Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in Noir

Talk about special effects and the effects used in transitions between noir type scenes and "reality" scenes here.

I personally found the Noir scenes great, especially the car chase. The way things were sped up was true to the old movies and the way they did those kinds of effects.

Comment

The Chloe-fall was HORRIBLE. No, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
        The Chloe-fall was HORRIBLE. No, seriously.
        I didn't like it either. It looked very fake.

Comment

I loved the old cars and everything did look so much like that era.

Wonder where it was shot?

Clark catching Chloe was cute. Why does everything have to be serious all the time?

Comment

the Chloe fall was bad, but hey, you can't really film something like that safely, and omg the catching was ADORABLE... but anyways, I really liked the black and white and how they did the scene changes with sliding pictures, or circles closing. I love the period costumes and film style!!!

imo, what would have really made it authentic would be film grain, like way back when the dust got all over the film and made lots of white spots on the screen. that would've made it really cool =]]]

Comment

how they made everything greyscale, that was awesome, must a taken em like hours, wow, im seriously impressed

PS:I prefer the term greyscale over black&white cause it makes more sense

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
                I loved the old cars and everything did look so much like that era.

Wonder where it was shot?

Clark catching Chloe was cute. Why does everything have to be serious all the time?
                It kind of looked a lot like the backlot of Warner Bros. studio to me. But the look was great were ever it was shot.

Jack

Comment

Things I liked:

The cars (with the white-walled tires)

The 40's version of the DP

The Talon Nightclub/bar

The effects when the screen faded out (the sweep effect)

I also thought Chloe's fall looked fake.

Comment

I liked that they used the old style of filming the inside of a car driving (background moving to make it look like the car is moving). It was a nice touch.

Comment

I didn't like the fall either, but yeah, the car scene with the old movie inserts like the train, really cool!

Comment

Chole fall was kind of cheesy. The car chase with Lex and Jimmy it was funny. How they made evething go fast. Lex's crash was the best part.

Comment

Isn't there some old movie where a women falls down the stairs like Chloe did? I think they were still paying homage to the old style movies by making it look fake.

Comment

Originally posted by KLGChaos
                            I personally found the Noir scenes great, especially the car chase. The way things were sped up was true to the old movies and the way they did those kinds of effects.
                            Originally posted by Chloe>All
                            I liked that they used the old style of filming the inside of a car driving (background moving to make it look like the car is moving). It was a nice touch.
                            'nuff said.

Comment

that scene where lex crached into the train wa spretty cool

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎