Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music from Nemesis

Post about the music from Nemesis after watching the episode.

What was the song that was on Lex's stereo when Lana turned it on and shot the suitcase open? It was some kind of classical music (which is an awesome way to show Lex's tastes are more like his father's now).

Comment

yes that classical music is very good!!
      Anyone know what is the title of the song ?

Comment

I'm not positive but it did sound like a part of "The ride of the valkyries" by Richard Wagner.

Can anyone else verify this?

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Clark
          I'm not positive but it did sound like a part of "The ride of the valkyries" by Richard Wagner.

Can anyone else verify this?
          it's almost the same but it's not i listened the wagner twice...

Comment

Actually, my bad.....

It was Tannhauser Overture by Wagner that I thought was being played at the part in Smallville. Anyone else agree?

Comment

Actually, my bad.....

It was Tannhauser Overture by Wagner that I thought was being played at the part in Smallville. Anyone else agree?
              great it's the overture thank you ...!

Comment

Reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon

Re: the music that Lana plays loudly while she's shooting the locks off of Lex's briefcase:

Did you ever see the Bugs Bunny cartoon, "What's Opera, Doc?" Note: I realize now (that I'm older and have listened to a little Wagner) that the music in that cartoon is actually little bits of Wagner operas; actually, some of the most famous little bits.

Anyway, in the cartooon, Elmer Fudd wants (to the tune of the "Ride of the Valkyries") to "Kill the wabbit....kill the wabbit..."

Bugs responds (in tune, of course): "Oh, mighty warrior, 'twill be quite a task....How will you do it, may I enquire to ask?"

Elmer: "With my spear and magic helmet!"

Bugs: "Magic helmet?!"

Elmer: "Yes, magic hewmet, and I'll give you a sample!" (runs to the top of a peak, makes frightening gestures, calls up winds, typhoons, hurricanes, smog!)

Anyway, where I'm going with this, is that later on in the cartoon, Bugs dresses up as a Brunhilde-type with a breastplate, helmet with horns, and long flowing blonde braids. Then Elmer falls in love (of course) and together Bugs and Elmer sing the excruciatingly funny duet, "Return My Love."

"Return My Love" (whatever Wagner leitmotif it really is) is the music that Lana was playing. I wonder, is there some sort of Freudian double meaning to the writers/producers picking this particular bit of song?

Comment

Re: Reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon

Originally posted by Iolanthe
                  Re: the music that Lana plays loudly while she's shooting the locks off of Lex's briefcase:

Did you ever see the Bugs Bunny cartoon, "What's Opera, Doc?" Note: I realize now (that I'm older and have listened to a little Wagner) that the music in that cartoon is actually little bits of Wagner operas; actually, some of the most famous little bits.

Anyway, in the cartooon, Elmer Fudd wants (to the tune of the "Ride of the Valkyries") to "Kill the wabbit....kill the wabbit..."

Bugs responds (in tune, of course): "Oh, mighty warrior, 'twill be quite a task....How will you do it, may I enquire to ask?"

Elmer: "With my spear and magic helmet!"

Bugs: "Magic helmet?!"

Elmer: "Yes, magic hewmet, and I'll give you a sample!" (runs to the top of a peak, makes frightening gestures, calls up winds, typhoons, hurricanes, smog!)

Anyway, where I'm going with this, is that later on in the cartoon, Bugs dresses up as a Brunhilde-type with a breastplate, helmet with horns, and long flowing blonde braids. Then Elmer falls in love (of course) and together Bugs and Elmer sing the excruciatingly funny duet, "Return My Love."

"Return My Love" (whatever Wagner leitmotif it really is) is the music that Lana was playing. I wonder, is there some sort of Freudian double meaning to the writers/producers picking this particular bit of song?
                  I just youtubed that cartoon and wow, it surely been a while since I seen that one.

But anyways, yes that is the Tannhauser Overture that I referred to in the previous post that includes the "return my love" segment of the cartoon and is played in the Lana scene.

Now for the freudian double meaning...

I have no idea. LOL

Comment

Re: Re: Reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon

I just youtubed that cartoon and wow, it surely been a while since I seen that one.

But anyways, yes that is the Tannhauser Overture that I referred to in the previous post that includes the "return my love" segment of the cartoon and is played in the Lana scene.

Now for the freudian double meaning...

I have no idea. LOL
                    what is the link on the youtube i want to see that clip

Comment

Sometimes a music clip. . . is just a music clip.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon

Originally posted by dawson_hack
                        what is the link on the youtube i want to see that clip
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that.
                          It was indeed the Vorspiel to the Wagner-opera Tannhäuser.
                          Probably the more popular, later revised Paris-version.

Comment

What's a Vorspiel?

Comment

Originally posted by Iolanthe
                              What's a Vorspiel?
                              In German opera, that's how they call the 'ouverture'.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎