TV Ratings for Noir

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville (Viewers: #5, 3.55 million; A18-49: #5, 1.5/ 4)

Link

SEASON 6 Week to Week

Zod......................4.96*
    Sneeze.................4.52*
    Wither..................4.88*
    Arrow...................4.71*
    Reunion...............4.79*
    Fallout.................5.01*
    Rage...................4.46*
    Static...................4.70*
    Subterranean........4.31*
    Hydro..................4.68*
    Justice.................5.26*
    Labyrinth..............5.00*
    Crimson.................4.91*
    Trespass...............4.74*
    Freak....................4.76*
    Promise................4.69*
    Combat................4.07*
    Progeny...............3.98*
    Nemesis..............3.88*
    Noir....................3.55

* - Final Rating

Comment

Damn....patterns like that make no one happy...

Comment

i'm wondering how big the playoffs are affecting the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by beautyfades
          i'm wondering how big the playoffs are affecting the ratings.
          I am sure there is always some effect, though its not like this is the first year ever that Smallville has had competition, look at the first post of this thread and look at the April and May dates.

There were playoffs then too.

Its just a case of the CW not doing a very good job of advertising their product, storylines that could be putting off some viewers and lousy access to major markets.

Of course when they go to their sponsores for $$$, all the sponsors see is how many viewers.

Comment

A lot of factors can cause ratings to drop. Promotion in my opinion is the biggest problem.

But...remember opinion only!....I feel that the rumor of a death of a main character is also a factor. The Chloe fans and Lana fans are fearing their character is going and I know personally a few that don't want to invest in the end of the season to watch their character go out in a non climatic end. The two female characters have too big a following to get rid of either...and some fans just give up after so much heartache and worry...they feel it just isn't worth it to see their character leave after all this time.

EDIT: Is this common knowledge...I hope I am not posting spoilerish information..Please delete if so.

Comment

If the final numbers don't rise substantially, Noir will be the least watched episode in the history of Smallville.

How sad.

Comment

Originally posted by newfamfan
                A lot of factors can cause ratings to drop. Promotion in my opinion is the biggest problem.

But...remember opinion only!....I feel that the rumor of a death of a main character is also a factor. The Chloe fans and Lana fans are fearing their character is going and I know personally a few that don't want to invest in the end of the season to watch their character go out in a non climatic end. The two female characters have too big a following to get rid of either...and some fans just give up after so much heartache and worry...they feel it just isn't worth it to see their character leave after all this time.

EDIT: Is this common knowledge...I hope I am not posting spoilerish information..Please delete if so.
                Even IF one of the main Character dies, this is Smallville, death is only permanent for Johnathan kent !

Comment

Wow! Not good! But I'm not surprised. Noir wasnt at all an exciting episode and I myself wasnt going to watch but did.

If they kill off a character they can kiss more people goodbye too. If Lana is the chosen one I'll give the show the finger and leave.

Comment

What I look at is the drop proportional from the first half of the seasons to the second half. It appears the hiatus is tough each season with approx. 1.5 million viewer drops. This season seems to follow last season. Unfortunately it did not start out as high as season 5. The fall after Reckoning and Hypnotic last year was drastic. This season's "Hypnotic" appears to be Combat, since the ratings don't seem to be recovering even after an excellent show last week.
                    Noir did nothing to reverse the trend, JMHO.

Comment

I also think that with every serialized show, the initial impact wears off over time. Lost, 24, etc., have all been upstaged by the latest craze like Ugly Betty or Grey's Annatomy. Remember when the OC was the "water cooler" show? Look what happened to that, a February series finale. Plus everyone has tivo or DVR now, so that also has some effect. Heck even the Simpsons has hit an all time low in ratings, obviously because its been on so long that only the diehard fans are left.

Also, if they were going to kill off a major character I really think they would have some sort of advertising by now like they did with Jonathan Kent. They advertised the heck out of that episode for almost a month. When its still light out at 8:30p its also hard to stay in and watch tv.

Comment

fast nationals (overnight)

this is really sad, for such a great episode, that was a tribute to the Noir genre, and done so excellently!

the effort of all the cast and crew, producers and writers is greatly appreciated by those who see the value of what this show is doing!

CBS won the 8 p.m. hour with "Survivor: Fiji," 8.3/14. ABC's "Ugly Betty" earned a 7.1/12, an improvement over recent weeks. "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" put FOX in third, beating the 4.7/8 average for super-sized editions of "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" on NBC A "noir" episode of "Smallville" earned a 2.1/4 for The CW.

Comment

those ratings sucksucksuck so bad

now i think promise having lexana getting married did affect the ratings

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
                            those ratings sucksucksuck so bad

now i think promise having lexana getting married did affect the ratings
                            yes yes yes!

Clana fans got pissed!

Comment

Originally posted by Bosrudorfer
                              Clana fans got pissed!
                              From what I recall, many Clana fans seemed more than happy with "Promise." Yes, Lana married Lex. But that episode pretty much spelled out, in neon letters, that she was doing it under duress, she didn't really love Lex after all, and Clark was the one she really wanted. Not to mention the fact that she finally learned the secret, something Clana fans have been pushing for for years.

If anything, it seemed like most of the people unhappy with "Promise" were non-Clana fans. Of the people I know who stopped watching the show after that episode (and there are a few), none of them were Clana fans outraged over the Lex/Lana marriage. Mostly, they saw "Promise" as proof that the show had well and truly become a soap opera, and just gave up.

Comment

Umm, I'm pretty sure this steady drop which has gone on pretty much *since Justice* proves the opposite of Promise effecting the ratings. Promise is well out of the mindset of the casual Smallville fan by now, and the ratings are still dropping.

In the words of Tempus, "DUH!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎