Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Ratings

Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.586 million viewers; 2.1/4 HH; 1.5/4 A18-49; 1.6/5 A18-34)

Link

SEASON 6 Week to Week

Zod......................4.96*
    Sneeze.................4.52*
    Wither..................4.88*
    Arrow...................4.71*
    Reunion...............4.79*
    Fallout.................5.01*
    Rage...................4.46*
    Static...................4.70*
    Subterranean........4.31*
    Hydro..................4.68*
    Justice.................5.26*
    Labyrinth..............5.00*
    Crimson.................4.91*
    Trespass...............4.74*
    Freak....................4.76*
    Promise................4.69*
    Combat................4.07*
    Progeny...............3.98*
    Nemesis..............3.88*
    Noir....................3.58*

* - Final Rating
    Last edited by Bosrudorfer; 05-04-2007, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Because of the wedding I think it ended the chance of Clana ever happening.
      Surely anyone who has watched the show ever before Promise would realize that something as insignificant as a weeding would not necessarily stop the Clana-drama.

Comment

are you kidding the wedding ending the chance of clana .. it seems that is the way they are going which has really put me off... it use to be a good show for the family now for me at least it has a lot of immoral things happening...Superman going after a married woman .....

Comment

Wow, horrible numbers. "Noir" was barely promoted at all, and, although it was a nice episode, black & white film noir just isn't going to appeal to the masses, especially not the CW's target demo. Plus, the competition is brutal and sunlight has worked its charm on people.

I just hope we can get at least 4 million again before the season ends, but that's starting to sound unlikely. But maybe the BSG guest star will help. I think it helped SN a bit.

Comment

tHE RATINGS FOR pROGENY AND nemeSIS WERE SO POOR BECAUSE sMALLIVILLE TAKES TOO MANY GAPS. hALF THE PEOPLE WHO dont go to this site probally didnt know the new episodes were even back yet.
            Thats the real problem holding Season 6 back I think, too many breaks and not enough notice when the breaks are over and new episodes are back. Thats why I missed several episodes of Season 3 when they first aired , I got thrown off by the constant mid season m reruns. If the were smart, CW 11 would do like 24 and get all the episodes done, then play them all in succession like 24 does. Just make smallville sart in January rather than sept so they have more time to finish SFX. The ratings would benefit from it. Progeny and Nemesis shouldnt have had such low ratings. I blame the breaks.

Lol I cant believe Fallout got such high ratings. What did people tune in to see bow wow? he sucks.

Lol for combat they should have Used John Cena or the rock,would have gotten them Higher ratings. Kane Sucks too.

Oh and I rather see Trish Stratus rather than that No-name WWE chick. She was skanky.
            Last edited by Tacosupes; 05-04-2007, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Wow! 9.4 mil.! Best EVER For?

Originally posted by RedKRules
              Episode 7 (11/05/02) - Viewers: 9.4 million
              Wowwwww I did not know about this one ......just great old times .....
              I was quite impressed! I had to look up the DVD in my 2nd season collection and was surprised to learn that Episode 7, the 9.4 million share episode, was "Lineage". I had to wonder WHY? It wasn't so 'special', at least not to me. It was that episode where a woman from Lionel Luthor's past came looking for the baby (that had been Lionel's) that was taken from her after Lionel had her institutionalized for being Mentally Unstable. She thought that Clark was her long-lost child. It was really Good, but to have gotten the best Ratings EVER!? BUT, STILL happy about it!

Comment

I think the steady decline is happening because the shows have not been that good. This last episode was the worst of the season. I think next year will be the last season and the writers are starting to wrap things up very quickly.

I think 2 people will die by seasons end to clear up salaries for the seventh season. They will die or disappear. Probably Lionel and Lana. The seventh season will really focus on the relationship between Lex and Clark. You can't complain though, seven seasons is very good for a t.v. series.

Comment

The truth is this season, the writers stupidly took a wrong turn with the Lexana wedding and fake baby storyline. You can track the dramatic decline in ratings from there. I mean from season to season the ratings drop was steady but in the beginning of this season the show was hovering around 4.5 - 4.8 million viewers. Which was pretty decent for a show that has been going on 6 years. But all of a sudden over 1 million viewers are gone? After "Promise" each episode there was a drop in ratings.
                  Last edited by wolverine316; 05-05-2007, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chloe>All
                    Wait, Lineage had the best rating ever? It wasn't even all that great an episode.
                    it was probably advertising

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine316
                      The truth is this season, the writers stupidly took a wrong turn with the Lexana wedding and fake baby storyline. You can track the dramatic decline in ratings from there.
                      I agree.
                      On top of that: there has been absolutely no development over the last few years. People get tired of that, IMO.
                      Maybe it would be best if CW pulled the plug now.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                        That is possibly one of the stupidest statements I have ever read.
                        Why? He is right, it's been 6 seasons and Smallville's Clark is still a wussy who can't seem to hold onto a single girl. Personally for me its REALLY hard to see him turning into or as Superman.

Lex cries to daddy most of the time and is supposed to be an evil badass and Lana can't seem to decide on what flavor she wants so tries more samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosrudorfer
                          yes yes yes!

Clana fans got pissed!
                          After the romantic moment in Nemesis??? Even as a non Clana fan I will admit that was beautifully filmed and acted, and one of their best moments ever. So umm why would Clana fans be pissed? They are bringing back the Clana after all. I thought that Clana fans were pissed after Vessel's "I can't believe I ever loved you" and boycotted at that point? I certainly saw a lot of Clana fans loudly talking of early season 6's rating being so awful because of the cold Clana, how millions of Clana fans weren't watching, and making promises of what bringing Clana back would do for ratings.

The time for Lexana was actually earlier in the season with episodes like Wither and Static. Particularly Wither which ended with Lexana sex. Lana was more on Lex's side back in those days, and barely interacted with Clark. But ratings obviously held steady after Wither. Lana is a Luthor in name only since Promise, so it's a real stretch to blame Lexana for the current ratings.

Promise was what saw the series going in a radically different direction. Lana cheating on Lex, only being with him to protect Clark. And Noir was promoted with Clana kissing in the trailers I'm afraid. The episode before Noir even had a romantic Clana moment (one that was pushed in trailers), to add to the Clana build-up.

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                          Umm, I'm pretty sure this steady drop which has gone on pretty much *since Justice* proves the opposite of Promise effecting the ratings.
                          Promise saw a huge drop of about 70 thousand viewers, easily the biggest of the season. And ratings have never picked up since. If you look at the overall ratings, that's when the pattern seemed to go drastically down. Ratings didn't go down particularly after Justice, Labyrinth and Crimson did fine for the season average

Zod......................4.96*
                          Sneeze.................4.52*
                          Wither..................4.88*
                          Arrow...................4.71*
                          Reunion...............4.79*
                          Fallout.................5.01*
                          Rage...................4.46*
                          Static...................4.70*
                          Subterranean........4.31*
                          Hydro..................4.68*
                          Justice.................5.26*
                          Labyrinth..............5.00*
                          Crimson.................4.91*
                          Trespass...............4.74*
                          Freak....................4.76*
                          Promise................4.69*
                          Combat................4.07*
                          Progeny...............3.98*
                          Nemesis..............3.88*
                          Noir....................3.55
                          Last edited by Naomi; 05-05-2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Uhm, I think that the Lineage ranting is wrong. If I do remember well, Rosetta was the most watched episode ever.

Comment

Re: Wow! 9.4 mil.! Best EVER For?

Originally posted by Imzadia
                              I was quite impressed! I had to look up the DVD in my 2nd season collection and was surprised to learn that Episode 7, the 9.4 million share episode, was "Lineage". I had to wonder WHY? It wasn't so 'special', at least not to me.
                              Lineage was a great episode! It was the one that went back to the meteour shower, and had flashbacks Clark's discovery, and young Lex with Lionel. Plus Lex and Clark's meeting, and Clark brushing Lex's face. And finding out about Jonathon's deal with Lionel. It was a really good episode for the mythology I thought, and stood out from the MotW episodes that it was following

Comment

And about Promise, how dare now the Clana fans now saying that it's all Lexana's fault when they actually were happy with Promise because of Clana in the first place?...
                                Last edited by Timester; 05-05-2007, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎