No announcement yet.

Lex Luthor is NOT evil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bookwrm17
    Lex may tell himself (and others) that his treatment of the meteor freaks is really for the good of mankind, but we know he has his own personal motives.
    Good of mankind and Lex's personal gains are not mutually exclusive. I dont think Lex believes that he is mother teresa and is doing what he does purely to benefit others. Rather he believes what he is doing benefits him, AND others.
    If Lex didnt have anything to gain, then he couldn't give a rats ass as to what happens to others.

And I dont disagree with that viewpoint.

Comment

^^That is very true. I just watched Hypnotic last night, and in that episode, at first, he offers to help with the condition that Luthorcorp gets unrestricted access to Milton Fine's data. He said "without it, this conversation is over".

It is only when Fine emphasizes the threat that Lex decides to help out (and he still thought it would profit Luthorcorp since it would make & distribute the vaccine).

Comment

"I have O- blood type, making me the universal donor. However, I am not a blood donor. Does this make me a bad person? Its the same analogy that you are using for Clark. I don't consider myself a bad person by the way."

I guess here it's up for interpretation. Is there any particular reason why you aren't a donor?

Did you know that only 5 percent of the eligible 60 percent of Americans donates blood?

So, there are many people dying in the hospitals who need your help. You could be saving lives. Without any reason not to, you could be considered apathetic, if not "bad".

(I'm not trying to offend or judge you, in any way. This is just my response to your question).
        Last edited by MozartRequiem; 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I don't get you people defending Lex. If you were one of his freaks and being experimented on and kept in a cell, like in Hydro or whatever when he's walking between the cells; I think you would have a different opinion, an opinion that would consider Lex evil. You are held there against your will and all you want is your life back. At least in Belle Reve they can have some assemblence of life until they're Ok'd to go back to society. And they can have hope of getting there life back. To Lex, you are just a disposable lab rat.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
            I don't get you people defending Lex. If you were one of his freaks and being experimented on and kept in a cell, like in Hydro or whatever when he's walking between the cells; I think you would have a different opinion, an opinion that would consider Lex evil. You are held there against your will and all you want is your life back. At least in Belle Reve they can have some assemblence of life until they're Ok'd to go back to society. And they can have hope of getting there life back. To Lex, you are just a disposable lab rat.
            There are some people that believe that the end justifies the means.

Comment

Originally posted by wearetheborg
              The US did precisely that when it invaded Iraq, thousands of civilians were killed who arguably would not have been killed under Saddam's rule (perhaps others would have been killed under his rule, but not the same people who died in the Iraq war).
              The Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombing is another example.

My point is, the world IS acting like Lex, and is getting support from the people.

Regarding "Withholding information that can help save countless lives", Clark is gulty of the same thing. His blood has rejuvenating properties, and he hasnt come forward.

If Lex hurt someone I know, I would for certain go after him, but that doesnt mean what Lex did was wrong.
              Take illegal immigration. The immigrants for the most part just want to make a better life for their families, they work hard, and at a lower pay rate than their american counterparts. What they're doing is certainly not unethical from their viewpoint.
              But from the viewpoint of a native citizen, illegal immigration is ...well "illegal".

Regarding Lex sending meteor freaks after the Kents, aliens had just landed a while ago, and they mysteriously disappeared. If this happened in the real world, you're kidding yourself if you think the govts would not do worse things to get more information.

The Lex in "Superman Returns" was evil - he was willing to kill millions of people for pure financial gain. This is not the Lex we're seeing here.
              The Lex in smallville is willing to take a bullet (for Lana), and to volunteer as a guniea pig for experiments (when that gas leaked out).
              First off, Lex is responsible for HE does, not what other people do. Saying "well other people do it so it's OK" That's like saying doing drugs is ok but other people do it.

Second, I suggest you actually watch the episode "Resurrection " Clark's blood would only keep people alive for a short while before they suffer horrible pain and die again. Clark even considered coming forward until he learned this.

I've always lived by "you're responsible for you do and other people are responsible for what they do." call me old fashioned.

Fact is, Lex has murdered, tortured, lied, stolen, and commited countless other horrible atrocities all in the name of a blind justice that he is "protecting" people. When in reality he was really helping himself.

In this very episode he lied to a woman and kept her husband for experiments, and I have a feeling before the seasons end we will see his true motives.

In short, he's evil and there is no possible way for justifying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                There are some people that believe that the end justifies the means.
                Does it justify the means when we are talking about YOU! And who's MEANS!

Lex would never give anything away for free, for humanity!

Originally posted by Shadowknight
                Fact is, Lex has murdered, tortured, lied, stolen, and commited countless other horrible atrocities all in the name of a blind justice that he is "protecting" people. When in reality he was really helping himself.

In this very episode he lied to a woman and kept her husband for experiments, and I have a feeling before the seasons end we will see his true motives.

In short, he's evil and there is no possible way for justifying it.
                Thank you. Good post. I would bet that Lex is responsible for the deaths of at least a dozen people that we've actually seen, not counting the ones we haven't seen.
                Last edited by All about Clark; 05-02-2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All about Clark
                  I don't get you people defending Lex. If you were one of his freaks and being experimented on and kept in a cell, like in Hydro or whatever when he's walking between the cells; I think you would have a different opinion, an opinion that would consider Lex evil.
                  Oh absolutely.
                  What I'm getting at is that "evilness" is in the eye of the beholder.
                  I'm sure most of the middle east considers Bush to be evil, and most of the conservative base considers him to good.

Comment

Lex

Nope he is very evil just like his father.

Comment

Originally posted by wearetheborg
                      Oh absolutely.
                      What I'm getting at is that "evilness" is in the eye of the beholder.
                      I'm sure most of the middle east considers Bush to be evil, and most of the conservative base considers him to good.
                      Evilness is not in the eye of the beholder. Whatever a person is considered to be, whether they are good or evil is still defined by their actions. The line can be fuzzy at times, but in Lex's case, his actions speak loud and clear. He has stolen, committed murder, and conducted experiments on innocent people, all for his own gain. That makes him evil. Whatever "good" may come as a side effect of these actions is ill-begotten and does not justify them.

And I really wish people would stop bringing up Bush and the war in Iraq. As I said before, it has no bearing whatsoever on the subject.

Comment

sadly some of the characters on smallville occasionally are taken out of 'character' by the writers due to ratings, episode structure, and season finale. Meaning the way they act and behave depends on the writers and not what the 'characters really would'. Lex is evil, and It seems very hard for me to believe that he actually cares about others in that grand scale picture. To much vanity, and weird crazy like speeches, and the desire to achieve something which will have his name attached to it forever. Lets not forget the clouds raining blood on his white suit, unless TPTB did.

the writers saw it fit to trap both lex and Clark in a cave to rekindle their friendship, to add to the story, when we all know that Lex and Clark are no longer that type of friends.

Comment

I wish people would stop trying to justify villains.

he's evil, end of story. Do you know where the line is drawn?

Its not as unclear as we say it is/ the moment you start to exploit others and breach the confines of free will, and manipulation your evil.

Lex is evil, misguided--maybe, but it doesn't make him any less evil. He knows what he is doing. He says to combat freaks? (Little Spoiler warning)

Why is he using Wes then, if it is so easy to capture these freaks.

Wes isn't to protect the world, its an experimental super soldier, that will make him contracts with the government
                          Last edited by Mischael12; 05-02-2007, 09:15 PM.

Comment

imo only time I'll know for sure hes become evil is when he has sharks with fricken laser beams attached to there heads

Comment

Originally posted by Ares
                              imo only time I'll know for sure hes become evil is when he has sharks with fricken laser beams attached to there heads
                              Evil AND Classy !

Comment

Lex is one complicated dude, the thing that is so awesome about him is that through his eyes he thinks he is the hero. When he killed the doctor in "Promise", he accidentally killed him and even though it was an accident he was sad about the fact.Clark has killed many people "accidentally" but doesn't really seem upset afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎