Television Ratings For Promise

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Guys this is a reality wake up call. HELLO !!!! ANYONE HOME!!!!!!!!! The ratings for smallville suck and always have. If you guys get excited over 4 million viewers then you need to have some coffee and come back to reality. Someone mentioned that Ugly Betty is a stupid show, good point, but it had 13 million. Three times the viewers of smallville. Even a stupid show crushes Smallville. It has gotten to tell you something. It does to me. As an executive myself, I would personally fire everyone on the marketing team and the writers of smallville because they obviously have no clue on how to keep viewers tuned in. OUt of the 4 million each week only 2 or 3 are loyal fans that keep the numbers each week relatively even. The other million are different every couple of weeks or so has fans tune in to see what all the hype is about or just curiousity of what the show is about. After a 1 or 2 they realize that is sucks and tune out forever. Imagine how many viewers they could have if they never lost as many. If the writers could move the story along realistically and keep the attention of the fans. WOW! The show could be great. How sad. This show had so much potential but yet we are subjected each week to the same stupid type plots. Someone gets close to the secret then dies, amnesia, explodes, drops dead, becomes mentally retarded. Or the classic ten thousands loft scenes of LOOK me in the eyes and tell me you don't LOVE me. I mean come on that line can only be used so many times before the fans want to puke up a lung and die. These writers are so pathetic. Man let the story flow already and stop making everything so complicated and the people so retarded. Lionel puts the whole thing together in 30 seconds after seeing the letter and then the next episode he is mongolic and can't tie his own shoes. Same thing with Lana and all the other characters. HEY WRITERS here is a tip learn to write something realistic so the viewers don't change the channel. I turned this episode off and started to watch the great writing of the new shoe The Black Donnellys. This show has already accumulated more viewers and interest in 4 weeks than an entire season of smallville, By all means check the statistics out for yourselves. It is staggering to see how little a fan base smallville has. thank you WRITERS. MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Eh-hem. staph, time to wake up yourself. While 4 mil is nothing to jump up and down about, it is more in line with what you should expect from the CW. Here is your wake up call: Ugly Betty is on one of the BIG THREE networks. These networks, ABC, CBS, and NBC, ALWAYS have MUCH huger ratings than networks like The CW and Fox. Then again, I didn't read the rest of your WALL OF TEXT because of the sophomoric and condescending tone of the first part, so maybe you realized this later on, but somehow I doubt it. Here's the part where I tell you to grow up, and leave.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberFireTiger
        I can't believe people would rather see idiots prove they are idiots then smallville.
        Honestly, these days SV is pretty much the same thing. Have you seen Clark and Lex fighting over Lana?!?

Comment

Well, I think it does support that Clana is not the reason the is/was successful. Justice still highest ranked of season...

Comment

The metered market ratings are in:
            Smallville (3.5/ 5) - (Last new episode 3.8/6)

The more detailed fast national ratings from pifeedback.com:

CW’s Smallville (Viewers: 4.58 million; A18-49: 2.0/ 6

Season 6 Episode Ratings

Zod......................4.96*
            Sneeze.................4.52*
            Wither..................4.88*
            Arrow...................4.71*
            Reunion...............4.79*
            Fallout.................5.01*
            Rage...................4.46*
            Static...................4.70*
            Subterranean........4.31*
            Hydro..................4.68*
            Justice.................5.26*
            Labyrinth..............5.00*
            Crimson.................4.91*
            Trespass...............4.74*
            Freak....................4.76*
            Promise................4.58

* - Final Rating
            Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 03-16-2007, 09:10 AM.

Comment

And after all those ad's from the CW too! I got the feeling that they had a lot of expectations for this episode, what with promoting it even more than Justice

Guess the new direction may not work out as well as they were hoping for

Comment

The direction that Lana marries Lex, which what was promoted and end up happening.

Still did better than the second episode of season, which didn't have a full month break in between.

Comment

But yet not better than Hydro or Crimson and I don't remember either being heavily promoted.

And Justice still at top...

Anybody Listening? Anybody care?

Comment

Whoa, a heavily promoted wedding episode...and those numbers? Guess superhero stuff trumps the soap opera elements.

Comment

I'm just happy this crapfeast didn't rate higher than "Freak"

But I understand this episode had tough competition with the smart 5th graders...which I was watching during " Promise"

Comment

The first episode after a break always does lower than usual numbers

Why do you think they showed Hydro before Justice, because Justice wouldn't have cracked 5 million if it was the first episode off the break.

and the NCAA tournament is one of the few things that will hurt Smallville's most important demo, young males.
                        Last edited by joesmallville; 03-16-2007, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
                          The direction that Lana marries Lex, which what was promoted and end up happening.
                          Well not exactly how it was promoted. A lot of unspoiled viewers were probably expecting Lana to dump Lex at the alter for Clark or something, especially with all the focus on Clark with a ring, and about to share his secret. The ad's were totally biased in favour of Clana, just like the Trespass ad's did nothing but promote Clana.

And Lexana has been in season 6 all along. Whereas it's only recently that Clana has returned.

But then I'm not surprised that people are getting tired at this point, and starting to switch off

Comment

Seems like the ratings seem to drop by this time in the season, regardless the story lines, so for Promise to do a 4.58 is actually...um good:

Season Four:

16. Lucy - Final number 4.5 million viewers.
                            17. Onyx - Final number 3.9 million viewers.
                            18. Spirit - final number 4.4 million viewers.
                            19. Blank - final numbers is 4.6 million viewers.
                            20. Ageless - final numbers is 4.5 million viewers.
                            21. Forever- final number 4.0 million viewers.
                            22. Commencement - final number 5.5 million viewers

Season Five:

16. Hypnotic - Final Number 4.8 million viewers.
                            17.Void - Final Number 4.2 million viewers.
                            18. Fragile - Final Number 3.9 million viewers
                            19. Mercy - Final Number 4.4 million viewers
                            20 Fade - Final number 4.3 million viewers.
                            21 Oracle - Final number 4.8 million viewers

Comment

Thought looking at the competitions ratings could provide a little more information.

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - Time period premiere - (12.18 million viewers; 4.5 rating/13 share among adults 18-49)
                              This is the strongest show Fox has had in the Thursday 8 p.m. hour since sitcoms Martin and Living Single in 1996-97.

Ugly Betty (Viewers: #2, 10.77 million; A18-49: 3.4/10)

The First Round, day one NCAA Basketball Tournament (9.59 million viewers; 3.5/ 9 among adults 18-49)

Two repeats The Office (Viewers: #4, avg. 6.63 million; A18-49: #4, avg. 2.8/ 8)

Smallville (Viewers: 4.58 million; A18-49: 2.0/ 6)
                              Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 03-16-2007, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lillie_poo_pod
                                I'm just happy this crapfeast didn't rate higher than "Freak"
                                Actually "Freak" did poor for it's episode around it's time back in season four/five:

Season Four:

4.15 Sacred - Final number 5.3 million viewers.

Season Five:

5.15 Cyborg - Final Number 6.2 million Viewers.

I assume ratings are gonna get even lower due to the second round of waiting after Combat.

Originally posted by Naomi
                                Well not exactly how it was promoted. A lot of unspoiled viewers were probably expecting Lana to dump Lex at the alter for Clark or something, especially with all the focus on Clark with a ring, and about to share his secret. The ad's were totally biased in favour of Clana, just like the Trespass ad's did nothing but promote Clana.

And Lexana has been in season 6 all along. Whereas it's only recently that Clana has returned.
                                True.

But then I'm not surprised that people are getting tired at this point, and starting to switch off
                                But they aren't turning away, Promise is doing average or above average than past Smallville episodes around this time.

So people aren't turning away.

Also I don't recall those past episodes going up against.

"The First Round, day one NCAA Basketball Tournament"

If the name in itself isn't enough.
                                Last edited by Kreukie; 03-16-2007, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎