No announcement yet.

Phantom Zoners (merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

unsure

but if you like back to the first epis there were only 7 lights in the sky including clark so were are there getting all these zoner's

Comment

It wouldn't be so hard to capture these people back on Krypton. Nobody had any special powers there due to the red sun...

Comment

Originally posted by DarthJay
        It wouldn't be so hard to capture these people back on Krypton. Nobody had any special powers there due to the red sun...
        well, no Kryptonians had special powers on Krypton. I'm not sold that any of these escaped Zoners are Kryptonian - they were just brought to justice by Krptonians and sent to the zone. There's no telling if any of those beings caught had these powers to start with - I'm thinking they did and that's why they ended up in the 'zone.
        Last edited by Ginx; 03-23-2007, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I don't buy that, and I thought about mentioning that earlier in my post. Only kryptonians absorb the rays of the yellow sun to convert to energy. Most of these beings are obviously not krypton with exception of plant girl and it's hard to say whether or not she was a true native herself.

Comment

It's purely speculation if you ask me.

We know that Jor-El created the Phantom Zone, and we know it was a prison. Until Smallville, the only people we knew of that were in there were 3 Kryptonians (unless I'm missing something in the comics...I don't really follow them) - Zod and his minions from Superman II. We are led to believe there that The Phantom Zone is a Kryptonian prison.

However, in Smallville a couple of meteor freaks (like the bone sucking dude) have made durogatory comments about Kryptonians...so it's fair to say that they were not Kryptonians themselves.

However, I think the technology thing is the way to go. We know that Kryptonians put the knowledge of multiple worlds into their master database and we know they were advanced enough to build Brainiac (that one worked out well for them). So why not assume they had the technology to capture and banish super-baddies to the Phantom Zone?

Comment

First, the zone is full of alein criminals. only a few of them are from krypton. "the bone sucking dude" was not a meteor freak he was from the zone. The technology on krypton was 100 times greater than ours. so it is easy to see how they would have captured all of these strong criminals.

Comment

Re: More Zoners?

Originally posted by Routh
                Clark was accurate in thinking Titan was the last Zoner, since he was the seventh one (Clark, Gloria, Baern, Raya, Aldar, Hudson, Titan).

But now it seems, at least canonically, that there are more. Titan landed in Omaha, though, so that still leaves the India one or the Argentina one.

Sigh. Confuuuuuusing.
                You hit the nail on the head, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw Clark looking at the crater pics and talking about how he "thought" Titan was the last Zoner. It really wouldn't be too much trouble for him to just head to the Fortress and consult with Jor-El. We presumably only got 7 landings in "Zod", with Bizarro-Clark saved for the finale (maybe some of the criminals in the Phantom Zone make him from Clark's blood he shed while there, only to be killed by the Bizarro version when they try to get him to free them as he goes to Earth). It's about damn time Clark keep his word and fulfill that destiny, if not, I'm gonna have the urge to scream "Liar!" at him very Anakin-like.

Comment

Clark thinks the Fortress is dead - why would he go back to it?

Comment

they always confuse me wit da plots but i think i kno where its going. clark doesnt kno about the other zoners yet. why hes jus now finding out, who knows. TPTB probably changed it to make the season a little longer. they always do that. i personally think it would be better for clark to go back to jor-el and finish the training. he'd be so much more bad ass once he fully knows of his origin, destiny, powers, etc. but the show seems to delay this part of CKs quest instead giving us a bunch of lazy plot lines involving clark pining over lana. we rarely get an ep like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthJay
                      Clark thinks the Fortress is dead - why would he go back to it?
                      Weren't you paying attention in "Fallout"? Raya told him that if he uses the power Baern absorbed from Brainiac's black ship hard-drive, he'd be able to restore the Fortress back to its fabulous majesty. It's implied Clark does that when we see the Fortress light back up. The only reason Clark's not gone there to continue his training is because of the Zoners' threat. Now that he's covered all escapees that he (as well as us, the viewers) saw escape, I think it's about time he heads north for 3 months - 12 years of destined tutelage.

Comment

If Clark continues his training now and becomes superman, the show would have to end because it only covers clark's life before the superman period. So that's why there are sudenly new zoners that will keep him from returning to the fortress. They can always add more zoners

Comment

Originally posted by SSJConan
                          Weren't you paying attention in "Fallout"? Raya told him that if he uses the power Baern absorbed from Brainiac's black ship hard-drive, he'd be able to restore the Fortress back to its fabulous majesty. It's implied Clark does that when we see the Fortress light back up. The only reason Clark's not gone there to continue his training is because of the Zoners' threat. Now that he's covered all escapees that he (as well as us, the viewers) saw escape, I think it's about time he heads north for 3 months - 12 years of destined tutelage.
                          Well I agree that Clark should start his training - he can't just jump and do that - because like auctionmonster said - the show would be over. Unless they intend to morph it to another show - which I think will be wise - It's not like the first Superman movie - Clark just can't go and then come back as Superman - there's got to be more drama and fighting - it's tv not the movies - week to week not moment to moment like a movie.

I mean - the show continues week to week - it just doesn't end after 2 hours or so. They need to build and build and have mini-milestones to build some more........

Comment

We've seen Clark wear glasses, meet everyone he'll work with at the Daily Planet (Perry, Lois, Jimmy, and Maggie Swayer if you wanna count her), have his first kiss with Lois (along with soaring the Metropolis skyline), rip his shirt in a phone booth to reveal a red S crest, face almost all his future enemies (Morgan Edge, Myxzpitlik, pure-evil Lex, Brainiac, Zod, upcoming Bizarro), meet many future members of the Justice League (along with teaming up with them), and fly. We even had a brief glimpse of the red cape in "Hereafter" thanks to Jordan Cross's glimpse of Superman's "end", as well as many peeks/homages to future President Lex. It's funny, I've enjoyed all this Smallville is doing, yet the show seems to be trying to milk in every single Superman mytho element it can without actually putting Clark in the suit. Also kinda irks me.
                            Last edited by SSJConan; 03-23-2007, 02:39 PM.

Comment

A lot was left unresolved with the escaped Zoners. Looking at this episode, there were (at least) three additional craters in Texas, Ecuador and Chile. However, only one more Zoner appeared (Bizarro, who was well-established to have landed in Argentina).

Looking at the actual escape, there were (at least) six corporeal Zoners who escaped, not including Raya. However, only three (Gloria, Aldar (Dave Bautista) and Titan) appeared on Earth. Aethyr clearly escapes (as no one is left behind, as we're shown with a shot establishing everyone present at the gateway having been pulled out), yet she never showed up again.

When Clark escapes, seven lights fall to the Earth. However, eight beings escaped: Clark, Raya, Gloria, Baern, Aldar, Dr. Hudson, Titan and Bizarro. So, we can't look to the lights for the number of escapees.

This leaves us with a minimum of three missing (corporeal) escapees (among them Aethyr).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎