Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars Cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

E!'s Kristin has started her Save One Show Campaign. Veronica Mars is on the list.

Get the latest news on celebrity scandals, engagements, and divorces! Check out our breaking stories on Hollywood's hottest stars!

No need to log in. You just need to take five minutes to vote.

Save Veronica Mars.

Comment

NOOOOOO!!! I hope it isnt cancelled

taking place in the future? thats interesting

Comment

This means, we gotta jack up the ratings and send in all the postcards we can. Weve got less than two months, and Im really not fond of the fast-forward.

Comment

Can the admin of the news page for Neptunesite (http://www.neptunesite.com/news.htm) please get Kristin's "Save One Show" voting link (http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_pa...sp?pollID=6084) and Ausiello's "Gilmore Girls or Veronica Mars" voting link (http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Co.../Ausiello.aspx) up on the news page?

Particularly the Kristin link, as she indicates E! will make a modest committment to help promote the show and thereby actualy help it survive.

If you are the type that likes to vote more than once...and trust me, the devotees of certain other shows are already doing so.....you need only clear your cookies on your browser to allow you to vote again

Comment

I know. The VM people here are not active.

Comment

KHAAAAAANNNNN!!!

FRACK!

BLOODY HELL!

NOOOOO!

Oh, man, now I have my angry tears. This can't happen. For one thing, I only watch two shows on TV, Smallville (that was a shocker) and my darling VM. For another... this like... no, it can't end now.

Oh, afterthought; I watch Battlestar, too... right. But still.

Anyway, in the words of, well, someone I'm sure, "Oh, shizzle."

Comment

Im not so sure a reinterpretation every year is good for a show to keep consistant viewers, characters and plotlines. Thus it may not bode well for the ratings.

I mean, a reboot in s3 was cool cuz it was needed, as shes in college now, but again? the very next year?

Comment

I think it might be best to just let the show end rather than give us Veronica Mars: FBI. So, no, I'm not really supporting any "Save VM" campaigns this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Jackson
                    ... as Kristin indicates E! will make a modest committment to help promote the show and thereby actualy help it survive.

From Kristin's E online site

The results are in from our seventh annual Save One Show campaign, where you, the fans, vote for the one endangered TV series you want to save from extinction.

And the good news is—thanks to a never-before-seen SOS twist—you Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars (and even Friday Night Lights) fans all have a reason to celebrate.

First, I have to tell you that we had a record-breaking 6 million votes this year, which is downright astounding. But not as astounding as the way in which those votes came in over the course of the two-week voting period.

Here's the play-by-play: For the first few days of SOS voting, CW fan favorites Veronica Mars and One Tree Hill were neck and neck, switching off between first and second place. Then, Veronica pulled ahead, steadily climbing and reaching nearly 40 percent of the votes, making it the clear winner for the next week and a half.

Then suddenly, in the last 24 hours of voting, you Gilmore fans must have put the pedal to the metal and rallied in all the right places, because the Girls pulled out of third place to come out on top—right before the Save One Show poll closed on Friday at midnight.

That said, thanks to these extraordinary voting circumstances, we’re going to do something we’ve never done before: give SOS love to two shows—both the winner, the CW's Gilmore Girls, and the very close runner-up, the CW's Veronica Mars.

As promised, I will be sending support letters to the powers that be at the C-Dub along with personal messages from you fans (feel free to post them in the comments section below).

Here are the official results (according to number of votes received) of the Save One Show poll:

1. Gilmore Girls: 2.2 million
                    2. Veronica Mars: 1.9 million
                    3. One Tree Hill: 950,802
                    4. Supernatural: 413,014
                    5. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: 120,312
                    6. Crossing Jordan: 30,552
                    7. Friday Night Lights: 23,195 (six more scripts have been ordered)
                    8. How I Met Your Mother: 21,761
                    9. What About Brian: 14,003
                    10. Jericho: 13,328
                    11. The Class: 13,238
                    12. Medium: 11,811(six more scripts have been ordered)
                    13. Scrubs: 9,248
                    14. 30 Rock: 5,189 votes (already picked up by NBC)
                    15. Close to Home: 2,433
                    16. Six Degrees: 1,711
                    17. The Nine: 1,126

Veronica Mars executive producer Rob Thomas has this to say about the outpouring of fan support: "We're continually astounded by the fans' willingness to go grassroots to keep us around. More than ever, the letter-writing, vote-casting, plane-circling efforts of our fans may be just the push we need to make it back on the air."

(We weren’t able to receive a comment from the cast or crew of Gilmore Girls before press time—but I’m sure they are thrilled to know how much the fans still love them!)
                    !
                    Last edited by baldy46; 04-13-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Woah, were in #2.

But, the cynical person in me bets his life on the fact that OTH, Supernatural, and GG will all get a renewal.

I think VM's been pushing its luck and sliding by the skin of the teeth for a little too long.

Heh, the first four are all CW shows!

That says - Good shows = Good fan base = Senseless Executives.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about fan campaigns, since the VM guys on LJ and TWOP have organized a 10,000 flyer campaign which is about to go ahead and cloud watchers is up and running again.

I also think we'll end up getting the boot despite coming second in this poll... though I do not believe this poll means much anyway (aside from publicity).
                        The CW are going to make their decision based on the quality, ratings, what the new pilots are like and whether GG will come back... the opinions of the fans will not matter. Not this time anyway!

I would love a final season just so RT can tie up loose ends. I would hate for this season to end in a horrible way, ie loose ends and ambiguity. Meh.

Comment

hello
                          I think you should know that a lot of french fan's have vote every day on e!online website
                          and i thought VM was going to make a good score but nearly 2 millions is great for the show!
                          a+

Comment

I find it really disappointing that people had to cheat to win, or come in second, here. Why couldn't we have just won honestly?

Comment

Who cheated?

Comment

Is this really true? B/c I don't think the CW can afford to loose anymore shows. I love watching Veronica Mars, I hope this news isn't true.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎