Collapse
No announcement yet.

lana lang,why so hated?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually Young Love clark is in his twenties and yes Clana is still on then Clois...

smallville= Clana
    Superman returns= Clois

Comment

Well because she has become such a drama queen in the past 2 seasons.....she shouldn't be with Clark...Chloe should! CHLARK FOREVER!

Comment

because even in the earlier seasons, she was so quick to forget about all the good people do specifically FOR HER, and use her most negative assumptions. she also tries to pit people against each other when no choice is really necessary. a good example from earlier seasons is "hug" where the FOTW convinced whitney to do stuff. she immediately jumps to the worst about clark, and acts like there could be no possible solution as to how clark was right, whitney was still a decent guy, and kyle tippet isn't a wierdo. sure enough all three of those conditions were met.

lana is overly negative, and because of the writers, she picks really odd times to see the world in black and white.

Comment

I don't really hate lana, but she definitely gets annoying at times though. I think you have to really look at the design and writing of the show. Every story has to have problems/conflicts and that conflict being FOTW or some lex scheme all the time I suppose isn't as interesting and thats why the writers don't only use those 2. The lana/clark problems basically have to be the fault of lana most of the time because well superman is perfect, and yea this is clark before he's superman, but he's not that far off and for the most part is always a good guy. That means lana has to be the one making the mistakes for these problems to happen (most stem from her lack of trust in Clark and insecurity).

That being said, the writers still do go about it the wrong way. I think the main problem people have is that lana soo rarely, if ever because i can't recall really, takes responsibility for her mistakes. She needs more of those "i'm sorry i blew it" moments or lines with the characters that she has been a biatch to. I don't think the viewers can be happy when they constantly see Clark taking the blame and looking all pathetic with countless situations when he wasn't really at fault. Continuity is also a problem since she seems to forget all the times Clark has saved her or helped her and all sorts of stuff that happens in the past always just disappears.

Her actions aren't that completely illogical though. We do have to look at it from her point of view as someone already said. I mean she has Clark who clearly "loves" her and she "loves" him and things seem to be going well at times. Then as soon as things are looking good something happens like Clark goes on red K or she sees him in some out of context event that makes him look like he has been lying to her or betrayed her or whatever. We have the benefit of understanding the situation, but she doesn't. Someone definitely would be upset and be a bit *****y if this person that they love and who loves them somehow always seems to be doing these things to betray them. Sure people say she should just leave him then, but the thing is on many other occasions she sees Clark for how great he really is and this kind of counteracts the bad and the cycle then continues. Given this you can't really blame her that much for wanting to know Clarks secret so they can be together with no secrets and lies between them. Espescially since she doesn't expect this secret to be something as major as being a meteor freak or alien as in recent episodes (where she hasn't been as bad to Clark). A lot of the problems stem from her own stupidity though and theres no doubt about the fact that Lana is pretty dumb.

Overall it just boils down to the fact that these problems are necessary because the writers or AlMiles just want her to be a main character on the show, when really she shouldn't be. The show is about Clark and Lex and every other character on the show is only important because of their relationship with either of them or both. Each character plays different roles and significance with Clark or Lex. The problem is lana's only role in the show is Clark's love interest and because they want to make her an important character on the show they have never allowed this love to happen without secrets and lies because then Lana would just move into some "wife sitting at home" role since she has no other importance. Thats why we have this back and forth Clana so that Lana seems to play an important role on the show this way. The writers are just trying to force her into the story too much because really she is not an important character and the show becomes backwards many times with the 2 main characters revolving around this unimportant supporting character. The key to "fixing" the show and its Clana problems is for lana to move into the role she should be in, which is either off the show all together or with clark (as a friend or love interest doesn't matter either way).

Anyways thats my whole long drawn out analysis thank you if you read this far lol.
          Last edited by blaze88; 03-28-2007, 08:54 AM.

Comment

did anyone remember what CHLOE did to clark, Hey
            but when she found out clark's secret she went better..

Now Lana know's the secret, she might just turn into a better character aswell...

now you have to agree with me here

and Blaze you reply was preety long, read most of it and i agree with some of it

Comment

chloe turned better waaaaay before she knew the secret. if you watch most of the old eps, she was mostly only bad while feeling either jealous of lana or scorned by clark.

but i'm not the biggest lana hater around anyway. i thought that lana's character took great strides forward, from about mid season on. she took a big step back in promise though. i blame the writers for their inconsistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Insight
                I have been reading a lot of Lana bashing threads lately, and here is my answer to all of them..... Try looking at Lana from her point of view without using the knowledge we the viewer have. From the beginning of the show, all the people that have cared about her have left or been taken away (except Clark and Chloe). Whitney died, her parents died, Nell left. the only people left are Clark and Chloe, who she knows are lying to her face quite often. Not to mention the fact that she has been kidnapped and stalked who knows how many times. How would you react to all of that?
                I understand the psychology behind the character, but I still just don't like her. I understand why she's needy, but her neediness still gets on my nerves, and I don't want her to be with clark. If he did go with lana all he'd ever get done is deal with her, and the rest of the world would be crap out of luck. That said, I do feel for her, and want her to have a good life with someone that loves her. That's why I like it in the comics where Lana and Pete end up together. To bad it didn't last.

Originally posted by Insight

As far as character progression goes, her's is the only character (of the big three) who has no set destination. We all KNOW Lex will turn out evil. We all KNOW Clark becomes Supes. The only thing we KNOW about Lana is that her and Clark will not be together but will be friends. I think this frustrates a lot of people.

How can someone be upset about a character progressing when we don't know where that character is supposed to be progressing to.
                Actually we do know where her character goes. According to the latest comics, she ends up with Pete Ross, has a kid, her and Pete break up, she knows clarks secret, and she ends up running Lex's company because he has to go underground.

Originally posted by CLanaF23

o yea clark and lana relationship is not immature it aint just "first love" thing..its REAL adult love now..and she not needy...people need to get over it............
                If it was an adult, mature love, they could be honest with each other, and trust each other like lois and clark now do in the comics. I don't think either one of them is ready for the true responsibility of that type of relationship at this point in their lives.
                Lana will always have to be the first priority in someones life. That just can't happen when your with the man that responsible for taking care of an entire planet full of people. It's just not going to work out.
                Last edited by Kal26; 03-28-2007, 05:41 PM.

Comment

It took me a really long time to realise why I hate Lana. I always blamed it on the fact that everyone worshipped her for no apparent reason, that she jumped around from boyfriend to boyfriend without a second thought, how the producers seemed to love her more than anyone else, etc. I know that these things contribute to why I don't like Lana, but the real reason I hate her is because she's such a flat character. The writers have never given her any real flaws. She's also very inconsistant (KK said this herself in an interview for Partition). All the other characters have major flaws just like real people; it's what makes them human. Clark can't embrace who he is and constantly tries to hide from it. Chloe's journalistic tendencies go overboard and she gets in over her head, and occassionally she lets her emotions get the best of her (the deal with Lionel in S3). Lex obviously has a dark side that we've seen progress since S1. What's Lana's major flaw? Exactly. We can say she's needy, yes, she's barely gone more than two episodes without a boyfriend, but nothing is pointed out to us. The fact that she doesn't seem real or believable is the main thing that makes me hate her.

Comment

I kind of think her abandonment issues are her flaw. If it weren't for that she wouldn't be so needy, and would be able to trust more. She also wouldn't have to be the center of attention all the time. I know it's not her fault that her parents died, but that's just the way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal26
                      I kind of think her abandonment issues are her flaw. If it weren't for that she wouldn't be so needy, and would be able to trust more. She also wouldn't have to be the center of attention all the time. I know it's not her fault that her parents died, but that's just the way I see it.
                      Maybe so, but no one's ever called her on it. No one's ever said "Lana needs to realise that she doesn't have to have a boyfriend to be happy", or "She should get over the fact that her parents died when she was three, it's not her fault, and there's nothing she can do about it". No, everyone just idolises her or says how brave she is for putting up with everything, but all we see is constant complaining, but it doesn't bother anyone on the show.

Comment

I've seen all the old episodes, I've got them all.. Chloes was bad in season 2, She was ok in S3, S4 she got kinda better, but when she found out the secret she went better, that's what Lana's is going to be like... Like i always say we have to watch and wait

by the way Clana is still On and so is Chimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Kal26
                          I understand the psychology behind the character, but I still just don't like her. I understand why she's needy, but her neediness still gets on my nerves, and I don't want her to be with clark.
                          Thank you for saying that. I know it will not mean anything to you, but your posts will hold more weight with me now. It's good to know that some people truly look at the character and then decide that they still dislike her. It irritates me when people "blindly" start downgrading someone.

Comment

She's just a big Jerk i mean after seeing how far clark will go to be with her and she just leaves him like nothing and still stays with lex after god all knows what he's done then she deserves all this in my opinion she's a whore thats being passed around to everyone i think shelby might be next

Comment

Well yeah, she did stay with Lex, but Lionel threatened to kill Clark if she didn't, so you can't really blame her for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dpyro
                                She's just a big Jerk i mean after seeing how far clark will go to be with her and she just leaves him like nothing and still stays with lex after god all knows what he's done then she deserves all this in my opinion she's a whore thats being passed around to everyone i think shelby might be next
                                I'm not saying that it was just, but she continued with her marriage because she believed that Lionel was going to KILL Clark. She didn't just "leave him." As far as her being passed around, I whole heartily believe that you are wrong. However, I suppose every person has their own definition of "slutty."

Damn those whores who have only slept with one guy, and the guy happens to be their husband. What has the world come to?!!?!???!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎