No announcement yet.

Will Lex become state senator?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Lex become state senator?

Do you think if Martha takes the senator position for the US Congress that Lex will replace Martha as Kansas state senator? Vote for what you think will happen.
    Yes, Lex will replace Martha & this will be a season 7 plot
    0%
    No, someone else either mentioned or unmentioned will replace her
    0%
    Martha will not become a senator in the US Congress and will either keep her current job or leave it to return full time to the farm so Clark can train
    0%

Yes because dosent Lex become President later on in his life, or some higher form in office and the only way for him to is to become Senator. This would be a great plot for Season 7 to show how corrupt he is and how Clark and everyone try all in their power to expose his true colors.

Comment

One idea I have been mentioning is having Lex overthrow Martha by manufacturing all sorts of garbage and forcing her out of her state senate seat:

See #2 of this post regarding Pete, Lex & Martha:

I was shocked at the possibility that this may happen. I hope they bring Pete back, since he would be perfect for such a plot (his destiny falls right in that spot).

The thing is, for this to happen, Martha would have to turn down her opportunity and remain state senator, because Lex is way too young to be a senator in the US Congress now. Unless he puts Lionel in that spot to do his bidding & remove/replace Martha from power, which would make things very interesting, and would really be a cool way to ultimately have Lex murder Lionel.

Comment

Personally I think this would be a great plot twist, but somehow I think Lex has evolved past wanting to be the state senator.

Comment

That'd be a cool plot for season 7.

Comment

I think he'll just play dirty and try to bring down Martha. Like a previous poster had mentioned, he's probably way beyond just wanting to be a state senator now.

Comment

^^But don't you think he would need a stepping stone before he becomes president?

Comment

Pete is too young to be a State Senator. He's around Clark's age. I agree with one comment made by a fan in another SV forum ... maybe they could use someone related to Pete so, in the future, Pete could follow a family member's footsteps.

Comment

Pete shouldn't be state senator, but Lex's advisor or campaign guy. Or an intern who works by Lex's side while Lex is state senator, kind of like Martha working for Lionel in season 2. It would be a great plot.

Comment

But Lex knows that Pete hates him, it would be very weird ... Lex's getting darker and darker each episode ... and an idiot enough to hire someone that could kill him in a heartbeat?

Comment

He would only become senator if he ran and won in the election that will take place if/when Martha leaves her position. This is the way it works in the gov't if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by ClowRegulus
                        But Lex knows that Pete hates him, it would be very weird ... Lex's getting darker and darker each episode ... and an idiot enough to hire someone that could kill him in a heartbeat?
                        In Forsaken, Pete told Lex that he owes him for stopping Loder from killing him. A good plot would be if Pete stands up for Lex and prevents him from going to jail or paying some heavy fines after realizing that Lex would still have power from prison as Lionel did in season 4 and would be worse than ever to deal with. He and Clark could then coordinate their activities so that once Lex gets elected, he spends most of his time in the govt, which will slow down 33.1 so that the JLA could eliminate it completely.

I think this would best be done by also having Clark & Kal-El as 2 seperate identities so that Lex sees the 2 of them simultaneously. I would do this in the following steps:

1. Clark would create a suit and start doing his heroics under the identity of Naman. He would leave signatures at every 33.1 site he hits by burning the Kryptonian "8" inside the diamond symbol on the walls. At this point, Lex would know Naman is on Earth and is counteracting his plans.

2. While wearing the suit, he would be exposed to black-k and cause him to seperate his Kal-El side off so that they both exist and both wear the Naman suit

3. Clark would then save Lex from a fire or something without the suit while Kal-El in his Naman suit is close by so that Lex sees Clark helping him up & out of the building while at the same time seeing Kal-El, who he would think is Naman since he's wearing the suit, destroy more of his facility. This would finally convince Lex that Clark is not Naman and is not an alien. I would also have Lois in such a scene writing a story on these same events so she could also see the 2 simulataneously and not think Clark is Superman later on.

4. Clark, with insider information that Pete gives him as they meet up, would attack 33.1 facilities every now & then by wearing the Naman suit so that Lex thinks it's Naman and not Clark. This way, he would be convinced that since Clark is not the one attacking his facilities, that Pete is not spying on him because Naman is an alien who is all by himself and has nothing else to do but spy on Sageeth, who Lex knows is himself. This would support the notion that people in the future can't comprehend that Superman has a side job and instead think he is Superman 24/7.

I wrote some fanfics where this is done, and I think it worked out very well:

Retribution & Eradication (my versions of episodes 6.18 & 6.22)
                        Forum for posting fan fiction that is primarily plot-driven and doesn't concentrate on any one particular romantic pairing or friendship. Also called "Episodal fic" because it's more like an episode. It can include mentions of different friendships o

Fissure (my version of episode 7.01; this is where Clark & Kal-El seperate)
                        Forum for posting fan fiction that is primarily plot-driven and doesn't concentrate on any one particular romantic pairing or friendship. Also called "Episodal fic" because it's more like an episode. It can include mentions of different friendships o

Clash (my version of episode 7.02; Clark & Kal-El battle seperate threats and Lex & Lois sees them both at the same time)

Comment

Originally posted by Ardiem3
                          Yes because dosent Lex become President later on in his life, or some higher form in office and the only way for him to is to become Senator.
                          Not at all. There are three requirements to become POTUS.

1) Being born in the United States.

2) Being over 35.

3) Having been a resident of the United States for the last 14 years.

There is no rule that the President must have past experience as a Senator or held any other political office.

To be a Senator, like Martha, the requirements are:

1) Be, at least, 30.

2) Must've been a U.S. citizen for, at least, nine years.

3) They must be a resident of the state, that they want to represent, at the time of the election.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎