No announcement yet.

lana lang,why so hated?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze88

Overall it just boils down to the fact that these problems are necessary because the writers or AlMiles just want her to be a main character on the show, when really she shouldn't be. The show is about Clark and Lex and every other character on the show is only important because of their relationship with either of them or both. Each character plays different roles and significance with Clark or Lex. The problem is lana's only role in the show is Clark's love interest and because they want to make her an important character on the show they have never allowed this love to happen without secrets and lies because then Lana would just move into some "wife sitting at home" role since she has no other importance. Thats why we have this back and forth Clana so that Lana seems to play an important role on the show this way. The writers are just trying to force her into the story too much because really she is not an important character and the show becomes backwards many times with the 2 main characters revolving around this unimportant supporting character. The key to "fixing" the show and its Clana problems is for lana to move into the role she should be in, which is either off the show all together or with clark (as a friend or love interest doesn't matter either way).

Anyways thats my whole long drawn out analysis thank you if you read this far lol.
    Blaze88, I like your take. Despite the fact that she's one of the big 3, Lana exists only to add a tragic component to Clark's destiny. That he will never be with her no matter how much he wants to.
    Her own story arcs are weird and do nothing to make viewers identify with her. Her character is needy and rather humorless. Even Lex is funnier.

The problem with Clana, as I see it, is that it keeps resurfacing and it makes Clark, the hero of the show, into a pathetic wuss. At this late stage, he's already transitioning into being Superman, but he keeps being dragged down by Clana. Being held back is ok. It creates dynamic tension for the story. But, being dragged down again by Clana, people will go "Hey, haven't we seen this before? Boring!!!!"

Comment

She is annoying. She always want the truth, honest, but she dating with lex. Everyone know that lex is liar, but in here, she is blind for all lies he told her. Silence is better than lies. She avenge on Clark for dishonest or she is just that stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by 98chase
        Damn those whores who have only slept with one guy, and the guy happens to be their husband. What has the world come to?!!?!???!
        she did sleep with clark too... he's not her husband. while i don't like lana particularly, i don't think she's a 'slut' either.

Comment

Ahh, I forgot about that. Where was my mind?

Comment

I don´t hate her ........ KK perfomance has been outstanding .......what the writers do with her character is the reason why people don´t like her ......but personally don´t feel that way.
            Last edited by RedKRules; 03-30-2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilder
              She is annoying. She always want the truth, honest, but she dating with lex. Everyone know that lex is liar, but in here, she is blind for all lies he told her. Silence is better than lies. She avenge on Clark for dishonest or she is just that stupid?
              She hasn't been annoying these Episodes, Lex was honest with her about everything kinda... She thought Lex was honest with her.... He even swore on his unborn baby child... She is stupid for being with Lex, Lex knew what she wanted an honest relationship, So he gave her that and it was a good time to do it when she is heart broken, when your heart broken you don't think properly
              Lana will change

Comment

of course she will change. She couldn't be worse. So I hope she will be better

Comment

She will be... Like chloe but it took longer for Lana to get better, but she is getting less annoying you gotta agree with me with that..

Comment

This is gonna be hard for me, but i dont say i couldn't try

Comment

Originally posted by Bonita_LovesSuperman
                      She will be... Like chloe but it took longer for Lana to get better, but she is getting less annoying you gotta agree with me with that..
                      I agree. She is getting less annoying, but the truth is she couldn't get more annoying in some point. But after Freak, Promise and even Combat I'm starting to love her again. I will forgot Trespass for her sake.

Comment

Trespass was okay just like the clana bits, but it was just another stalker story... I didn't like her when she was biatch, Gosh she was so evil. then she had a change of heart... Well like always say, we have to watch and wait.. Now she knows the secret she won't be annoying.

Comment

i'm very impressed about how insightful you all are about lana lang's character, and i had a lot of fun reading you all

i happen not to have judged her character when the show first came out , and i am re wathcing now videos on the web ( and improving my english at the same time) and as i re-call all along what i see from this character, i kind of agree mostly , she has flaws, she's needy , UNGRATEFUL like hell(having her life saved many times is not enough for her ), immature because of the loss of her parents and she tries to replace them and the guys she chooses to date has to be more than perfect to fill such an emptiness, (and lot of boys would enjoy to do so) , without being able to reach herself that level of perfection that she expects from pretty much everyone and mostly from her boyfriend which is such a pressure for a young man , and yeah her own level of perfection is just about her pretty face, and yeah maybe she has no importance at all except about being the first love , but everyone remember the first love right ?

i understand the point of view that no one likes to be lied,(specially when it has bad consequences), but a secret is not exactly a lie, everyone has the right to keep a secret garden for the same reason humanity wears clothes and don't go naked , super hero or not, i would say even in relationship, because when there is true love , there should be a respect that the beloved one would want to keep a part for itself and it doesnt matter at all, but that seems so painful for lana , and that is the problem , i get that she wants the guy she loves to tell her EVERYTHING (what a big word) she wants an inseparable relationship and this is a lot to ask, and its a big responsability for a young guy to carry , that's why she married lex, she just wanted someone absolutely for this reason , and like if she didnt care who stands by her as long as there's someone beside

all the negative reaction and negative assumptions and conclusion at every turn of the road as you said , untrustful like that is scary psychotic

i see her as an archetype of "the young girl" : which means she's incomplete and can't even exist without a man beside her, (lot of women feel that way without a man) and she let the personality of the guy she chooses to define who she's gonna become, we can see she turns into lex , embracing all his darkness just to throw it back to him , judging him very badly but its ok for her to become like him , its funny , i don't find that awful that lex cloned her, its creepy i get it, but he fears death more than anything, even if its not clearly said , lex is not the best to communicate feelings, i'm sure he just wanted to be able to transplant organs whenever she would need , but she jumped into the worst perved conclusion like always, and such point of view , always seeing the worst in anything, can only prevents her from seeing where is the best of every person weither its lex or clark

when she knew the secret, she showed that she was understanding and all and all , but that was too late , already married and divorced just to get there , that's too easy to say ""oh i understand you protected me ...." from the moment that she knows the secret. She should have been trustful from the begining without knowing it ,its called faith ! that faith coming with a true love ! but a love made out of need is just hunger where any food can fit in

when she got out of the kidnaping and got trained to become strong and so on , was the period i liked the most about her, and its where i saw more than usual how much her state of little needy powerless girl has also been maintained by clark itself , if it was his choice, she would remain always little needy powerless girl, and that's one of the flaws of clark, (i don't think he's perfect at all, actually i think he's dumb,full of fears,and an attitude of superiority know it all that would prevent any bad person from improvement, and that makes others characters more useful lol) but he changed in the last season , good for him
                          Last edited by tugleyia; 02-23-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I don't think that there was one universal reason why people hated her.

Let's take the more recent Laurel hatred from some fans of Arrow. A lot of the hatred came from Olicity fans. Their hatred wasn't about Laurel as a character, it was the fact that they want Oliver and Felicity together, while the source material states that Oliver and Laurel gets together (not Oliver and Felicity). I could see the same having applied to Smallville. Not all the hatred, but an X amount of it might have come from Chlark fans, who wanted Clark to be with Chloe instead of Lana.

Of course, one can't blame all the Lana hate on butthurt Chlark fans. At the end of the day, there were plenty of people who hated her, because of how she was written and her personality.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎