Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.22 - Why We Fight

I got the name right! I can't wait to see what happens. I hope Johnston doesn't die.

On the preview, Hawkins is sitting on the tank.

I caught the last half hour and I cannot believe Johnston died! I cried!

I did enjoy the ending with Jake and Constantine. "Nuts"

Comment

i got tears in my eyes during this episode.. god i love this show, if CBS does not bring it back for atleast 2 more seasons i will go insane

Comment

I was somewhat dissapointed with the finale. I expected some resolution instead they had no resolution to anything. Of course they shouldn't have resolved everything but it seemed a lame way to end the season.

On another note it seems bizzare that they killed off Johnston. He was a really likeable character and seemed important to the structure of the show, especially with the situation between Gray and him.

Comment

Plus, having Gerald McRaney on the show really upped the level of quality and recognition for the show. I'm surprised, too, that they let him go.

Comment

I was sooo sad wen Johnston died i didnt think he would die this early in the show but wut can we expect for wen it comes bac

I didnt rlly like the ending that much because we have to wait a while to see who lived who died and wut happened wit Heather

but i did think it was funny wen Jake and Constantine Was like "Nuts" lol

Comment

Im not sure why they killed of Johnston too.....he was the most "stable" character on the show.

Comment

big mistake!

i think it was a BIG mistake to kill off Johnston!

that's like killing off Ben Cartwright!!!!

not good!

Comment

I realize that everyone is a bit upset at losing Gerald, but since the producers said the show will move from survival to the rebuilding of the country, Johnston will have served his purpose for the show. I loved this year, let's see where they go from here.

Comment

What about the flag? What does anyone think the significance of the vertical stripes is? I am English and so I only know that the number of stripes and stars has something to do with the number of states and so can understand why there were less stars and possibly less stripes, but vertical? Could this be an indicator that the government that owns those stripes is not the "right" government? Certainly the fact that the evil bald fat guy who was behind the entire apocolypse suggests this (although it is entirely possible that no-one else knows about his involvement as manouvering himself into such a position would have been a primary motivation for him).

I also liked the "Nuts" reference, although I only recognised it because of the miniseries "Band of Brothers". I thought it spoiled it a little that Constantino didn't recognise it, I felt it took away from the drama that Jake then had to explain it with the "go to hell" translation, after all WE knew what it meant.

And what is Rob planning with the tank? I was thinking that he would use it to block the train tracks, but he seemed to be leaving that till the last minute, or was he going to try and roll it down the hill into the train as it went past? Could work with the right timing, but extremely tricky.

Also, is it me or have I seen that Col Hoffman on this show before? I can't remember whether it was on Jericho or whether he was just on some other show that I have seen recently, he is one of those actors that crops up on a lot of shows in a supporting role. I did think that he might of been part of the Ravenwood crew of something similar, but cannot be sure.

I find I love the idea of the reformation of society and it makes perfect sense to me to follow the state system of governence, after all the USA started that way for a reason - and the situation these people find themselves in regards to lack of communications and infrastrucure and basic lawlessness is the same as it would have been 150 or so years previously. Maybe in 20 years time they will be ready for a national government, but I think until then any system will be too much too soon and will fall apart.

Sorry about the length of this post, rant over.

Comment

I really hope that if there is a second season, they do something a little better with the scheduling. That long break killed my buzz, and I apologize for not keeping the site better updated.

Comment

Atleast this show is realistic. Johnston took one bullet and he was gone. Smallville is crap.... Lana healed like Wolverine within a week... No side effects whatsoever from the gunshot... No gunshot wound.. no scars...

Comment

For all we know Johnston really isn't dead. Remember, Gail is a nurse so she might resuscitate him. It's happened so many times on other shows it wouldn't surpise me to him around next season.

Comment

Anything is possible on television...

Comment

OK I LOVE Jericho and really hope it comes back for a second season!!! I have seen every episode and i love it!! they must be insane if they cancle it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎