Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Boy Is MINE! (PG13)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter the Sixth – Preparations, Investigations, Conversations and Ruminations

Avoiding Lana Lang and Chloe Sullivan for the day did not stop Clark Kent from thinking about his earlier encounters with the two young women. Lana had been so beautiful this morning; like something right out of his dreams. Chloe had kissed him – thoroughly – bringing their relationship into very new territory. He’d stared at the wall of the Torch for a several minutes, in a daze. After untangling his wits, Clark did a little bit of invasive snooping on Chloe’s computer. After much aimless rambling he’d X-ray-ed her drawer and found a scribbled note about, “Lab 3.”

For the rest of the day, Clark worried about “Lab 3,” Lana and Chloe. Pete complained that Clark wasn’t on earth with him and Clark didn’t snap out of it until the buzz announcing the end of last period sounded. Everyone charged off to their after school activities. Skipping his usual after school check-in at the Torch, Clark took off for Luthorcorp with Chloe’s stolen badge.

Lana Lang grinned as she made her way out to her car after school. Her encounter with Clark Kent in the Talon had gone wonderfully! Lana chuckled to herself. Clark had taken the bait – all together now! – Hook, line and sinker! Humming, Lana got into her car thinking back on her glorious day. She’d cleaned up the Talon after her morning shift as cheerfully as Snow White in the Disney movie. Amy Hamilton had laughed and made Lana leave early saying that between the excessively pink outfit and the painfully cheerful songs Lana was creeping her out. School had also gone wonderfully; there was a new English Literature teacher, no thanks to Chloe, but Lana was confident that she’d made a good impression on the professor. The unpleasantness of turning down… what’s-his-name for a date would be forgotten tonight! Tonight Clark Kent was going to get the surprise of his life!

Chloe Sullivan rushed to the Torch and was more than a little disappointed when Clark Kent didn’t make his usual after school check in.

“Hey Chloe!”

“Hey Pete.” Pete didn’t seem to notice Chloe’s cloudy mood.

“Well, I went through the last of the hate… um… letters to the editor. You owe me one; there was some itchy powder in one of them.”

Chloe looked up apologetically and opened her mouth to ask for details but Pete’s eyes widened and he started to back away from her towards the door.

“I’ve got to head out… big assignment due.”

“Pete? Wait!” Chloe poked her head out into the hall after him but he was already gone. Wow! He must have sprinted. Chloe sighed and remembered her… earlier encounter with Clark Kent.

What a disaster!

Chloe had intended to reveal her softer side to Clark, her gentler side. Why’d he have to show up after that William kid had gotten her all riled up?! She’d gone over how things would go with Clark in her head several times and not once had she yelled at him, made fun of him, demanded to know his secret, been caught in a lie or been accused of being a meteor freak. Chloe rolled her eyes at herself as she pulled up the next edition of the Torch on her computer – rough draft. It was no use, thoughts of Clark rose up to distract her.

She’d curled her hair for Clark. She never did stupid stuff like that for guys. Chloe Sullivan was VERY serious about fashion, but just for herself, for fun. But here she was, dressing up for a guy. And Clark… he’d noticed. He really had noticed! She allowed herself a small smile. Perhaps it hadn’t gone so badly after all.

Sure there’d been a few bumps in her plan. She hadn’t expected him to rake her over the coals about everyone telling her the truth. Clark was overreacting. A small voice in her head told her that these headaches weren’t normal and it was worth doing a bit of research. She ignored it, turning her thoughts instead to Clark’s blushing face and his hasty exit. Chloe felt a thrill and a hot blush crept up her cheeks as she remembered some of the looks he’d thrown her way. And that wonderful, wonderful kiss….

She’d cultivated her silly tongue tricks, to go along with her father’s silly eye tricks since the age of nine. Two summers ago, during her… summer fling with a fellow Daily Planet high school intern Chloe discovered… other… uses for her silly tongue tricks. She sighed remembering a very hyper blond young man with a bit of a belly button fetish. Quickly putting him out of her head, Chloe formed a plan. She’d surprise Clark tonight in his loft. She’d find some way to make it up to him… she’d think of something. Tonight when she made her entrance the last thing he’d want to do is run. Chloe remembered the feel of his lips against hers, the taste of him… Clark Kent is MINE – Hook, line and sinker.

It didn’t take long for Clark “Super-speed” Kent to find “Lab 3” – which had been pretty much cleared out save for a few lead suits, empty cages and file cabinets. He found an empty file marked “Levitas” and committed the name to memory.

Lex Luthor watched as Clark rifled through a top secret Luthorcorp file cabinet. He pushed down his fury, allowing himself to wonder at the mysterious farm boy. How did Clark get in here? Lex had to chuckle; with a smirk he politely knocked on the door to his own lab before confronting Clark in what had become a tiresome routine.

“Clark.”

The tall young man in primary colors spun around, surprised. Why couldn’t he ever remember to use his super hearing when breaking and entering? Lex! He was caught in the act!

“Clark, last time I heard, this area is restricted.” Lex’s smile didn’t reach his eyes.

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, Clark plastered a blank, innocent expression onto his face. He tried to look sheepish and lost, letting his initial shock turn into nervousness as he scrambled for an excuse.

“Hey Lex! Sorry about… just…walking around. But the outside door was unlocked.”

“Actually, it looked broken to me but um…I’ll have a word with my security people.” Again Lex flashed that friendly smile.

Lex wondered what Clark Kent’s deal was. Most of the time he was anything but mysterious, but at other times… Breaking and entering at a Luthorcorp lab while wearing bright red in broad daylight; insulting Lex’s intelligence with these lame excuses; and then, Clark had the nerve to try and police Lex’s behavior?! Was Clark trying to provoke him? He certainly wasn’t trying to be stealthy.

Lex paused for a moment and stared at the farm boy. Nope. He didn’t believe for a moment that Clark was dumb enough not to know when he was caught in a lie. But there was no sign of further explanation coming from the other man. Lex’s smile grew tight with fury.

“Wanna tell me why you’re here?”

Lex’s fury continued to build as Clark remained silent. The wheels in Lex’s head began turning. Somehow, Clark knew about the contamination of this Lab. Hell, Clark was probably the person who broke in. How did he always manage to get past Luthorcorp security? Well, no matter, if Clark WAS the person who breeched the Levitas project, Lex would have the key to Lionel’s secrets. For some reason his father had been sniffing around the project and despite Lex’s best efforts to contain the situation, Lionel Luthor had known all the details of the security breech. There had to be a leak on the inside. This didn’t worry Lex, but it made him desperate to find the information he needed and put his father behind bars before it was too late.

Lex shuddered to think of what Lionel would do if he found out about Lex’s deal with the FBI, the wire tap, his efforts to get Lionel arrested. He had to keep one step ahead of his father if he were going to take him down for frying his brain in that asylum. If Clark had been affected, maybe Lex could use him to expose Lionel for the patricidal bastard he really was.

“I’m… worried about a friend.” Clark finally admitted.

“This ‘friend’ wouldn’t happen to have broken into this lab a few nights ago would they?” Clark’s sigh and guarded look confirmed Lex’s suspicions.

“Why didn’t you come to me?” Lex demanded.

“Last time I did that I had my conversations hand delivered to the FBI.” Clark hated it when Lex played hurt, guilt tripping Clark for his distrust. Clark had plenty of good reasons not to trust Lex.

“Clark, whatever deal I made with the Feds, your family is strictly off limits.” Clark didn’t buy it but couldn’t help wishing it were true. He missed Lex. Lex was very close now, looking steadily into Clark’s eyes.

“I was kinda hoping you might return the favor. You might tell me what you were doing down here.” Lex could see Clark hesitating. As much as he tried not to show it, he was genuinely hurt that Clark didn’t trust him. He wished there was a way to keep his friendship with Clark completely separate from business, but it seemed to be impossible; not least because of Clark’s strange, self-righteous curiosity.

“It wasn’t me.” Clark broke away from Lex’s gaze and walked toward the door.

Lex tried not to roll his eyes as Clark continued.

“Lex, something is happening to my friend. What were you working on down here?”

How quickly the interrogation begins. Lex thought.

“An old project of my father’s…trying to salvage something from his failure.”

“Then where is everything?” Oh no, now Clark is in full blown self-righteous cop mode.

Clark assumed the physicality that went along with busting up into Lex’s personal business: wide stance, arms folded across his chest, head slightly tilted down so that it seemed Clark was peering at Lex from underneath his brows. Clark was like a different person and as stubborn as a rock. Lex sighed. He decided to appeal to Clark’s worry for his “friend.”

“Clark, we didn’t get far enough to gage the potential side effects. If this ‘friend’ was exposed to anything here, there could be a serious health risk.” Ah, Lex could tell he had Clark now. He put a hand on Clark’s shoulder and squeezed gently. “Now, it’s hard for me to help unless I know who it is.”

Chloe Sullivan locked the Torch and smiled at the surprised faces staring at her as she made her way down the hall. Close your mouths guys. Yes, I’m leaving the Torch while the sun is still in the sky. It was only when she reached the safety of her car that she allowed her worry to show. Was it really THAT odd to see Chloe Sullivan leaving school early – having a life? She frowned and then started the engine. Pulling out onto the road toward her housing development, Chloe thought about her dusty love life. There were guys who’d asked her out. She’d been on a few dates. Most of the guys in journalism class worshipped the ground she walked on. All except Clark she thought with a sigh. And Pete! she added with a laugh. Chloe smiled. She never really thought of the journalism guys as potential suitors but… she couldn’t think why. It was just a cute flattering thing, more about the journalism than her. Right? Turning a corner she squeezed the bundle she’d tossed onto the seat next to her. Chloe was almost trembling with excitement. This was just the surprise Clark needed.

Chloe grinned. She’d soften Clark up by revealing the bundle then deliver a risky one two punch. She gulped thinking about it; she was scared but tired of waiting on Clark. Chloe was finally going to take the plunge and know for sure. That’s half of why she hesitated to push too hard with Clark, part of her really didn’t want to hear the answer if it turned out to be no. Feeling strangely liberated by her resolve, Chloe turned the volume up on the radio and sang along.

Birds flying high
    You know how I feel
    Sun in the sky
    You know how I feel
    Reeds driftin' on by
    You know how I feel
    It's a new dawn
    It's a new day
    It's a new life
    For me
    And I'm feeling good

There was something about being out in the sunshine, smelling the scent of the Kansas air and the fresh soil that made Clark feel completely at peace. He’d refused to tell Lex about Chloe but Lex had been strangely supportive:

”You know where to find me Clark. I hope you don’t wait until it’s too late.”

Clark felt bad lying to Lex but… Angrily Clark slammed the gate shut almost breaking one of the beams. A cow mooed at him reproachfully. Leisurely walking around the edges of the Kent farmland, Clark shut Lex out of his mind. Home. This was his home. It didn’t matter what communications Dr. Swann had received from Krypton. It didn’t matter what the spaceship had said. Clark winced.

Thinking about the spaceship made him remember this past summer. He still craved the Red Kryptonite sometimes. It was such a rush… He clinched his jaw forcing back the unpleasant memories, only to change his mind, remembering it all in aching detail: Each error, each moment of weakness. He thought about those three months methodically, lashing himself with each hurt look received, each crime committed. Maybe if he punished himself enough he would NEVER DO IT AGAIN. His masochistic reverie was disturbed as his super hearing picked up his mother calling from the house.

“Supper’s ready!”

As Clark made his way back to the cozy yellow farmhouse he found himself thinking about Chloe and Lex again.

“Clark, we didn’t get far enough to gage the potential side effects. If this ‘friend’ was exposed to anything here, there could be a serious health risk.”

Clark could tell that Lex had just thought he was being secretive; that Clark had been the one to break into Luthorcorp the night Chloe was exposed. Despite his worry for his friend, Clark didn’t want put her in an even more vulnerable position. He didn’t think Lex would go so far as to experiment on Chloe but… Lionel might find out and… He shuddered. Yeah, he’d done the right thing not telling Lex about Chloe. He sighed. He was finished with the evening chores. Once he reached the house Clark washed up and helped set the table for dinner. Between and his encounter with Lex, and worrying about Chloe, Clark had forgotten all about meeting Lana at the Talon.

See THIS ain’t nuttin that you use to
    Out of the ordinary and usual
    You got to have the mind of state like “I'm so great”
    Can't NOBODY do it like you do
    Miraculous, Phenomenal
    And ain’t nobody in here stopping you
    Show no love ‘cause you whut's up
    Look atcha self in the mirror like WTF

Hot steam burned deliciously against Lana’s bare skin. Rose scented shampoo and body wash covered Lana in happy pink bubbles and once rinsed, her skin glowed creamily and was unbelievably soft.

Damn I look good
    And can’t nobody freak it like I could
    Yea ok I could use little fat but
    My shorty told me he like it like that
    I'm happy
    Another me there never can be
    See I'm so OUTSTANDING
    Don't care if they can't stand me
    I'm sittin’ on top of the world like Brandy

Hands coated in creamy lotion moved over Lana’s skin, head to toe then perfume was sprayed in all her secret places. BLACK LACE.

See I look too good for this necklace
    And I look too good to be wearing this
    You know I look way too good to be INNOCENT
    I'm conceited, I got a reason

Damp raven hair tumbled down and was slathered in conditioning scented oils, root to tip. Blow dry… Hot curls…

Now who's that peaking in my window?
    Nobody cus I live in a penthouse baby
    I'm sorry but I'm SEXY
    And all I want you to do is just bless me, let’s see…
    This kid that I'm waiting on
    He said he loves when my jeans look painted on
    Wit a tight white tee, you ain’t quite like me
    Probably why I'm always getting hated on

Eyelashes for days… Cheekbones accented… Luscious lips…

Now shorty tryin’ ta push up on me like a wonder bra
    Listen when I speak I wouldn't want you take it wrong
    Now number 1: I don't need you
    Ya names Q I only see you when I see you
    Listen, 2: you neva play me
    Why is that?? Why is that??
    Cus I'm such a freakin’ lady
    And 3: it’s all about me I don't want to talk about it
    If you love to hear it here it go
    I wrote a song about it

Red dress…

See I look too good to be doin’ you
    And I look too good to be loving you
    You know I look way too good to stuck with you

Lana grinned at herself in the mirror. Clark Kent would never be the same.

See I look too good for this necklace
    And I look too good to be wearing this
    You know I look way too good to be INNOCENT

Lana Lang stowed her red dress away in a dress bag. That dress was the perfect blend of sweet and sin. She couldn’t wait to see the expression on Clark Kent’s face when he entered the Talon that night. Was Clark worth all this work? She looked over at the hiding place of a certain pink letter. She grabbed a duffel bag, her dress, glanced at herself in simple jeans and a plain lavender shirt then headed downstairs.

This was worth it and more, to beat Chloe.

Downstairs Gabe Sullivan was singing “Hang on Sloopy” at the top of his lungs, wearing a strange flowered apron and cooking what seemed to be some type of Latin dish. Lana tried to hold in her laughter but quickly lost the battle.

“Hang on sloopy! Sloopy hang on! Yeah! Yeah! Oh hi Lana!”

Gabe turned down the volume and wiped his hands grinning daughter’s friend and roommate.

“Hello Mr. Sullivan. What are you doing home and… why are you… cooking so much food?”

“Ah I got a job offer. Nothing big but it’s something. It’s way out in Granville but I’ll be come home on the weekends. Not ideal but…” he shrugged, “beggars can’t be choosy. If you’re not busy you could lend me a hand here in the kitchen. Are you going to be home for dinner?”

Um… I’d love to help Mr. Sullivan but… I have a hot date tonight.” Lana’s nose scrunched cutely as she grinned. “I’ll be looking forward to having leftovers tomorrow though.”

“A hot date over Cuban cuisine and oldies? Your loss Miss Lang.” He turned up the music and waved. “Have fun and be careful. Call if you need anything.”

“I will. Congratulations on the job!” Giggling Lana headed out the door only to find herself nose to nose with Chloe Sullivan.

“Chloe.”

“Lana!”

Lana wanted to kick that sunshiny grin right off of Chloe's face. Whatever, Lana wasn’t going to let it dampen her evening; she shouldered past Chloe without another word.

"Wow, Lana that's quite a load you've got there. You must be closing the Talon. That sucks. Slinging coffees and sweeping on Friday Night; I guess I'll just have to have enough fun for the both of us.

Lana paused in loading up the vehicle.

"Well, Chloe, it’s nice to see you in the land of the living rather than buried in your work at the Torch. Don't you have articles to write, lives to ruin? What’s the occasion?”

“I don’t know, I thought after all my hard work I deserved a break."

Both girls stared at each other for a moment, each wondering what the other was up to.

"Enjoy your evening." They said in unison. After another strange pause in which they stared coldly into one another's eyes Lana ducked into her car and drove away as Chloe waved mockingly.

Chloe beamed as she lost sight of Lana's car. She let her mind drift back to kissing Clark in the Torch. MMM she could STILL imagine the feel Clark’s lips on hers; the taste of him. Her grin widened. So what if Lana looked gorgeous. So she’d done her makeup differently and she’d curled her hair. No matter, only the patrons of Talon were going to be there to appreciate it.

Chloe entered the house with determination in her stride. She was now free to find the letter and head over to the Kent Farm.

Featured songs: Feeling Good performed by Nina Simone
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and

Conceited by Remy Martin
    Conceited - Remy Ma (WARNING cursing)
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

A/N: This chapter was a doozy to write. I'm not sure how it came out but I just wanted to post it and be DONE! LOL! Juggling juggling juggling. Well if someone gets a chuckle out of it I'll consider that a success.
    Last edited by ginnyfan; 07-06-2008, 11:29 AM.

Comment

And so it continues!!! How would have known that both girls could be so pig headed. I'm enjoying it though, but I must admit, I'm vying for Chloe, because at least she's 110% genuine.

Comment

Fine tuned Truth: The Prologue to the Prologue and added Boy is Mine Youtube video links to the actual Prologue song. No update yet... but I'm working on it... LOL!

Added videos to Chapter Six also.
        Last edited by ginnyfan; 06-06-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Chapter the Seventh: One Hot Night Fight - Part ONE

A/N - This chapter is dedicated to Krystle Carrington and Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter.

Lana in Red VS. Yummy Chloe

Martha Kent washed down the last bite of her meatloaf with a few gulps of water as Jonathan Kent sopped sauce with a bit of cornbread and popped it into his mouth. Then, finished with their meal, they turned their attention to Clark Kent as he pushed his remaining peas around with his fork. Just as Martha opened her mouth to speak, Clark stood up and grabbed his plate.

“Excuse me.” he mumbled.

Grabbing their plates and cups as well, Clark hurried into the kitchen and started the dishes. Martha and Jonathan looked toward the kitchen, then at each other. Clark could hear them whispering about him. He tuned out the conversation, turned the water on high and began to rinse. He couldn’t talk to them about this; he knew what they would say.

His mother would look at him, eyes filled with understanding and say, “Clark honey, maybe Lana isn’t the person for you.

He cringed, thinking about how his kiss with Chloe would cause his parents’ eyebrows to raise and their mouths to twitch with suppressed laughter.

Sounds like Chloe’s ready to move beyond friendship,” his father might say with a grin.

They would both point out that it had been his choice to break it off with Lana this year. Growling, Clark put the dishes in the rack to dry. Wiping his hands on a kitchen towel he walked back into the dining area. Martha and Jonathan looked up at him expectantly.

“Um… I’m going out to the loft.”

“Clark – “

“No Martha, let him go.”

As Clark made his way to the barn, the wind tousled his hair and he enjoyed the coolness. Could he ever really be with Lana? Take her on dates? Live happily ever after? He thought of the first time he ever saw Lana as he clomped up the stairs to the loft. Kindergarten - he’d gotten sick and thrown up. Probably because of her necklace but, he hadn’t known that then. The first day of high school – Lana had smiled at him so sweetly; and Whitney had made his life hell. Their first kiss! That was a wonderful memory. Lana hadn’t exactly been herself but… Clark’s eyes closed for a moment remembering Lana… soaking wet… red lingerie… He tripped over the last step and landed flat on his face in the loft.

His stomach sank fast as he remembered! He had a history test on Monday!!! Oh well… He’d figure out a way to get into the school even if there were no activities going on. Breathing a sigh of relief, Clark laid down on the small sofa. There was a crackling sound. He reached beneath him and pulled out an old issue of the Torch. Chloe. He tried to think back to the spring formal first year. Chloe had looked so pretty in her pink dress. He’d worked so hard to be extra thoughtful, to make the night special but… Lana had been in trouble. If he could go back he wouldn’t do anything differently. But it had really hurt Chloe enough that she’d moved on with some other guy during the summer. Clark wondered if she’d just made that up to hurt him. Well, whatever Chloe felt then, she certainly wanted to be with him now.

He just didn’t feel it with Chloe the way he did with Lana. His heart didn’t skip a beat the way it did with Lana. His hands didn’t get all sweaty. His lips didn’t curl involuntarily into a grin. Thinking about being with Chloe was almost like thinking about being with Pete! She was his friend, a valued friend, his best friend; next to Pete. Chloe was attractive. She was kind… most of the time. She adored him, for some reason, to the point that it often made him uncomfortable. If he gave it a go with Chloe, love could grow. But what if it didn’t work out? Things had never seemed to work out with Lana and he was SURE he loved her. Could his friendship with Chloe survive an amorous train wreck?

And then there was that little detail about him being an alien. He definitely didn’t trust Chloe. He chuckled. He could just see his face, tinted green on the front page of the Torch. “Clark Kent – Alien Farmboy!” would be the headline. Actually Chloe would come up with something catchier. He sobered as he thought about the fact that, for some unexamined reason, he didn’t trust Lana any more than Chloe. Ugh. He was making himself sick. With another colossal sigh, Clark put his arms across his face and drifted into a fitful sleep.

Cold.

There was white all around him and the wind that buffeted his body made it hard to see. A blizzard?

But he was warm.

Clark felt strangely peaceful, just as he did whenever he gazed at the Kansas landscape. The ice formations all around him were incredibly beautiful and there was an opening in the ice. A warm light seemed to beckon, to call Clark closer. He walked toward the light until his whole body was glowing with the brightness of it. He realized that he was completely naked, but he didn’t care.

He could hear a booming, kind voice saying, “Kal-el, this is your DESTINY.”

Blue, Red, Yellow cloth swirled around him, coming out of nowhere it seemed; it was hard for Clark to breathe and he couldn’t feel the ground beneath his feet. He felt that he was enclosed in a strange tent-like cocoon. He couldn’t breathe, he couldn’t break free. It was all around him…

“Destiny! Destiny! Destiny!”

All went black.

With a yell Clark jerked awake and sat up to find…

“Clark!” Martha had both hands grasping Clark’s shoulders and was shaking him hard.

“Mom?” Clark rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as his nightmare slowly drifted away. Slowly he sat up and Martha took a seat beside him.

“Clark you were yelling so loudly… you must have been having a very vivid dream.”

“What was I saying?”

“I…” Martha hesitated. She had a strange expression on her face.

“I couldn’t understand it. It… sounded like some other language.”

There was an awkward silence before Martha shifted her focus back to the present.

“Come to the house, Clark. Chloe’s here.” Clark bit back a groan.

“Chloe?”

He really didn’t want to see her so soon after… well… after… he hadn’t worked out how he felt about her yet.

His mother was waiting to follow him out of the loft, so he couldn’t drag his feet without giving her an explanation. With a sigh, he reluctantly clomped down the stairs and over to the yellow farmhouse. Chloe was sitting in the living room chatting with his father. She stood up when he walked in.

“Hey, Clark! Sorry to surprise you like this but… I um… I just wanted to talk to you about some… about next week’s issue.”

She glanced nervously at Martha and Jonathan as they walked leisurely into the next room. Once they were gone, Clark stared at his hands and began.

“Chloe – “

“Clark, I’m sorry about today at the Torch. Well… I’m not exactly sorry... about everything but…” She grinned.

“Chloe I just don’t – “

“Before you say anything, I have a surprise for you.” Chloe thrust a package into his hand, refusing to let her smile slip and willing her eyes not to fill with tears despite the heavy plummeting feeling in her heart.

Clark hesitated a moment, obviously thrown.

“What’s this?” He couldn’t help smiling, Chloe’s grin was infections.

“Open it.” Chloe giggled.

Clark sat down on the sofa and tore off the brown wrapping. Within was a bundle of papers secured with a butterfly clip. Clark recognized the sheet on top.

Chloe had a system at the Torch wherein anyone from the student body could submit ideas – anything from layout suggestions to job applications. Second year, Clark had an idea about a new column they should add to the paper. This was his submission. He removed the clip and gazed at the work ups Chloe had done. It looked like ideas for the premiere run of his new column.

“Chloe… I thought… I thought you’d thrown this away.” Clark couldn’t hide his pleasure and excitement. Chloe beamed and plopped down on the couch beside him.

“Well, I usually hang on to the submissions that have potential. You never know when something complimentary will give a previously submitted idea the extra spice it needs to really work.” Chloe decided to end her explanation before Clark eyes glazed over.

“What happened to a column about high school heroes being ‘hokey’?’” Clark teased.

“Well it is hokey but… you have a way of transforming hokey into… hopeful… sincere… heartwarming.” Clark smiled.

Chloe found herself getting lost in his eyes. He was gorgeous. His lips were so full and – Chloe tore her eyes away and shook her head, moving away from Clark a little. Clark stared at Chloe for a moment longer. He’d felt that. He’d felt something. It was nothing near what he felt toward Lana but… maybe…

Chloe looked over at him and it happened again. Their eyes locked. Could he? Should he? He could kiss her. She wanted him to, he could tell but… What if it wasn’t love? It would break Chloe’s heart. It could ruin their friendship. It would be worse than if he’d never kissed her at all. Chloe’s face seemed to be moving fractionally closer to his own. Clark stood up.

“Um… wow. Chloe this is… this is really great. I’d love to talk more about this… um… let me run up to the loft and get my book bag. My notebook is in there.”

Clark took off without waiting for an answer.

And he runs away. “Sure Clark. Let’s talk about your new column. Run up to the loft and get your book bag.” She shook her head.

“You shoulda kissed him, Chlo.” She let her head fall into her hands.

Clark ran out of the house and paused on the porch for a moment and let the night breeze cool him. Run up to the loft and get his book bag? Sad, he was just… sad. He couldn’t go there with Chloe. He didn’t love her in that way. But there was something… a chemistry maybe… But was that enough to risk their friendship? No. Chloe was a big help to him when he didn’t feel like investigating. He winced at his insensitive thought. He was protecting Chloe. That’s it. Clark started toward the loft. He was protecting her from… He sighed, unable to convince even himself.

He paused in shock as he noticed the warm glow of light coming from the barn. Had he lit the lamps? Turned on a light? He ran at normal human speed up the loft steps and it was a good thing he did because… Lana Lang.

She was wearing a beautiful red gown. It looked like silk or satin and he had to force himself to resist the urge to walk over to her and take her in his arms. Clark closed his eyes really tight and opened them again. But she didn’t go anywhere. He pinched himself really hard. She just smiled. He frowned wondering if he were dreaming or awake.

“I thought you must have forgotten about our date so… I brought the date to you.” She gestured to the table next to the couch. There were two, pink, heart-shaped floating candles, two glasses filled with what looked like white wine, and a meal for two set to perfection. Clark remembered his date like a club to the head and shame washed over him. Simultaneously he felt his cheeks flush and he grinned at the thought that Lana Lang had come all the way out to the farm for HIM!

“It’s smoked salmon fillets, Prime beef steak, Smoked Salmon chowder and two gourmet strawberry tarts. I had it catered to the Talon but…” She shrugged. “It might be a little cold.”

OK, maybe it was a little creepy that Lana had transported this wonderful meal from the Talon, dressed up in a red gown and lurked here until he happened to pass by. But it was also extremely sweet and Clark decided to be flattered.

“Lana… Wow… I… I love strawberry tarts.” She smiled sweetly.

That’s what Lana looked like in her flowing red gown – A strawberry tart just waiting to be devoured. He couldn’t quite get his legs to work.

Lana walked slowly over to him and Clark felt his mouth go horribly dry. She took his hand gently in hers and led him over to the sofa. She sat down and he numbly followed suit. Lana grinned.

“I wanted to surprise you and I guess it worked.”

“Lana. Wow! It… It’s wonderful. It’s beautiful. Thank you.”

They smiled into each other’s eyes for a moment as the golden light formed golden halos in their dark hair. Lana leaned forward and kissed him slowly. His eyes closed and he breathed her in. She grinned at him, daintily putting her hair behind her ear. Then she took a large bite of salmon.

“What- What’s the occasion?” Clark stammered.

“Yeah Lana, what’s the occasion?” Chloe smirked at Lana’s shocked face.

Clark was also looking up at Chloe in shock. He’d forgotten she was in the house waiting! While he gazed at Chloe, gaping like a fish, he missed the look of pure fury on Lana’s face. Quickly she composed herself and rose from the couch gracefully, despite feeling more than a little silly in her gown.

“I didn’t realize… you… had company.” Lana politely smiled at Clark. She was proud of herself for managing to maintain the smile as she transferred her gaze to Chloe’s grinning face. The grin was just short of a laugh and Lana wanted to kick her in it.

Chloe smiled delightedly as she put two and two together. So this was Lana’s big secret, a candlelight dinner for two in Clark’s loft – how romantic. Actually, it wouldn’t have been funny at all if not for the fact that Clark didn’t seem to have a clue what was going on. Oh, this was wonderful. And… that food looked really tasty.

Lana was determined to confront this inconvenience with grace and dignity. It hurt to think that Chloe had distracted Clark enough that he would forget about their date. Maybe Lana had underestimated Chloe. “What are you two… you’re… going over an article or something?”

"Yes." Clark said quickly, reassuringly.

Chloe sauntered over to the couch and sat down on the other side of Clark.

“Yes, Lana. Clark Kent is one of my best reporters and… well…" Chloe grinned, "You’ll just have to wait and see. It's very special. Right Clark?”

Clark smiled nervously as Chloe patted his knee. Then she placed a napkin on her lap and proceeded to sample the steak.

“Mmm. This is delicious.” Chloe took a gulp of "wine" as Lana’s eyes shot daggers.

Clark finally regained his ability to speak and stuttered, “It's OK. I’m not really hungry Lana.”

He moved past Lana and away from the table, not wanting to be between the two young women.

“I had a huge dinner.” He patted his stomach. "I -” Chloe was noisily eating the steak. “I’ll have to make it up to you sometime.”

Their eyes locked. Lana's lips curved into a small smile.
          Clark ached to kiss her again.

“Weere you all ressed up ranna?” Chloe asked.

Lana fumed. “What?” Lana’s voice was like velvet ice. Chloe swallowed and took another gulp of wine… uh… sparking grape juice.

“I said, why are you all dressed up?” She glanced over at Lana.

Lana struggled not to cry but her chin started to tremble. First she had planned so carefully to make this night perfect. Clark had forgotten about her and she’d soldiered on anyway, bringing the meal to him. Now Chloe… sitting there… eating Clark’s steak… drinking Clark’s sparkling grape juice.

“I was planning on having a romantic dinner with Clark. I didn’t know he’d have company.” There was no way Chloe could miss the ecstasy on Clark Kent’s face following this statement.

Chloe laughed. “Well Lana, you outdid yourself on this meal. It’s delicious. Have a seat, don’t let me stop you two.” She took a huge bite. After chewing and gluping luxuriously she giggled, “The dress is lovely. Though… I don’t think the Kents have many ballroom dances here in the barn.”

Clark forced a laugh even though his insides were churning. It was lucky Lana didn't have heat vision, he thought as Lana glared at Chloe.

Lana tried to manage a smile but it looked more like a grimace.

"So," Chloe continued. "What's with the surprise candlelight dinner?" She was now digging into the salmon and chowder which turned out to be even tastier than the steak. Wow! Chloe hadn't realized how hungry she was.

Lana couldn't hold in the truth to Chloe's casually tossed out question.

"I-It w-wasn't a surprise. Clark... forgot."

Chloe let out a short laugh between bites. "Wow. She paused to divide her gaze between Clark's sheepish face and Lana's angry one. "I'm sure Clark has a good excuse. This meal is top notch."

"Thank You. I had it catered. I'll give you a card."

Chloe smirked. "You must be feeling guilty about leaving town, Lana."

Clark stared at Lana in shock. Oh no! Lana thought. This isn't the way she wanted things... She'd planned out exactly how... Her eyes stung and she blinked furiously to hold back the tears.

It was too much. Gulping, Lana managed with mighty effort to keep her voice from cracking.

“Get up Chloe.” There was no mistaking Lana’s tone. Her voice was deep and hard and husky – Lana meant business.

Chloe paused and glanced up at Lana. Then she smirked and began to finish off the steak. “What’s in the package?”

Lana shook her head. She had to hand it to Chloe, she didn’t miss a detail. Propped against one side of the couch was Lana’s gift for Clark. He hadn’t even noticed it, and Clark sometimes had an uncanny eye for detail himself.

"A gift for Clark." Lana didn't even bother trying to hold the truth back that time. Her fury had reached its breaking point. She slapped Chloe’s forkful of steak out of her hand.

“GET UP CHLOE.”

"Whoops! Temper, temper." Chloe laughed and grabbed another fork.

"Lana -" Clark began. But before he could finish Lana had slapped away the second fork and grabbed Chloe by the hair.

"I SAID GET UP!"

Clark was frozen in shock as Chloe let out a cry of pain, grabbed her glass of sparkling grape juice and tossed it into Lana’s furious face. The remains of the juice dampened a few of the Lana’s curls and trickled down onto her beautiful red dress. With an incoherent cry Lana reached an arm back and slapped Chloe full across her face.

There was a moment of silence and stillness, as though time itself had been suspended, and the ringing crack of the slap hung in the air. The only sounds were Chloe and Lana’s furious gasps for air as they glared into each other’s tear filled eyes. Then Chloe let out a high pitched shriek and went for Lana, her fingers curved into claws. Lana blocked her, grabbing Chloe’s wrists before her hands could reach their target as they went spiraling through the loft.

Chloe’s clawed hands were still straining for Lana’s face as they stumbled back and forth tearing the loft apart, creating a colossal mess, knocking down various chores Clark had started, books from a small bookshelf, notebooks, even knocking down the telescope. Finally Lana slammed Chloe into a wall with a loud grunt.

“B*tch!” Chloe shouted.

“How dare you Chloe?! How dare you!? You've always been jealous of me! It's not my fault you've buried yourself in your work at the Torch! It's made you lonely and bitter!” Lana was slamming Chloe repeatedly against the wall.

“You’re INSANE.” Chloe had gotten her hands free and grabbed a handful of Lana’s hair slamming her against the wall and attempting to put some distance between them. Lana recovered quickly, though her forehead was scraped. She ran toward Chloe and gave her a hard push that sent her sprawling. Lana grabbed the bottle of sparkling juice and proceeded to pour it on Chloe until her hair was wet and her shirt was clinging to her.

“AHH!!!” Chloe half screamed, half sobbed as she grabbed the bottom of Lana’s gown and pulled as hard as she could. Now Lana was wearing a very sharply cut A-line skirt that revealed on the short side a black lace topped stocking and black garter strap. Lana stared in horror at her ruined dress and Chloe swiftly kicked Lana’s legs out from under her sending the remnants of the dress up over her head.

Even with this lead, Chloe didn’t get far. Lana pulled Chloe away from the loft steps by her hair as Chloe attempted to elbow Lana. Finally a blow landed, Chloe got Lana in the chin, causing her to stumble against a loose railing. Both girls went over the edge.

To be continued.
          Last edited by ginnyfan; 07-06-2008, 11:37 AM.

Comment

OMG this is so funny Awesome story! Its so out of character it's actually IN character I luv this, you're doing an awesome job! PPMS!

Comment

^Thank you. LOL!

Chapter the Seventh: One Hot Night Fight - Part TWO

Lana's Painting

Clark watched, horrified, as Chloe and Lana tumbled through the broken railing. He hesitated for a split second before super speeding down to break their fall. Quickly, he slammed his fists through a few neatly stacked hay bales and created a pile beneath the falling girls. They landed with a muffled thump, rolling down one side of the newly formed haystack. Breathing a sigh of relief, Clark zoomed back up to the loft.

Chloe shook her head, dazed. Wow…they could have died. Lana looked just like Chloe felt. Chloe could feel her insides squirming with shame. Lana’s red dress, so beautiful earlier, was off of one shoulder and completely ruined. Part of the skirt was missing from when Chloe had torn it off earlier and Lana was covered in hay. Sighing, Chloe stood, thought better of helping Lana up and limped over to meet Clark at the foot of the loft steps; she was missing a shoe.

Lana’s eyes followed Chloe as Lana struggled to stand in the slippery haystack. Where had it come from? She hadn’t noticed any haystacks while waiting in the loft earlier. Well, lucky they’d fallen here; they could’ve broken their necks. She looked up at the broken railing then down at the haystack, noticing Chloe’s missing shoe. She picked it up and slowly walked over to Chloe and Clark, holding the shoe out to Chloe. Chloe’s hair was slick with perspiration and filled with hay. Chloe’s blouse was completely ruined. She looked a mess.

Chloe stared at the shoe for a moment, then up at Lana’s bruised face and hay filled hair. Neither of them knew how it started, but soon they were both laughing hard, gasping for breath, and they could not stop. Clark shuffled his feet uncomfortably as Lana gripped his arm then went down on her knees, letting out a guffaw that didn’t suit her small frame at all. Chloe had rolled onto her back in the hay screaming with laughter. Clark stood there completely bewildered and a little scared, holding Chloe’s shoe. After a few minutes of ebb and flow, their mirth subsided and the girls lay panting.

Clark was not about to be the first to say anything. He fought his own sudden wild desire to laugh, biting the inside of his cheek.

“Clark.” Chloe and Lana said in unison. They glanced at each other.

Lana recovered first. Standing, she pushed her tangled hair out of her face.

“Clark I’m sorry.” She glanced at Chloe. “I’m sorry that things got so out of hand and… that our dinner was ruined. Chloe reacted in such an inappropriate way and…”

“Lana you came at me!” Chloe pushed herself to her feet. “We BOTH… behaved inappropriately.” She took her shoe out of Clark’s hand and put it on.

That’s putting it mildly. Clark thought.

There was a tension filled moment, in which Clark seriously considered spraying them with a hose, before Lana nodded. Clark tried to think of what Jonathan Kent would say. His dad had a knack for navigating tense situations and calming people down.

“Let’s just… get you two cleaned up.” he extended a hand to each of them, ushering Chloe to one side of him and Lana to the other.

“After you’ve washed...we’ll sit down and…talk about this.” He forced a smile and waited until each of the girls nodded. The very last thing he wanted to do right now was talk about this – whatever it was – but he decided it would be best to man up and tackle it head on.

The two girls set off toward the house and Clark sank down onto the loft steps with a colossal sigh. He didn’t feel up to the explanations Martha Kent would demand; he’d face his mother after the girls had gone home for the night. Feeling slightly ashamed, he listened to the crunching of the gravel under their feet.

“Lana,” Clark heard Chloe break the silence first.

“Don’t Chloe. Just don’t.” Lana’s footsteps sped up.

“I’m sorry Lana but…” Both sets of footsteps came to a halt. “I have to know the truth. What do you want–?”

“I want you to get the hell out of here so I can give Clark his present.” There was a moment of silence. Lana began to speak again in a much gentler voice.

“I’m sorry Chloe, but I really wanted to have a private evening with Clark.”

“To say goodbye?” Goodbye? Clark didn’t time to mull over what Chloe meant as Lana replied.

“I don’t know.” Lana’s tone was very low and sad.

“Do you love him?”

There was a long pause. Clark held his breath. Lana was making small sounds – she was struggling with her answer. Chloe’s strange ability was going to get the honest truth out of Lana, Clark knew.

“I… I don’t know.” He could hear Lana starting to cry.

His heart sank a little. Well he couldn’t really blame her. After his behavior this past summer…The sound of the girls’ conversation broke his train of thought.

“You see?” Chloe said softly. “You don’t really know. Well I know Lana. I know how I feel about Clark.”

“Do you?” There was a pause. “Then why haven’t you told Clark how you feel?”

There was a pause. Lana continued.

“You’re scared. You’re scared that Clark knows exactly how he feels about you and that you won’t like his response.” She sniffed. “You know Chloe I wonder… if I had this truth ability – whatever it is – what you would say. You might be surprised.” He heard Lana’s footsteps speeding toward the house.

“Lana, wait!” But Lana’s footsteps never faltered and after a moment Chloe slowly followed suit.

Clark was in the loft, lying on the couch, hands clasped over his eyes, when he heard footsteps. Great. Now for the part I’ve been dreading. But there were only one set of footsteps. Chloe and Lana weren’t together. The sat up in time to see Lana take the last two steps and smile. Her nose was red, her face was flushed and her eyes were still a bit puffy from crying. She was wearing a set of his mom’s exercise clothes. She looked beautiful. He groaned inwardly, thinking of the talking to he was going to receive from Martha when Chloe and Lana had gone.

“Lana.” Lana made her way through the loft, gathering her things.
              Lana I…”

“No it’s ok.” She walked over to him holding her purse and a large, thin, rectangular package, wrapped in brown paper. She held the package out to him with a sad smile. Clark slowly took it into his hands.

“I just want you to know – no matter what Chloe might say – I love you, Clark. I do.” Was this goodbye?

“I know.” Actually, Chloe’s strange ability made him sure that Lana didn’t know what she felt.

“I don’t want to lose you…”

“You’re not going to lose me, Lana.” He brushed his hand across her cheek and tried to smile.

“But I will if I have to.” Lana’s eyes became hard and serious.

Clark just stared at her, not understanding, not wanting to. Was she going to rake him over the coals about his secret again?

“What do you mean?” Clark was afraid to hear the answer.

“Clark, I do love you.” She said it fiercely. “But… You have a lot of secrets.”

Clark’s chest became tight and painful.

“That’s not ok, but I could live with it.”

The knot in Clark’s chest released.

“But… You’ve got to choose Clark. You’ve got to choose between me and Chloe.”

“What do you mean?” Annoyance shot through him. “Lana, Chloe’s not the reason we are not together and you know that. This past summer-“ He was surprised by his anger and very defensive of Chloe.

“Clark!” Lana sighed and turned away. “I’m leaving Smallville.”

“What?” Clark’s stomach clenched and he felt ill.

Lana picked up a brochure Clark hadn’t noticed before on the table.

“Here. I intended to tell you about this after dinner.” For a moment it seemed that she was going to cry.

“Clark…I’m going to art school in Paris for my senior year…” He was stunned. “…unless you can give me a reason to stay.”

She looked hopefully up at him with those big bottomless hazel eyes and his heart began to flutter.

Art School in Paris?! Since when was Lana an artist? Despite his confusion, Clark wanted to say yes. He wanted to choose Lana. But… For the first time he was able to connect the dots regarding Chloe. She felt about him, the way he felt about Lana. It broke his heart to think that Chloe was breaking her heart over him the way he was breaking his heart over Lana. Clark rubbed his temples. This was making him dizzy. The fact that Chloe had unleashed something competitive in Lana didn’t really erase Clark’s Red-K rampage from this summer past.

Placing a hand on Clark’s cheek, Lana leaned over and kissed him, softly at first then more deeply. Gently, Clark pulled away.

“You don’t have to answer me right away.” Lana couldn’t quite hide her disappointment. “Don’t let the food go to waste. It’s really delicious. I got it catered from one of my favorite restaurants in Metropolis.”

Clark nodded and forced a smile. Smiling sadly, Lana turned and started down the steps.

Clark sighed. He grabbed the package and collapsed back onto the couch. He choked down a bite of the cold food. It was good, but in the mood he was in, it could have been dirt for all the appetite he had. Gently, he removed the brown paper. It was a portrait – a very good portrait – of him. Behind him were beautiful fields of golden Kansas corn. He was smiling. He looked so carefree and content and ...human. It was the Clark Kent he wished he could be. It was who he was three years ago. He glanced down at the corner of the painting. Lana Lang was scrawled in curvy cursive letters.

Clark couldn’t believe that this was Lana’s work; it was amazing. The idea that Lana was leaving began to sink in as the looked at the beautifully brushed stalks of corn. She really could go to art school in Paris. She really could leave Smallville – maybe forever…

Attached was a little note.

“This is the way I see you Clark. Wholesome and honest, joyful and good. You may not always be there when I want you. But you are always there when I need you. You’re my hero.”

Clark suddenly felt a pain in his throat. The leapt up and looked over the railing.

“Lana wait!” He bellowed.

He ran down the stairs and found her about to get into her SUV. She stopped and Clark ran over to her. He grabbed her hand and almost kissed her impulsively. They stared at each other, Clark intent, Lana confused.

“You painted this?!”

Lana couldn’t help laughing a little at his amazed expression. “Yes. You’re not the only one with secrets Clark Kent.”

He smiled in the darkness as she continued.

“Art has always been a passion of mine.” She looked a little shy for a moment. “I guess I always thought it was a little dorky.”

“No, Lana this is amazing! You should, I don’t know… do a mural for the hospital or something. You’re really talented. You really should go to art school.” Clark gazed at her amazed and Lana thought he never looked more beautiful.

“Clark, I just knew that this was something I could share with you. I knew you would be supportive. I know there are things you’re not ready to share with me. And I know that in the past we’ve had some tough times. But…I’m really hoping you’ll give me a reason to stay.”

She sighed when he said nothing. She jangled her keys awkwardly for a moment. Then turned away, getting into her vehicle.

“Goodbye Clark.”

“Thank you so much for a painting.”

Lana smiled.

“You’re welcome. Goodnight.” He stepped back and she closed the door, started the engine and drove down the dirt path. Clark watched the car until it was out of sight. Could he really let her go?

Turning toward the house, Clark focused his hearing.

Chloe took a big bite of pie and smiled at the woman across from her. Martha seemed to know instinctively that Lana and Chloe weren’t getting along and didn’t want to share the details. She just made them feel at home, quietly came to the rescue with a clean change of clothes, and stuffed them full of pie. After Lana had gone out to the barn, Chloe’d had the bathroom to herself. She changed into a set of green jogging clothes and emerged to the offer of a slice of pie and a glass of milk.

“It’s really delicious Mrs. Kent.”

“Thanks. Chloe, I never got a chance to thank you for the flowers you sent after Jonathan’s surgery.” Martha said as she took a bite of her own slice of pie.

“Oh of course! How’s he feeling?”

“It’s been really difficult. He’s depressed and angry. I worry that when he comes out of this, he won’t be the same man I married.”

“I’m sorry.” Chloe didn’t know what else to say. Martha seemed confused too.

“How’s Clark handling all this?”

“Well, of course, he feels responsible for Jonathan’s condition.”

Wow. Chloe knew Clark was a brooder but this was a bit much even for him.

“How could he possibly be responsible for Mr. Kent’s heart attack?”

“He’s not! It’s his biological father. He’s the one who drove Clark to Metropolis last summer.”

Chloe thought her eyes were going to fall out of her head. Clark had found his bio dad?! He never even mentioned it! Before she could say anything Clark was suddenly standing over them both, clearing their plates. Chloe could swear she didn’t even hear the door open and close.

“Mom! You want me to take these?” Mrs. Kent shook her head as if trying to clear cobwebs from her brain.

“Um… uh… actually, honey, I’ll take them.” Quickly, Martha grabbed the dishes and went over to the sink, glancing at Chloe on her way.

Clark led Chloe into the living room.

“Clark, you found you biological father and you didn’t tell me about it?”

Clark struggled for an answer. “Um… she meant figuratively.” Chloe looked very confused. “Um…you know… coming to grips with the fact that my real parents didn’t want me… um… played a part in what happened last summer.”

He had gathered all of Chloe’s things in his arms. Gently, set them on the couch.

“Chloe,” Clark’s heart ached. “Thanks again for the column. It really means a lot to me.”

“You’ve earned it.” She shrugged. “You have it in you to be a great journalist Clark. I’m not just staying that because I like you.” She grinned broadly at him.

“About that…” Oh how he dreaded saying this. Oh how Chloe dreaded hearing it. Her smile became fixed. “You’ve always taken my feelings for Lana personally and… I don’t understand why. I don’t want to hurt you… I just… I’ve-”

Chloe’s sighed wearily. “You’ve always loved Lana, and only Lana, right? Since you were two...”

“Actually five…” Chloe looked like she had a lot that she wanted to say, but sighed and said nothing.

“I know that you care about me Clark. Maybe even love me as a friend. And I…” She turned away from him. Clark waited expectantly. Just when he stretched out his hand to touch her she turned toward him suddenly. Her eyes were glistening with tears.

“I… I love you Clark.”

Clark stared into Chloe’s eyes as the tears started to fall. Finally she grabbed her things and ran out into the night. Clark sat on the couch and put his head in his hands.

“Clark…” Martha Kent walked slowly over to the couch. There was a lot she wanted to say, instead she squeezed his shoulder and gave him a kiss on the top of his head; as though he were a little boy.

“Don’t stay up too late.”

He barely heard his mother. Clark Kent was deep in thought. Lana was leaving Smallville, he was slowly breaking Chloe’s heart; it was time for action. As wrong headed as Lana’s ultimatum was, Clark was going to have to choose between his best friend and the girl he’d always loved.

Last edited by ginnyfan; 11-28-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Chapter the Eighth: Chemistry

A/N: This story is not very women's lib of me and yet I continue. It just makes me giggle!

A/N#2: This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful Amanda Bynes.

A/N#3:This post is two fifths of what will be a scarily long chapter. I don't know why I'm doing it this way. I guess partly because I'm tired of looking at these first two parts which I started a long time ago. (AKA right after my last chapter was posted.) LOL!

A/N#4:“Obsession” hasn't happened yet for the convenience of my plot.

Inspiration #1

Inspiration #2

Part One: Nice Dream

Mud everywhere. Mud soaked their hair and smeared their faces. It coated their torn clothing and the smoothness of their skin as their bodies collided.

“Clark Kent is Mine, Lana!”

“No Chloe, he’s MINE!!!”

The loft floor was coated with mud and hay and Clark couldn’t believe that he was in this situation yet again. He tried to will his legs to move but they would not.

The girls grunted and groaned as they wrestled, struggling to get a hold of each other and failing because the mud was so… slippery. Lana’s hand tried to grasp Chloe’s neck as the blond straddled her, but it slid slickly down to the collar of Chloe’s blouse, ripping it with so much force that Chloe fell to Lana’s side, buttons popping and wet, muddy Chloevage exposed to the air. Hot pink lace. Clark gulped as Chloe squawked. Lana slapped Chloe’s face and grasped a handful of muddy hay.

“EAT IT!”

Chloe turned her face to the side just in time. Lana smashed the icky stuff into Chloe’s cheek as Chloe began to kick frantically. Chloe’s arms flailed and finally grasped a handful of Lana’s muddy hair. Lana screamed as Chloe used her grip to pull Lana over into the mud. Lana’s legs went up as she rolled, exposing slender gartered thighs. The girls were on top of each other… rolling over and over in the mud. They merged into what looked like one writhing muddy creature… all lovely wet arms and legs… screaming, groaning, slopping mud and hay…

Hand trembling, Clark grasped the water hose. He turned the valve and began to spray… both girls screamed as they sat up… Their torn up clothes left little to the imagination and they gloried in the spray of water; seeming to forget their fight they arched their backs and shook their heads gleefully, spraying Clark with water and screaming his name.

“Clark! Clark! CLARK!!!!”

Pete Ross was staring down into Clark’s face as he woke, hair streaming with the water Pete had just dumped on his head. It was a dream. Clark sighed and reluctantly sat up. He wasn’t really tired, just bored. And his mind kept drifting to… Clark blushed, feeling thoroughly ashamed of himself. He must have… in some part of his mind… enjoyed Chloe and Lana’s fight in the loft last night. He hadn't told Pete about that eventful evening and now he thought he never would.

"Are you even listening to me? Look, Clark this was your idea! If anyone gets to take a nap it’s me. Now let’s get to work!”

Angrily Pete tossed a thick geology book at his best friend's head and settled down with a large book of his own. Clark sighed. He knew Pete hadn't even begun complaining.

“You know, both you and Chloe owe me big time. When you call a friend and say you want to spend the weekend with them, filming Chloe Chronicles and collecting Meteor rocks for science experiments aren’t at the top of the to do list.”

The loft was littered with books. We're not in Kansas Anymore: Uncharted Meteor Showers and Meteor Rock Mutations: Neither Magic nor Myth both by Stephen Hamilton, the only scientist crazy... erm... dedicated enough to do such extensive research on the highly radioactive meteors of Smallville. Well, the only one with published literature. They also had general books about rocks and rock fusion. As many books as there were in the pile waiting to be skimmed, there were many more in the "finished" pile. Clark had revealed his ability to read and process information impossibly fast. Pete was grumpy and just grunted and rolled his eyes; even so, Clark could tell Pete was impressed. Clark didn't usually use this aspect of his abilities.

First of all, it was hard to fly under the radar in school when he always finished his homework first and always knew the answer. His parents had never exactly told him to dumb himself down, but he could see how afraid they were when his teachers came over for dinner suggesting special schools in Metropolis. He took the hint big time and became a B student who made an occasional A. Also, using his abilities for certain tasks made him feel like an alien and that everything around him was going super slowly. He enjoyed Pete helping him, as he was now, looking through books at a normal human speed. He liked watching Chloe type things at the Torch, using the human dexterity of her fingers and her remarkable human intellect. Humans needed other humans to get things done. Doing things at normal speed beside his friends made him feel like he belonged. This had always been the case, long before he knew that he was an alien. But right now speed was necessary. Clark Kent had a plan.

Pete threw the book he was reading down in disgust.

“Speed reading or not we need Chloe for this kinda thing.” Pete frowned. “I don’t know if even Chloe would do this. She’d probably just call one of her mysterious sources.”

“You know why we can’t ask Chloe. I’ve got to do this on my own.”

As much as Clark sympathized with Pete's desire to let Chloe do the boring stuff, she could not be involved in this because for once, it had to do with her. The whole point of this experiment was to help Clark access his subconscious more readily so that he could choose between his best friend and his almost-girlfriend. Red K loosened his inhibitions, but Clark had a hunch that fused with green K... the rebelliousness would be curbed. If the green was housed within the red the rock wouldn't hurt him. He felt instinctively that he was onto something effective. Clark was reluctant to share his theory with Pete. He felt, again instinctively that powers or no powers, Pete would kick his butt if he told him the full plan. For now Pete was still griping.

"I don’t know how these books are going to tell us anything about the meteor rocks, Clark. You are from another planet. These rocks are alien. None of the things in these books could even apply!"

"What do you want me to do Pete? This is the best I can come up with."

"Clark…" Pete approached Clark and knelt beside him, planting a firm but friendly hand on Clark's shoulder. "You’ve just got to man up and choose."

There was a pause as they stared at each other in silence. Finally Pete moved away and seemed strangely uncomfortable.

"Why…" Pete paused and drew an unsteady breath. "Why don’t you give it a try with Chloe. She’s loved you since... forever!"

Clark sighed. He knew Pete didn't care much for Lana. Pete felt that Lana was all show and no substance, but Pete just didn't know Lana very well and was therefore biased. Clark frowned. Pete seemed to read Clark's mind.

"Look. I know you love Lana. But what do you two ever do in the end but make each other miserable? I just don’t understand you man. Chloe’s…"

Clark looked up curiously. Pete looked really upset.

"Pete, I’d rather… keep things the same with Chloe than risk making them worse. Right now we're friends but what if we go out and my feelings don’t change? I don’t think it would be fair for her to go out with anyone who… She doesn’t deserve to be a... consolation prize."

"You’ve got that right. So tell me, how is a purple rock is going to change all that? Just choose Lana. Again." Pete discovered a basketball in the corner of the loft and began to shoot imaginary hoops.

Clark sighed. He decided to tell Pete the truth.

"Red Kryptonite unleashes me. My inhibitions... I need to know deep down… how I feel. I think this rock could unleash me… in a new way."

Pete's imaginary game came to a halt.

"All the meteor rocks have ever 'unleashed' in you is fatal nausea, stomach cramps and on a good day, multiple personalities and attempted homicide. Bad idea."

Clark didn't think he could take much more of Pete's pessimism.

"OK Pete, I'll handle the science, you handle the field work. You take the truck and gather some meteor rocks, I'll finish up here and meet you at the school. Then I'll find a way for us to get the lab to ourselves."

"Clark, I’m going to say this one last time. Doing this out of fear is going to put you right where you don’t want to be. This is unpredictable and stupid. I hate to bring this up because I know how sorry you are about what happened this past summer. But remember Clark, the last time you did something stupid with meteor rocks the cost was way too high."

Pete stared at Clark for a moment to make sure that he'd grasped the full extent of his warning. The pain in Clark's eyes told Pete that he would never forget that horrible summer, and the loss of his chance to be a big brother. Pete squeezed Clark's shoulder sympathetically then took off downstairs.

Clark super sped over to grab the basketball before it rolled down the loft steps and listened as Pete got the keys to the truck from the farmhouse, entered the truck and took off down the road. Clark clenched his jaw stubbornly.

"This time it will be different."

Part Two: Exothermic Oxidation in Pink

“In JEALOUSY there is more of self-love than love.” ~ Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld

The Letter

Lana watched as flames devoured the delicate pink paper and the soft, purposeful curve of Chloe’s handwriting. Lana was still reeling from her realization that last nights crying jag had been as much over her friendship with Chloe Sullivan as her on again, off again relationship with Clark Kent. Her heart gave a pang and her eyes filled with tears as she remembered her girl’s day out with Chloe at the fair. They’d had so much fun, pre-psycho. It was one of the rare times that Lana could remember being completely carefree, laughing loud, not worrying about appearances. Chloe insisted that the investigate everything, play all the games, ride all the rides. Lana had never eaten so much junk food or laughed so hard. Chloe had exclaimed at Lana’s laugh. Not the controlled titter she was used to hearing but a really loud guffaw. Tears began to flow anew and Lana quickly averted her thoughts to her favorite tall, dark and handsome farm boy.

Lana’s aching heart was comforted by the memory of Clark’s face, beaming in the darkness as he thanked her for the painting. Lana smiled. Her romantic sensibilities were also stroked to purring by the high drama of burning a pink love letter and the warm feeling generated by the memory of Clark’s smile.

She watched the flames flicker and die among the ash and then tossed the whole thing, platter and all, into the trash. The ball was in Clark’s court now. There was nothing she could do but wait for his choice. Lana wished she felt surer of whom he would choose. Sighing, she looked through her open bedroom door at Chloe’s closed door. Chloe had left uncommonly early. Probably something to do with the Torch. Lana was snapped out of her reverie by several rocks hitting her bedroom window. Lana stood, heart pounding, could it be? She rushed to the window. Clark? her heart asked hopefully. No.

Lana's Girlfriends

“Hey Lana! Come on down!!!” Bree shouted and the other three girls, Amber, Tiffany and Tasha laughed. Lana’s initial disappointment quickly dissolved at the sight of the joyful, vivacious girls. They would be a welcome distraction and a drive would lift her spirits. She took a quick glance at herself in the mirror. Grabbing “Wuthering Heights” and her purse off of the bedside table Lana hurried out of the Sullivan home.

~*~

“You look hot!” Tasha commented on Lana’s snug fitting deep blue skinny leg jeans; white blouse with princess sleeves and eyelet lace; and her dusty gray ankle boots with bow trim. Lana’s hair was softly curling around her shoulders. She smiled in acknowledgment as she hopped into the back of the Corvet.

The girls ranted and raved over Lana’s outfit as the car sped off down the lane. Lana enjoyed the breeze and the chatter as the girls gabbed on about the new fashions for spring/summer, cheer leading (“We are SO going to state this year.”), Lori Lemaris moving to California to pursue her acting career and who around the high school was sleeping with whom. Lana let several opportunities to talk about her Art School ambitions slip by and just enjoyed the ride.

“So when we get to the lake...” Amber began, glancing back at her girls through the rear view mirror.

“Oh no! Lana didn’t bring a swimsuit!” Bree whined.

The other girls laughed.

“Lana wouldn’t swim anyway,” Tiffany smirked, “Not when she’s got an 100 year old book to read.”

All the girls groaned.

“Oh Lana you are too gorgeous to have your nose stuck in a book while at the lake on a Saturday!” Tasha snatched Lana’s book and passed it to Amber who stowed it away.

“Hey!”

“You are going to have fun with us today if we have to force you.” Tasha grinned. "What do you say we have Lana hooked up with a gorgeous guy by the time Lori’s parents throw her that going away party?”

All the girls agreed and Lana sighed. She smiled to oblige them, but once the topic of conversation moved on, she gazed across the Kansas fields thinking of Clark. She didn’t want to settle for anyone else.

Up above the car, silently, someone or something followed.

Lana Enjoys the Drive

Last edited by ginnyfan; 11-16-2007, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Hmm, not too sure what to comment on - there was so much to take on in the last installments - hope about an update so I get become even more hooked. And you probably don't even want to know why my mind went reading this.... one simple solution to all the problems.... and let's say it doesn't involve Clark. LOL

Comment

Still eagerly awaiting that next installment!!!

Comment

I read it. see I told you I would eventually. Guess I'm in the mood to read about Chloe and Lana trying to kill each other. Love the title of the last part. Exothermic Oxidization in Pink. Releases heat and electrons.

Comment

Oh lord it just gets better everytime.I've been patiently waiting for more of this story to appear before me.So please continue with this goodness and update.I want more.I really am deprived of good fanfictions to read.

Comment

Thanks so much for your comments guys. It's nice to know that some people are reading and enjoying. The goal is to have fun and laugh so... Yay!

I have not abandoned my silly (not so) little story. It'll be a while but... I'll be back.

Comment

I'm just hanging around waiting for the next installment - I've got all the time in the world: plan on being an addict of K-Site for some time to come LOL!

Comment

Chapter the Eighth: Chemistry

Part Three: Whine, Cheese and Chlex. Yum!

CHLEX

Chloe Sullivan’s red beetle slowly made its way up the winding drive toward the Luthor Mansion. Her nose was almost pressed against her steering wheel as she stared up through the windshield, mouth gaping. She couldn’t help but be awed by the sheer size of the place. Its contrast to the rest of Lowell County made it that much more impressive; a castle in the midst of serfdom.

Slowing to a stop and putting the car in park, Chloe forced a smile as a man suited in black opened her driver’s side door and offered her a hand to help her out. The blank faced gentleman wasn’t exactly gloomy but there was something shady about him – in a professional, prepared for anything, secret service sort of way. She followed him up the distinguished stone stairway to an imposingly massive set of wooden double doors, one of which was already open for them to pass through.

The entry hall was magnificent and at its far end was the beautiful grand staircase. Chloe paused at the ornate elevator she remembered from a previous visit to the Luthor mansion but the man continued walking, leaving her behind. Confused, Chloe hurried to catch up. He pressed a notch in the wall and the wood panel slid back to reveal a hidden door. Within was a warren of rooms, less ornate and much cozier than the main rooms she’d passed through on her previous visit. Chloe felt her resolve to mercilessly wrench the truth out of Lex Luthor waver. What was he up to? Why this exclusive shortcut through the homey inner workings of the Luthor mansion?

Chloe figured the more elegant route to Lex Luthor’s home office was a very effective business intimidation tactic. This hall, in contrast, was narrow and cozy. They passed mansion staff and what she could only assume was mansion security with their hard edged stoic faces and black suits. She followed as her guide made a couple of twists and turns until they came to a small hall that dead ended at a gleaming, polished set of wooden double doors. The man pressed the wall and a hidden elevator button lit up. The doors slid open and Chloe went in alone at the man’s gesture. He nodded, expressionless as the doors slid shut. Though alone, Chloe felt that she was being watched. She fidgeted, trying to wait patiently for the elevator to reach its destination.

~*~

Lex Luthor watched Chloe Sullivan as she shifted her weight and glanced nervously around the elevator. He felt a surge of pleasure such as only the exercise of power could produce. He sipped his tea and glanced at another screen in the control room.

Chloe’s terrified face was frozen as green gas oozed toward it. Lex let his eyes drift lazily back and forth between the fidgety girl in the elevator and the terrified girl in the lab. He sighed, wishing he had more leverage. He needed Chloe’s ability to finally get answers he’d been longing for.

Lex’ hands trembled slightly and he swallowed queasily at the thought of his father subjecting him to electroshock therapy. What information was so dangerous that his father, Lionel Luthor, had been willing to risk Lex’ live erasing it from his mind? Blanking his face of all emotion he nodded to Addams, the security operative beside him, and at the flick of a switch the elevator doors opened and Chloe stepped out.

~*~

Lex Luthor’s office was a strange mix of cathedral and bachelor pad. The wood paneled walls, stained glass windows and loft would not be out of place in a very ornate church. But the artwork, collection of weapons, and arrangement of sleek and expensive furniture, screamed billionaire bachelor. Chloe sighed at the empty room. She felt a bit annoyed that Lex had called her here urgently only to have her sit around waiting. Whatever edge Lex had gained by revealing that shortcut was fading fast. Chloe’s eyes gleamed for a moment as she imagined Luthorcorp secrets spilling from Lex’s lips, his eyes full of fear. She chuckled and plopped down in front of the crackling fireplace; the brown leather chair fit her kinks nicely. Her eyes followed the dancing flames and her thoughts drifted to Clark Kent and Lana Lang.

I love you.

Chloe’s insides turned to ice as she remembered her tearful confession to Clark Kent the night before. After holding back the truth for years, who could have guessed that a catfight and a good cry would finally set it free? Now that those three words were out there; she couldn’t take them back and honestly, she didn’t want to. Chloe Sullivan loved Clark Kent with all her heart and soul.

Monday would most likely be the next time Chloe saw Clark. How wonderful… and terrible it would be. Those words will be hanging in the air between them, waiting for his response! Chloe’s heart rate increased and her breathing became more rapid. Her face suddenly broke into a beaming grin, and then just as suddenly clouded over with a frown. There, in the middle of some Smallville High School hallway, where she was currently hated by all, Clark Kent would have the power to send her soaring – or break her heart – forever.

Or maybe Clark would firmly grasp her upper arm and lead her to someplace private – like the Torch. Great. From that day on her workplace, once a daily source of joy, would be forever stamped with the image of Clark Kent. He’d stand there, eyes moist; trying to let her down easy so he could go off into the sunset with Lana Lang. Chloe unconsciously clutched her purse strap in her fist as her heart sank into her stomach. She could feel the tears stinging her eyes. Clark would choose Lana. He always chose Lana.

It wasn’t fair! Chloe knew how much Clark valued their friendship. She could feel the sparks between them. When she’d kissed him on Friday and on that wonderful night at the Spring Formal so long ago; Chloe had not imagined that white hot chemistry. She couldn’t, wouldn’t believe Clark hadn’t felt it too. She masochistically played a humiliating rejection scenario over and over again in her head. A storm of emotions coursed through her body like a triple set of tornadoes in the heartland. At the thought of Clark’s sappy, “I don’t love you that way Chloe” expression Chloe felt sad, rejected, inadequate and FURIOUS!

I should kick both Lana Lang and Clark Kent to the curb and leave them to wallow in their self inflicted misery!

No, Chloe. You and Lana can work through this like the mature women you are. Implored the reasonable unselfish part of herself.

F*** mature! Clark Kent belongs to ME! I deserve him. I would be a much better girlfriend to Clark than Lana Lang with her petulant pink pestilence! Yuck! What did Clark see in the moronic Miss Lana Lang who had EVERYTHING she could ever want and still managed to constantly whine and complain? Chloe thought of Lana, putrid in pink, walking around the Smallville High campus hand in hand with Clark. Then she imagined snatching Lana’s head bald.

That’s shallow and catty Chloe Sullivan! What kind of friend are you? You love Clark and Lana. You don’t want something so petty to come between you…

Who cares?! Clark should choose ME! The dumba**!

But no, the big dumb wannabe-athlete would choose Lana like the colossal dumba** he was. Then to add insult to injury he’d have the AUDACITY to come complaining to Chloe about the fact that Lana was a bubble headed Barbie Doll! At this moment Lex Luthor strode into the room.

Lex was striking in his black Armani suit and delicious eggplant silk shirt. Despite his bald head, Lex Luthor was a very attractive man. His piercing blue eyes had an amiable twinkle in them. He smiled warmly, as if greeting an old friend. Chloe was slightly taken aback but recovered quickly. She rose, jerked her chin and stood facing Lex. She channeled all of her Clana hatred into hating Lex and the spot on his bald head that reflected the light.

“Chloe, thanks for coming.”

“Yeah well, I only have a minute.” She stealthily slipped a hand into her bag and clicked her recorder on. The smile on Lex’ face was infuriating. Did he really think she was such a child that at the sight of his mansion she would forget all about what he’d done to her father?

Lex was completely unfazed by her brusque manner. His smile deepened and Chloe steeled herself against Lex Luthor’s considerable charm. Let’s keep this short and sweet, Chlo. Get the dirt on the Luthors and get out. Lex was uncomfortably close to her now. He’s eyes were gazing directly into Chloe’s.

“Then maybe you can give me the abridged version of your field trip to Luthorcorp the other night.

Lex’ watchful eyes devoured the subtle change in Chloe’s facial expression, confirming his suspicions. Chloe gulped. Lex was still smiling as he loomed over her. She turned away slightly and could feel his breath against the side of her neck.

“Let me guess,” He continued. “Somehow no one can resist telling you the truth.”

Again Lex read Chloe’s face with ease. He congratulated himself inwardly. He’d expected her to put up more of a fight. Perhaps this would be easier than anticipated. Lex smiled again and Chloe suppressed the urge to slap his face.

“You looking for an apology?” She asked rudely.

“No Chloe.” Lex’s gaze became feverish and Chloe’s cheeks flushed a little as he gripped her upper arms firmly. His eyes pierced hers.

“I want you to use your gift to help me get back the weeks my father stole from me.”

Chloe felt a spike of fear at the thought of joining Lex in his sick quest. Despite her desire to get a big story, something told her she didn’t want to get even a whiff of this particular bit of Lionel Luthor’s dirty laundry. Her father’s job…the stakes were high but this was exactly where she DIDN’T want to be: In the middle of Lex and Lionel’s family feuding. She ALMOST felt sorry for Lex, staring at her so fervently; ready to launch himself once gain into the snare from which he’d barely escaped with his life – not to mention, his marbles. Chloe sighed. Her upper arms were throbbing painfully. Time to go.

“Lex. I don’t think your father would go to such extremes to destroy those memories if they didn’t pose some sort of threat to him.” Chloe pulled her arms out of his grip and managed a concerned tone. “Maybe you should just leave it alone.”

Lex stared stonily as Chloe gave him a pitying look and turned to head for the door. He gritted his teeth in frustration. Chloe knew something about his missing time. Maybe she even knew something about his father’s past; something that could bring Lionel down. He needed that information.

“Why do I get the feeling you know more about this than you’re letting on?”

Chloe halted with her hand on the doorknob. Rolling her eyes, she turned.

“I don’t know anything about why your daddy dearest decided to fry your brain, Lex. But I do know that because of you my father can’t get a job. So why would I help you?”

“Because my father’s the one who ordered his dismissal.”

Chloe nodded. So it was Lionel.

Even knowing what Chloe’s exposure to the Levitas project would mean, it was a shock to feel the effects on his body and mind; to feel the truth come out of his mouth unbidden. He hadn’t intended to play that card so soon. Ah well. Perhaps the “truth” could be used to his advantage. He advanced on her.

“You know that’s the truth, don’t you Chloe?” He asked her almost tenderly.

At that moment a sharp pain sliced through Chloe’s scull causing her to gasp and blink as her vision blurred. She frowned, rubbing her temples.

“My family’s future is just one… chessmove… in the endless game of one-upmanship played by you and your dad.” She squeezed out the words between grunts of pain.

“It’s not a game, Chloe,” Lex slowly assured her. He frowned, watching Chloe react to the pain. Levitas’ few human subjects had exhibited headaches prior to death. He didn’t have much time. “You’re the only one who can get me the truth.”

Chloe staggered away dizzily but Lex caught her arm and spun her to face him. Placing a hand on either side of her face he pressed her temples firmly, willing her to focus. Her eyes sprung open as she looked at him in surprise.

“Your father’s new job Chloe, in Granville. It is not outwardly affiliated with Luthorcorp in any way. I arranged that, Chloe, in defiance of my father. I am the only one with the power you need to oppose Lionel. I need your GIFT to bring my father down for good.”

Chloe moaned in pain and pulled away. She stood rubbing her temples for a moment before her eyes rolled back into her head and she collapsed. Lex caught her and gently carried her limp body over to the luxurious chocolate colored leather sofa. He walked over to his desk, pressed a button and spoke as if into a speaker.

“I need a doctor immediately. Have a room prepared for Miss Sullivan.”

~*~

ERIN121's Chlex Video

Last edited by ginnyfan; 07-06-2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Oh no you can't stop there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎