No announcement yet.

Syler does not eat brains

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syler does not eat brains

Sylar digests peoples power is what's going on according to one of the show's writers.
    Last edited by fzbandit; 05-02-2007, 09:15 PM.

It's been confirmed by one of the writers that he does eat brains. He might have been lying, but I'm still sticking with the brain-digesting thing.

Comment

please show me the link where this writer said that Syler eats brains. I would like to look it up for myself

Comment

It's a podcast and I havn't listened to it yet, i'm still not finished with the download

I saw this link in Wikipedia's article of Sylar, which said:

Bennet mentions that Sylar's powers are a product of using foreign DNA to alter his own, but the mechanism behind this change was only implied in the television series during episode 18, "Parasite". As Mohinder is interrogating Sylar, Sylar's facade of civility breaks and he yells "Give me that damn list! So I can...sink my teeth in..." In an interview with Heroes writer Bryan Fuller, Fuller says that "[Sylar] kills people and he eats their brains and he, like, digests their power." This remained unsaid in the series until "Parasite" because some of the writers worried about "the potential silliness."
        Last edited by romfus; 05-02-2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Ah!I remembered that.But,I always thought Sylar was jocking when he was saying that and he was just examining the brains to absorbe the powers...eww!!!discusting

Comment

I love how no one can just wait till they explain it.

Comment

No way he eats brains. I believe when he said "Give me that damn list! So I can...sink my teeth in" he was merely implying something else like... kind of like a metaphor....

Eating brains is silly.... I do hope its not that.

Comment

Oh he eats them! He totally eats them! How else would he be able to figure out how they work? Mohinder's fancy pancy computers couldn't do it. So there's got to be something that happens when he digests them.

Comment

Oh he eats them! He totally eats them! How else would he be able to figure out how they work? Mohinder's fancy pancy computers couldn't do it. So there's got to be something that happens when he digests them.

Comment

So what you are saying is that Sylar all of a sudden turned into a cannibal.
                    What i think is that he takes the brains apart and examines them like he used to do watches. So if Sylar has any power it is understanding how things work.

If all he has to do is eat a brain and take the power then that means any normal person like mohinder can eat a brain to get powers.....

I insist.......he doesnt eat them....

Comment

He doesnt eat them. Has anyone seen him with a fork?

Comment

Visions of Hannibal Lector come to mind

I think his original power as seen in the pilot episode is the ability to "Understand how things work" by examining the item.

If you think about it, that would be a truly awesome ability.
                        Take apart anything and totally "understand" it and be able to then emulate it..
                        For instance, if he looked at a cancer cell, could he then understand how cancer progresses, cause or cure it?
                        Take apart a computer, and boom a computer expert.
                        It staggers the mind what he is capable of were his mind not have gone down the dark path.
                        Last edited by STFanatic; 05-03-2007, 06:21 AM.

Comment

I too, thought that his power was to see how things work. But I listened to the podcast with the interview of one of the show's writers. He said that Syler does digest people's powers but they didn't want to say anything in the show because people may think it was silly. I prefer to think his power is by examining the brains, but listen to this interview with the writer.

Comment

i don't think he eats 'em coz itd kinda be a silly idea

although the brains are always gone, just an open head

Comment

Originally posted by Nam-Ek2
                              i don't think he eats 'em coz itd kinda be a silly idea

although the brains are always gone, just an open head
                              follow the link and listen to the podcast

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎