated Lana is.

Lana's death or a white lie? Both hurt Lana, but the latter is less permanent.

Lana has never proven that shes' very trustworthy- even her best friend, Chloe, broke a computer rather than let Lana in on Clark's secret. Chloe knows Lana better than anyone, doesn't she?
    Last edited by Seryna; 05-15-2007, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seryna
      Lana has never proven that shes' very trustworthy- even her best friend, Chloe, broke a computer rather than let Lana in on Clark's secret. Chloe knows Lana better than anyone, doesn't she?
      I don't think Lana was ever given an opportunity to prove she is trust worthy since Clark never let her in fully! And i don't think Chloe knows her better then anyone since she didn't get to really know Lana until Clark and Lana became close.
      Last edited by tmack09; 05-15-2007, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
        Clark felt forced into telling Lana he didn't love her because of HER actions. He couldn't be honest without putting her life at risk because she was too close to Lex.....
        Exactly. From Lex's dealings with Lana up to Hypnotic, it was essentially Lex's involvement in Clark's life. He knew Clark would do anything for Lana. So having her meant more to Lex than just her love. It cuts deep into his character's core: that he destroys what he can't have or take for himself. In this case it was Clark's secret, and to a degree, their lost friendship. Lex has never played fair and having Lana was a total power-trip and mind-play for him.

Lex knows Lana will always love Clark more and that Clark aches for Lana, so his sweet revenge with Clark was to pluck the girl from his arms with gentle, play the honest and misunderstood man, seduction, acting as her friend. And that's why he told Clark he never had a friend in Nemesis, even though Lana supposedly started as a friend. All tactics, lies, pure evil, just like in her mother's vision when he died in (Lexana)?

Want to russle the real puppet-master, villain and culprit? It's not (really intentionally) Clark or Lana, so who's left.

Comment

Originally posted by Seryna
          Good point. Lana's not exactly a buttress of support- Lex could extort or manipulate her secret out of her. Clark saw how Lex reacted and the outcome was Lana's death. We have a whole storyline on how easily manipulated Lana is.

Lana's death or a white lie? Both hurt Lana, but the latter is less permanent.

TPTB just wanted to get out of Lana knowing Clark's secret.
          Can she help that Lex went psycho on her? Not really. The writers just needed an easy cop-out. And yes, she is trustworthy - Reckoning has proved that. She didn't tell Lex. One could easily say the same about Chloe's trustworthiness, in the 3rd season, when she went behind Clark's back. Not to mention the fact that Chloe actually knows Clark's secret now, so she's had a chance to prove herself. If Lana doesn't know, then she can't exactly show that she is trustworthy.
          Let's not forget the fact that Chloe has known for 2 years, and she hardly has a scratch on her from it. I blame poor writing.
          Besides, you do realize, don't you, that Lana was engaged to Clark? Lex knew that she would never say yes with all the doubts she had. That doesn't mean she is easily manipulated. Not even an idiot would marry Clark if they didn't know about him.

Comment

K-al-L, I like your first post. Welcome. I think, too, that one of Lex's motives in wanting Lana was to stick a knife into Clark's heart, and while he was at it, maybe be able to use Lana to find out Clark's secret.

Originally posted by lissie14
            But Clark still got with her in Season five, thinking his past would just magically go away, ignored her when he got his powers back, then lied and told her he didn't love her. Was this just forgotten or something? That's a pretty bad thing to do to someone.
            And with Reckoning, Lana was just trying to be there for someone. Sure Lex isn't one of Clark's favorite people, but does Lana honestly know the stuff that Lex has done?
            Not forgotten or overlooked. The moment he got his powers back, he started pulling away from Lana. He had a very difficult decision to make and to execute. He did not really want to let her go, but he wanted her to have a life full of everything she wanted and deserved, and he felt that would never be possible as long as she was with him in a make house sort of way. In his own words"....[this thing with Simone] did something I didn't have the guts to do myself..." that being completely and permanently breaking up with Lana. He could have used the excuse "I didn't know what I was doing...p-a-lease forgive me...let's play house some more..." But, he didn't do that. He broke up with her in a way he knew would let her know it was OVER. And in her words, "forever." Hurtful? Yes. Efficient? Also yes. Was Lana the only one hurt in the deal? Absolutely not! Was Clark being selfish in this? Nope.
            Last edited by Dor el; 05-15-2007, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Yes, he pulled away. The sad thing is that he did it to "protect" her. Once again, Chloe knows, she's not dying here.
              Even Lana dying would be better than her emotions consistantly being toyed with, though.
              Clark doing what he did was fairly idiotic. He seemed to have thought that because his powers were lost, then his past was, too, and he never had to tell Lana the truth eventually. After all that had happened, my guess would be that Lana thought that if Clark was drawing close to her, then he would let her in. That really wasn't fair to her.

Comment

I don't think that Lana has been particularly fair to Clark either. Clark's emotions have taken a pretty big hit too.

I didn't say Clark's rationale was sound; just that he had his reasons for doing what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by lissie14
                  Can she help that Lex went psycho on her? Not really. The writers just needed an easy cop-out. And yes, she is trustworthy - Reckoning has proved that. She didn't tell Lex.
                  No actually it didn't. What it proved was that even though Lana didn't tell, she could be figured out. That at that time, the secret wasn't something Lana could sell as not knowing. Because if she could sell to Lex that she knew nothing about Clark's secret, she'd be married to Clark right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CDLBLUE
                    Lana has done nothing but hurt Clark for the last six years, both intentionally and unintentionally, her lack of self-awareness would be laughable if it were not for all the pain and misery it has caused both for herself and many other people, I hope when the climax of this season comes, she may finally see all that Clark has sacrificed for her, and done for her, and that she may learn a little humility and show some gratitude. ( like getting out of Clark life forever)
                    They both hurt each other people. It is not as if clark hasn't hurt Lana before. And now Lana is sacrificing herself for clark. Their relationship wouldn't work cuz clarks secret. All he had to do was **** her those 3 times and she wouldn't have felt like the man she loves doesn't even want to touch her. maybe they would of lasted a lot longer. He was always walking away from her so what do u expect.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretzNLyz15
                      Geez..Lana is blamed for EVERYTHING isn't she? Well then, F**K YOU Lana for global warming, famine, war, and how DARE you make the wind blow hard enough to cause my drink to fall over?!! *sarcasm*

Give it a break. Clark has hurt Lana just as much as Lana has hurt Clark. It's equal.

Dude you're literally blaming everything on Lana for pete's sake!! Man she should be President of the United States!! She is the Blame Goddess!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dor el
                        I don't think that Lana has been particularly fair to Clark either. Clark's emotions have taken a pretty big hit too.

I didn't say Clark's rationale was sound; just that he had his reasons for doing what he did.
                        No, I know that, I know that Lana has hurt Clark too. I'm just tired of Lana getting all the crap and people sweeping what Clark does under the rug.

Comment

Supermania65, that was kind of the point of SecretzNLyz15's post...to show, by sarcasm, how a lot of stuff is blamed on Lana.

...I liked her post.

Comment

Originally posted by redraven
                            Supermania65, that was kind of the point of SecretzNLyz15's post...to show, by sarcasm, how a lot of stuff is blamed on Lana.

...I liked her post.
                            Yeah, her post cracked me up.

Comment

It seems posters are forgetting the Hidden episode. Lana knowing Clark's secret wasn't really what caused her death, she was MEANT to die in exchange for Clark to live. He reversed time to PREVENT that from happening. Basically even when Lana didn't know CK's secrets, she would have died no matter what but Clark got a second chance to stop it. Then JK died instead to balance nature.

Sorry, but sometimes CK does things that just doesn't make sense. He dumps Lana, but continue to have googly eyes for her. WTF? And Lana is so hung up on Clark no matter how much she tries to deny it. I honestly thought she was over him, then they had to throw in the Clana kiss in Crimson, then all Clana Hell broke loose.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMania69
                                Dude you're literally blaming everything on Lana for pete's sake!! Man she should be President of the United States!! She is the Blame Goddess!!
                                Woah..I'm a big Lana/Clana fan. I'm sorry if my sarcasm went right over your head, even though I stated it was sarcasm. I'm just tired of people blaming Lana for everything.

Originally posted by citizenlen
                                It seems posters are forgetting the Hidden episode. Lana knowing Clark's secret wasn't really what caused her death, she was MEANT to die in exchange for Clark to live. He reversed time to PREVENT that from happening. Basically even when Lana didn't know CK's secrets, she would have died no matter what but Clark got a second chance to stop it. Then JK died instead to balance nature.

Sorry, but sometimes CK does things that just doesn't make sense. He dumps Lana, but continue to have googly eyes for her. WTF? And Lana is so hung up on Clark no matter how much she tries to deny it. I honestly thought she was over him, then they had to throw in the Clana kiss in Crimson, then all Clana Hell broke loose.
                                I agree that Lana was probably the one that was going to be traded in the first place.

Clark broke up with Lana to protect her from, at the time, Lex. Clark thought that Lex would leave Lana alone if she was out of the picture, which came back to bite him in the ass.

Of course Lana is still hung up on Clark. Her first true love told her he didn't love her anymore and dumped her for no real reason. That love doesn't just disappear. In Crimson, RedK Clark told Lana that he still loves her, something that Lana was shocked to hear. As much as Lana tried to hide her emotions, you could see that she was visibly torn with her emotions about Clark.
                                Crimson just jumpstarted Lana's doubts about Clark's feelings, not to mention that kiss. Remember what Lana said in (I think) Lockdown:

"When we kiss, when we really kiss, I can feel how much you want me."
                                Last edited by SecretzNLyz15; 05-16-2007, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎