Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.18 - Hollywood Babylon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was with star actress of the movie that Dean had the hots for? Don't get me wrong, I'd hit it, but there was something off with her. First thing I noticed right off the bat was how masculine her voice was, sounded almost halfway manly at times. Also, I forget which one it was, but one of her eyes had that "lazy eye" look to it. I feel like a jerk for bringing those 2 things up, but just quite noticeable to me.

The in-comedy between the brothers on this show just keeps getting better. When Sam comes to Dean after getting info, first time we see Dean in the "PA mode", and Dean tells him to try the "its like philly cheese steak" stuff, and Dean takes a huge bite, but a piece of meat is hanging out while he's chewing. Sam just kinda stares at him, and finally shakes the image out of his head and reports what he found out. Then the second time Sam comes to the set to report more info (after the studio guy "hung himself") and while Sam was trying to tell Dean what he found out, Dean would react to what was said, but was really talking to someone else in the headset. Funny stuff.

Cheers to whoever identified the Diehard quote. Seemed somewhat vaguely familiar but been a long time since I've watched Diehard.

Another really funny line was at the beginning, when Sam was telling Dean this wasn't a vacation, it was a job.

[not exact quote]
    Sam - "And besides, this weather isn't the kind of stuff vacations are made of. Its practically *Canadian."

(* - Supernatural is shot in, or near, Vancouver, Canada)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing that kinda bugged me, couldn't the brothers have tried to save Walter at the end. It seemed they were grossed out by what was happening to him, but not remorseful at all.

I know, I know... he did bring it upon himself, but if its their "job" to save people, why didn't they make the slightest effort to do anything to keep him from being torn apart?
    Last edited by SVfan26; 04-20-2007, 01:20 AM.

Comment

I liked it when the actress commented that Boogeyman was a "bad script". Boogeyman was a movie by Supernatural creator Eric Kripke!

Also, I think PA means production assistant.

Comment

Someone help me out. I think one of the "actors" from the movie was played by the same guy who played the teacher's son in the Smallville episode "Truth" (the one who tried to kill Chloe after she exposed his mom's secret). I can't find any info from IMDB or TV.com. Anyone know where else I can look?

Comment

he may have been. you can always check the dvds and see the name of guest stars in the credits then compare with the guest stars in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
            Another thing that kinda bugged me, couldn't the brothers have tried to save Walter at the end. It seemed they were grossed out by what was happening to him, but not remorseful at all.
            Walter was a killer. I think some fans have trouble viewing Walter as a killer because his weapons were ghosts rather than a knife or a gun. But that's what he was. A killer without remorse who seemed like he had no intention of stopping. (He even broke the amulet so no one would be able to use it to stop the ghosts from killing Sam, Dean and the writer, not realizing that, if you enslave a supernatural creature, they will turn on you the minute you lose control.) I have no sympathy for Walter.

And this is totally in character for both Dean and Sam.

Sam didn't really do anything to try to save Sue Ann (back in "Faith") when the Reaper went after her. Then again, Sue Ann tried to use the Reaper to kill Dean, and I think that means all bets are off as far as Sam is concerned.

Also, Sam didn't try to stop Deputy Kathleen from offing Pa Bender, even though we know he kinda knew it was going to happen when he walked out of the barn. (Then again, the Benders also tried to kill Dean.)

And Dean had no desire to try to save the people in "Crossroad Blues" because, as far as he was concerned, they'd brought the bad things on themselves by making deals with a demon. And none of them had actually killed anyone like Walter had. The fact that Walter was hurting innocent people (over a movie, no less) made Dean even less likely to care about saving him.

And remember Max? Dean was all for killing Max, who was using his powers to hurt people, and gave every indication he would keep on doing so.

I think that, as far as Dean is concerned, people who kill other people are as evil as the supernatural creatures that kill humans.

Oh, and the ghosts tearing Walter apart with their bare, ghostly hands? The horror fan in me loved it.
            Last edited by Dannyblue1; 04-20-2007, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I think they didn't try to save him i because they knew they couldn't. Sure, they could shoot them, but they'd just come after them then, and then back at Walter. The dude was doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlarkerlover
                I think they didn't try to save him i because they knew they couldn't. Sure, they could shoot them, but they'd just come after them then, and then back at Walter. The dude was doomed.
                That too!

Really, the only way to save Walter would've been to find, salt, and burn the bones of all three ghosts. And one of the ghosts had been cremated, meaning they would've had to find a whole other way to get rid of him (like they did with Molly in "Roadkill"). And, unless they could do all of that in about 30 seconds, Walter (the killer) was kind of out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1

Really, the only way to save Walter would've been to find, salt, and burn the bones of all three ghosts. And one of the ghosts had been cremated, meaning they would've had to find a whole other way to get rid of him (like they did with Molly in "Roadkill"). And, unless they could do all of that in about 30 seconds, Walter (the killer) was kind of out of luck.
                  Didn't they salt and burn the bones of the female ghost?

I thought it was hilarious how Dean got so into the job talking on the headset and even wearing a "Hell Hazzers 2" T-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvilleaddict15
                    I thought it was hilarious how Dean got so into the job talking on the headset and even wearing a "Hell Hazzers 2" T-shirt.
                    I want a Hell Hazers 2 t-shirt.

Also, four people died nasty deaths on that soundstage. Sam and Dean salted and burned the bones of the first one we saw (the starlet who killed herself), that's why there were only three ghosts at the end.

Comment

three very pissed off ghosts at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by j_sundude
                        Hell Hazers II looks a whole lot like Evil Dead.

1. cabin in the woods
                        2. porch swing banging back and forth
                        3. incantations summoning evil
                        4. stuffed dear head on the wall
                        5. The girl even yelled for someone named Ashley at the
                        beginning. Ashley= Ashley J. Williams (aka Ash).
                        Loved that movie - but I loved Army of Darkness more.....so good. lol.....and you're right - very similar indeed.

Originally posted by Chlark Kent
                        The way they seemlessly bounce between comedy, drama, and horror-it's Whedonesque.

You're my hero. I've been trying to remember what that's from for the past half hour.
                        No problem lol - I knew it right off - Love Diehard - I burst out laughing - Dean even said it like Willis.

I wish that Smallville would do a bit more comedy now and again. I like that Supernatural bounces back and forth - and the banter that the brothers have (even in the serious episodes) is just awesome.

Originally posted by Super Skunk
                        I liked it when the actress commented that Boogeyman was a "bad script". Boogeyman was a movie by Supernatural creator Eric Kripke!

Also, I think PA means production assistant.
                        You're right PA means production assistant. LOL @ the Boogeyman ref.
                        Last edited by Ginx; 04-20-2007, 03:29 PM.

Comment

they may give boogeyman a hard time in this episode but hey boogeyman was pretty much the start of the supernatural storyline. just replace that 7th heaven dude with sam and dean and you pretty much have an episode of supernatural lol. but its always nice when seeing them making fun of there previous stuff on the show. its what made this episode so funny.

Comment

haha yeah i caught the canadian thing, i laughed at that. and i was hysterical at the GG reference. and the boogeyman script, i laughed at that too, but my mom was watching it with me and i had to explain to her why i was laughing. it sucks to watch it with non-spn-experienced people lol. always have to explain everything. and as soon as i saw that trailer rocking at the end, i said out loud "i SO saw that coming." lol.

but overall, i thought the episode wasnt as funny as hell house or tall tales. sure, there were a couple of hilarious parts, but i didnt find myself laughing as much. and i was getting annoyed at sam for some reason lol. he NEVER wants to have fun, hes such a kill-joy. i know he has his whole evil thing to do with, but they were on vacation !!! lol
                            Last edited by i love u tom; 04-20-2007, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i love u tom
                              haha yeah i caught the canadian thing, i laughed at that. and i was hysterical at the GG reference. and the boogeyman script, i laughed at that too, but my mom was watching it with me and i had to explain to her why i was laughing. it sucks to watch it with non-spn-experienced people lol. always have to explain everything. and as soon as i saw that trailer rocking at the end, i said out loud "i SO saw that coming." lol.
                              That goes for anyone who doesn't regularly watch a show with you though - I mean I stopped watching Lost with my friends because they'd miss an episode and they'd be asking me questions while it was on - arrghhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Chloe>All
                                Someone help me out. I think one of the "actors" from the movie was played by the same guy who played the teacher's son in the Smallville episode "Truth" (the one who tried to kill Chloe after she exposed his mom's secret). I can't find any info from IMDB or TV.com. Anyone know where else I can look?
                                I don't know where else to look, but I think there was another Smallville alum too. Wasn't the stage hand who supposedly died, but really didn't, the shady former doctor Lex calls to the mansion to take care of Kyle Tippet in Hug?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎