Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionel Questions (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Lionel know that Lana knew Clark's secret?

How did Lionel know that Lana finally knew Clark's secret. I mean, that was rather presumptuous on Lionel's part. "Oh, you don't want to marry my son, you must know Clark's secret." Does wanting to bail on your wedding day equate knowing a secret? Couldn't she be writing her dear John letter because she'd had second thoughts? Geez. I think that was a big jump and Lana could have denied knowing anything by simply saying "what secret?" She didn't have to give in. She did the same thing on Reckoning I believe. Doesn't anyone know how to bluff on this show? In Reckoning during the first half when Lana goes to see Lex after the election, he looks at her engagement ring and once again a Luthor assumes that Lana knows Clark's secret and Lana doesn't deny it. Are the Luthor's mind readers now? I mean, come on.

Comment

• Lana's not the brightest bulb and doesn't play poker like the Luthors so I guess she must have a lousy poker face.

Comment

• Yeah, but for Lionel to automatically assume that she knew the secret - I think the writers were reaching with that scene. And then the bit about Lionel observing Lana for some time & watching her as she started to figure out Clark's secret. I think they just threw that into this episode, too because from what I've watched, Lionel has been no where around & I can't imagine him being terribly interested in Lana and what she's up to, any more than I can imagine him carrying if she married Lex or if she didn't marry him. Where's this paternal love coming from all of a sudden? Wasn't he encouraging Clark to kill Lex in that Zod episode. Thought Lionel supposedly cared about Clark and Martha. Character assassination all the way...No continuity.

Comment

• Everyone knows that Clark and Lana are not together because of secrets and lies, haha and turned to Lex, so in order for her to turn away from Lex it would have to be either the secret or she found out something about Lex. Lionel had to assume the first one because of what Lana said to him.

I think Lionel has been watching everyone very closely because he doesn't seem to have an agenda of his own.

I also think Lionel's changing back to being bad now that Jor-el's influence is gone.

Comment

• I guess that they made Lionel randomly mention Clark's secret just so they could move the plot forward, otherwise it would have been hard to ever bring it up.

Comment

• I agree, that was very risky.
              What if she hadn't known? Then she would know that Clark had such a big secret that Lionel would assume she would leave Lex for it.

Maybe Lionel wanted Lana to know (if she already hadn't) that Clark had a secret? I'm not sure why though.
              Maybe he was listening through the door.

Lana should have played dumb.

Comment

• I guess you're right. It just makes for sloppy writing, I think. Next thing you know, Lionel will take one look at Chloe and figure out in a flash that she, too, knows Clark's secret and that she must have found out from Alicia. Lionel's gift from the meteor shower = mind reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by clois_lover10
                  I guess that they made Lionel randomly mention Clark's secret just so they could move the plot forward, otherwise it would have been hard to ever bring it up.
                  Yep. Because it was expedient for the writers.

Comment

• If you listen to what Lionel said leading up to "You know Clark's secret" clearly he was almost certain that she knew. He said the following "I've been watching you since you started seeing my son, and you've been getting closer and closer to finding out the shocking truth about Clark Kent". It was classic MB gambling and intimidation.

Comment

• I guess this puts the "Lana will be the best keeper of Clark's secret" theory to rest...

Comment

• I think Lionel is good but he prevented Lana from marrying Clark blah blah not for his son but because he wants Clark to fulfill his destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
                          If you listen to what Lionel said leading up to "You know Clark's secret" clearly he was almost certain that she knew. He said the following "I've been watching you since you started seeing my son, and you've been getting closer and closer to finding out the shocking truth about Clark Kent". It was classic MB gambling and intimidation.
                          For all we know, Lionel might have been bluffing over the entire episode.

And Lana was stupid enough to believe him.
                          It was Reckoning all over again, IMO.

Comment

• And Lana is supposed to gamble Clark's life on the fact that Lionel Luthor who 3 years ago tried to murder her best friend is bluffing? She probably should have gone to Clark and told him, but Clark shoulda done that with Lana 5 years ago. it's the nature of the beast.

i see no resemblance at all with reckoning. nobody got married in Reckoning, Lex didn't kill anybody in Reckoning for real and Lana didn't remember Clark's secret in Reckoning.

and there was no Shelby in Reckoning

Comment

• i think everyone who thinks this has something to do with jor-el forcing his will on lionel is way off. jor-el would hardly worry about covering up anything for lex like killing the doctor and he certainly wouldn't back hand him in disgust.

yup this is %100 Lionel rocking the show and playing all his cards, nothing to do with jor-el just Lionel showing he basically owns everyone.

Comment

• ^^^^ what i wanna see is a Lionel-Martha showdown before the end of the season after Martha somehow finds out Lionel threatened to kill her son.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎