This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music from Noir

Post about music from Noir here.

it's probably gonna be a bunch of big band or swing music, seeing how it's set in the 40's.

Comment

Big band/swing is EXACTLY what we need tonight. I'm sure Mark Snow did an excellent job.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Was that really Erica singing?

Comment

Yes, it was Erica singing. Many of her online bios mention that she has had real training in singing and actually had planned to try a singing career before she got bit by the acting bug. Plus, you can just tell it was her because it sounds so much like her.

It wasn't American Idol flawless quality, but she can definitely sing much better than your average person, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SVFan7337
              Yes, it was Erica singing. Many of her online bios mention that she has had real training in singing and actually had planned to try a singing career before she got bit by the acting bug. Plus, you can just tell it was her because it sounds so much like her.

It wasn't American Idol flawless quality, but she can definitely sing much better than your average person, in my opinion.
              Ugh. Guess that means I won't be getting the song off of itunes
              then.

A shame. I liked it, too.

At least Erica has a nice voice. I would've bet anything she
              was lip-synching, but appearantly I was really wrong there.

Comment

Well usually whenever any video is shot to a song (like in music videos) the artist is lipsynching to a prerecorded version of their own music. This same techinique is also used in movie musicals. They are still singing on set but the prerecorded audio of the performance is overdubed for the best quality sound because the sound quality is not often as good on set.

I think it is very safe to say that it really was Erica singing because it sounded so much like her own voice and Erica did mention in a recent interview that she is a classically trained singer and considered a singing career at one time. There isn't much market for a singer of classical music anymore though so that probably changed her mind. Pretty good set of pipes she has. She's no powerhouse but her soft smokey vocals were perfect for this episode. I really hope a studio version of this turns up for download on CW.com or on a future soundtrack release.

I thought the performace was beautiful, just like the singer.
                Definitely the highlight of the episode. Being a huge movie buff, I'm a sucker for old film noir, so this episode is definitly one of my all time favorite Smallville episodes.
                Last edited by AlwaysAround; 05-04-2007, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Anyone else besides me notice the music playing after Clark caught Chloe? Sounded very Superman-ish to me.

Comment

noir

anyone know where i can download that song that Jimmy plays at the end of the episode when he's saying goodbye to chloe? it goes something like "somebody to love me..." i gotta say i lvoe it and i really wana download it! thanks!

Comment

I have to say that Erica's singing was pretty good.

Comment

Re: noir

Originally posted by mayra
                        anyone know where i can download that song that Jimmy plays at the end of the episode when he's saying goodbye to chloe? it goes something like "somebody to love me..." i gotta say i lvoe it and i really wana download it! thanks!
                        It was the same song Lois was singing in the 40s, so if you mean that exact version, no, I don't think you can download it from anywhere since it's Erica Durance. If you mean a different version, I have no idea. Any takers?

Comment

I totally wish I could comment but having not seen this episode can't help here

Comment

As an Australian viewer, Noir has yet to air for us, but I decided to jump on Youtube after hearing the complete shock about Erica's singing voice, and jeez, she's hardly spectular, but she does have a good voice there! You'd never guess she and Allison (for anyone who isn't aware - Allison can sing - hardly top quality, but still has an absolutely gorgeous voice on her!) would be able to sing so damn well - too bad we never really got to see it with the karaoke at the Talon... now that hardly did their talents justice... stupid writers not showing them to their full potentials. That leaves me wondering if Kristin has such talent or not... hmmm, guess we may never find out.

Comment

Wow, Erica can sing! It's a shame the timing was so out. I want this song

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎