No announcement yet.

The Strings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Strings

It looks as though Future Hiro has been doing a lot of research into various timelines and results of his forays into the past. All of those string with newspaper clippings attached seem to relate to alternate timelines and where choices were made relating to the bomb. I hope this is explained in some detail next week.

I knew it was some sort of timeline, I just couldn't figure out exactly who could've placed it there. My first thought was Sylar, but it's a good chance that it's Hiro keeping track of alternate possibilities due to already-done experimentation in the timeline.

But, if something like that were to happen, wouldn't time be altered, and the room itself, or the reconstruction of the timeline, not be there, or Isaac could actually still be alive?

Oi, I hate conversations about time travel. Quantum theory and temporal mechanics make my head hurt. >.<

Comment

i dont think it was various timelines i think it was one timeline of the events so if he got them down perfect he can actually change it, i think the only reason he went back in time to peter was because he knew peter was the only person who can stop it

Comment

Maybe the time in which Future Hiro has chosen to keep track of is the central point of time for him, the one event he cant seem to change and the outcome is always the same. Like in Back to the Future, as the Doc explained about how 1955 is where everything they have done revolves around.

Comment

Originally posted by angeloo
          i dont think it was various timelines i think it was one timeline of the events so if he got them down perfect he can actually change it, i think the only reason he went back in time to peter was because he knew peter was the only person who can stop it
          I agree. Hiro is aware of possible problems that could occur with too much time-meddling ("I'm risking a rift just by being here"), so he'd want to make as few trips as possible. If he can backtrack it all to just one event, then he only needs to make one journey (in keeping with the Back to the Future references, I'm reminded of BTTF II, where Doc traced all the problems in Marty's family to the one event of Biff getting Marty Jr in trouble, and so only needed to stop one event).

Comment

If you are interested in the background for the Hiro Future episode you should check out the new graphic novel. It updates us on what's been going on with Future Hiro a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by angeloo
              I also think it was one timeline - because if it were multiple time lines the newspapers wouldn't be able to 'exist' in each other's timelines - they would vanish - right? lol (time to break out the Back to the Future movies lol).

Comment

While we're on the subject, here we go, check this out.

Link to Spoiler Art Thread:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...79#post2996179
                Last edited by last man of krypton; 04-25-2007, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                  I also think it was one timeline - because if it were multiple time lines the newspapers wouldn't be able to 'exist' in each other's timelines - they would vanish - right? lol (time to break out the Back to the Future movies lol).
                  That would of course depend on their time travel rules. But if that were the case, whos to say that the person who made Future Hiros clothes died on another timeline. Then all of a sudden he would be standing there completely naked with nothing but his sword.

Comment

Okay... not a mental image I needed...

Comment

I'm just saying......

Comment

I know, but after thinking how cool Future Hiro looked, the thought of him butt-naked with a sword was eww...

Comment

lol
                          Sorry to ruin your view of Hiro!

Comment

Aren't there better characters to think of naked?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisxs5
                              That would of course depend on their time travel rules. But if that were the case, whos to say that the person who made Future Hiros clothes died on another timeline. Then all of a sudden he would be standing there completely naked with nothing but his sword.
                              yeah funny mental image

But on a second though you're right. Besides, on others shows and movies they always taught us that "future myself" and "present myself" can't be (or shouldn't be) together on the same timeline. So watching the two Hiros was kind of confusing.

Originally posted by shipgrad2002
                              If you are interested in the background for the Hiro Future episode you should check out the new graphic novel. It updates us on what's been going on with Future Hiro a little bit.
                              yeah...it clear up a few things

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎