Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadow4486
    if you remember Perry from Season 4, when Clark had a burst and ran at superspeed, Perry said that it looked like he disappeared. And In Reckoning when Lana was killed, Lex just saw Clark appear on the road.

We only see the streaks because the viewer is supposed to see them to illustrate the speed. But streaks don't happen in real life. Lana saw his speed like Chloe sees it. I don't even think people can see the heat vision either.
    I agree with you to a point. Indeed bullets cant be seen by the human eye. But in many circumstances things traveling very fast are often described as just a blur. I would assume Clark varies his speed from time to time and sometimes he runs just slow enough to be seen as a blur. I would expect that "slow" is still pretty fast for most situations.

Comment

Originally posted by bball44j
      For some reason I think that Clark's speed has increased because when he left the barn to the wedding his bactracks were white, not the usual blur and it looked like he moved faster.
      Perhaps it was cause he wore a WHITE shirt as opposed to the red jacket which give a red blur, idiot shelby-molester

Comment

For those saying the second Clark super-speed scene was somehow accidentally messed up, I think you are making us fans seem dense.

It seems the purpose was to show us Clark's abilities from Lana's point of view. For a guy who can sprint to Mexico with the Flash in a short period of time, odds are you wouldn't see even a blur if he is maxing out. That scene was to illustrate the point.

Comment

Originally posted by bobser
          For those saying the second Clark super-speed scene was somehow accidentally messed up, I think you are making us fans seem dense.

It seems the purpose was to show us Clark's abilities from Lana's point of view. For a guy who can sprint to Mexico with the Flash in a short period of time, odds are you wouldn't see even a blur if he is maxing out. That scene was to illustrate the point.
          Exactly. The producers didn't run out of money. They didn't forget to add it. 99.9% of the time, we see Clark's super-speed from out point of view. From someone else's point of view, unless they are right next to him, they don't hear or see anything. Lana saw Chloe's hair blow, so she knows what happened. Just imagine if Clark made such a loud noise that everyone in a room could hear him. Don't you think he would have been caught by now?

Comment

Originally posted by bobser

Then again Lana has been hit in the head so many times maybe the blur doesn't register.

Comment

Originally posted by Raging Clue
              Just imagine if Clark made such a loud noise that everyone in a room could hear him. Don't you think he would have been caught by now?
              Excellent point, he has done that many times with people pretty close to him & not noticed. I've always thought of it like this; There is no sound in space, but yet Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica has lots of sound in space. I has it because it would be a little boring with out it. (I have to note one of my favorite shows, FireFly, worked great without sound in space)

I caught on to the POV shot right away & thought it was very cool. Like the space thing, without any whiz-bang when Clark does his thing it'd get a little boring after a while.

Comment

I would buy off on the lack of blur from Lana's POV if it didn't look so "incomplete." It looks like the director yelled cut, and they shut off the film. They could have given us (and Lana) ... something...

Also, I compare first encounter in cellar with repeat encounter(with Lana watching) and it's not the same exact taping. The script was read a complete second time, because the first time through, it's a little quicker, not as somber. The second time through, it's a little more emotion. Maybe it was done purposely since it was from Lana's POV, or maybe the actors did a better job the second time around.

I would have like to see Lana's eyes filled with tears as she looked out the back of the limo at Clark. We know she was feeling emotion. Would've like to seen a hint (although a tear down the cheek might be too much.)

Comment

Clark disappearing was not an editting mistake, god.
                  It was from Lanas point of view, it's suppose to be like that, jeez, put two and two together.

Oh, and sierramoon, i think you have a little too much time on your hands, heh.
                  Last edited by ColdKryptonite; 03-22-2007, 04:13 AM.

Comment

! A change is as good as a rest. The effect could have been on purpose or not. However, I want to know why CK would blatantly break in to the Luthor mansion, ignoring the fact that the whole place is under constant surveillance, and rip the door off of the wine cellar. We see him do a quick welding job on the hinge but ignores the fact that he had tossed the door handle away. That can't be explained away by Lana's POV. All of a sudden he's beyond caring who knows his secret. That could be explained because of his state of mind except that Lana has been sleeping with the enemy for so long now its doubtful he would be so emotionally distraught at the prospect of her marrying same.
                    Last edited by Mr. Wrong; 03-22-2007, 06:11 AM.

Comment

at first i naturally thought it was a mistake, as were so used to seeing the streaks/blur when he runs off.

But imagine how many people work on the episode and watch it through before it finally airs, theres no way something like that wouldve been missed by everyone.

It also explains how clark just goes into superspeed when in a room full of people (interior of the daily planet etc)without getting seen.

As been said, i think its Lana's POV so even the blur's too fast for her, just sadly were so used to the blurred superspeed after all these years, without it it ended up looking like an effect had been missed out

Comment

it's funny that we are all still talkin about this lol
                        I keep watching it over and over, and you can just see chloe hair fling..i think it was awesome point of view, and it was such a wonderful way to portray how clark looks to everyone else

Comment

I thought the way they did Clark's super speed from Lana's perspective was awesome. Instead of making it look like they ran out of money, I thought it had a much more professional and profound effect. I'd like to see it more often to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎