No announcement yet.

Plot Hole a Mile Wide

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plot Hole a Mile Wide

Why is Sylar alive? He was unconscious. Mohinder had just tried to kill Sylar just minutes earlier. Mohinder knew what a threat Sylar was. Even with the stress of dealing with a dead Peter (minds out of the gutter), he should have had the wherewithal to off Sylar before running to Peter's mom.

I love this show, but that's one plot hole that you can drive a Deathstar through.
    Last edited by Dalghryn; 04-24-2007, 10:25 AM.

LOL, I was thinking the same exact thing!

Comment

it seems the only way to kill sylar is to destroy him. bullets and poison dont seem to cut it. he`d half to like ,chop his head off. why he didnt, i dont know. i wouldve

Comment

You should remove his brain(s) to teach him a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom222
          it seems the only way to kill sylar is to destroy him. bullets and poison dont seem to cut it. he`d half to like ,chop his head off. why he didnt, i dont know. i wouldve
          He doesn't have Claire's power, so he can't heal. He's been awake every other time he's been shot (or shot at). Unconscious, he's a sitting duck for a point blank to the head...or several. And, Mohinder didn't poison him, he sedated him.

Comment

That was my yelling at the TV point, I said "YEAH, he can off him now!"
            Then when he didn't, I yelled, "What the ?????".

Comment

He couldn't be sure Sylar was unconsious. He's been tricked before and I'm sure he was in no condition to take any risks.

Comment

Stuff like that makes me yell obscenities at my TV.
                I would've SAWED that Mutha' Freakers head off with a dull butter knife if I had to!!!

He wouldn't be comin' after Randy G. again. That's for sure.

Comment

quote:
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally posted by Dalqhryn
                  He doesn't have Claire's power, so he can't heal. He's been awake every other time he's been shot (or shot at). Unconscious, he's a sitting duck for a point blank to the head...or several. And, Mohinder didn't poison him, he sedated him.

if you remember from fallout, when eden tried to shoot him he said, `you know that gun cant hurt me` and when that company scientist guy pumped his body with drugs he said they should have killed him and sylar even clynically died and came back. sylar must have changed his DNA structure so much his body can withstand a lot more than the average one can. and in `one giant leap` he was shot by Matt Parkman several times, but still got back up unharmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Uffr
                    He couldn't be sure Sylar was unconsious. He's been tricked before and I'm sure he was in no condition to take any risks.
                    Oh? But he had time to pick Peter up, throw the body over his shoulder, and stagger out the door? I've lugged unconscious people. He had plenty of time to pop a couple of slugs into Sylar's skull. Which brings me to my next reply....

Originally posted by phantom222
                    quote:
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    if you remember from fallout, when eden tried to shoot him he said, `you know that gun cant hurt me` and when that company scientist guy pumped his body with drugs he said they should have killed him and sylar even clynically died and came back. sylar must have changed his DNA structure so much his body can withstand a lot more than the average one can. and in `one giant leap` he was shot by Matt Parkman several times, but still got back up unharmed.
                    He was *awake* when Eden tried to shoot him. He was *awake* when Parkman shot him. He was in control ofall his powers.

When he was in Primatech, they weren't trying to kill him yet when they pumped chemicals into him. Experiment...maybe, sedate...maybe, kill...not until HRG ordered teh kill, and that's when Sylar offed the tech and laid in wait for Bennet.

Mohinder would have been toast if Sylar hadn't been unconscious. Sorry, Sylar should be dead.
                    Last edited by Dalghryn; 04-24-2007, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I don't think Mohinder was going to 'hang around' and wait for Sylar to possibly wake up. At that point in time he knew that he couldn't handle Sylar alone and needed to get help. He thought Peter was dead - so got him out of there so both of them would be gone when Sylar woke up.

Don't know if Sylar can take powers from a dead person - but why chance it.

Mohinder was using his gut instincts to get the f outta there - most people in a similar situation would have done the same thing. It was a dumbass move in not killing Sylar when he had the chance but given the circumstances I can see why he just bolted.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. We'd already seen last episode how Sylar still had the upper hand when Mohinder thought he'd had Sylar at his mercy. A wise man doesn't tempt fate.

Comment

OK, I can buy all that. Plot hole patched... with cheap putty, but it'll take paint. :-)

Comment

Don't forget that if Mohinder killed Sylar, the show would no longer have a main villain, and therefore at the very minimum the rest of this season would suck (probably next season too).

I'll take the minor plot hole over the alternative any day.

Comment

Also he is under contract, and if they killed him off early they would have to pay big bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎