• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michiki
    OFFICIAL SONGS!!!!

"You Could Be Happy" by Snow Patrol
    Album: Eyes Open (A&M Records)

"Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin
    Album: Children Running Through (ATO Records)

Eh. I was close

Comment

Does anyone know the title of the 'Phantom of the opera" music, as people on this thread have been calling it? In case no one knows what i am on about, its the music playing in the background as lex and the doctor are in the crypt of the church.

Comment

Was it just me or..

did the end of "Promise" sound a lot like Moulin Rouge. It took me awhile to realize this, but I knew I'd seen the theme somewhere else.

Comment

Ooh, the music was great. I didn't know Snow Patrol was that good- and they have a song called Signal Fire that will be in the trailers and probably credits for Spiderman 3! If that song turn out to be as good as this one, then I'm happy.

Comment

The 'You Could Be Happy' - Snow Patrol was the best one. Just flowed with the introduction. Loved it. And yeh the rest of the songs were pretty ordinary but a big clap for the church organs eh you cant have a decent wedding without those and when Lex was mashing that physician the organs were intune with each punch and damning moment. Overall good music on 'Promise'

Comment

I've been missing the lack of music in episodes, The tunes that were chosen were appropriate for this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by falcon64z8
                I was hoping for them to play James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover somewhere in there, because it really represents what is happening to Clark.
                You Could Be Happy-Snow Patrol is a better breakup song in m opinion. And Snow Patrol's singeris 10x better than Blunt.

Comment

Originally posted by christian_kryptonian
                  You Could Be Happy-Snow Patrol is a better breakup song in m opinion. And Snow Patrol's singeris 10x better than Blunt.
                  I so agree with you. No ofense, but I can't stand Blunt's voice, he seems to be crying (not singing) or something else weird... anyway...
                  Last edited by michiki; 03-18-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

The song at the end is called "heavenly day" . I think it's a brilliant choice to play this song at the end of an episode in which each and every character went through hell.
                    The irony gives a whole new meaning to this song.

soooooooo beautiful.
                    It made me soooooooo sad.

Such a great episode.

sigh

Comment

Originally posted by michiki
                      OFFICIAL SONGS!!!!

"You Could Be Happy" by Snow Patrol
                      Album: Eyes Open (A&M Records)

"Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin
                      Album: Children Running Through (ATO Records)

BeautifuL!

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville's Oracle
                        They should have played the Jewel song......I can't remember the name of it..........I will go down with this ship......or something.................they should have played when Lana said I do.
                        They already used "White Flag" by Dido in Season 3's Phoenix when Lana gets DISMISSED by Clark (tm- TWOP's Omar).

Comment

the song at the beggining is by snowpatrol,does anybody know what the song at the end was?

nevermind

lol

Comment

Originally posted by DanCoxy
                            Does anyone know the title of the 'Phantom of the opera" music, as people on this thread have been calling it? In case no one knows what i am on about, its the music playing in the background as lex and the doctor are in the crypt of the church.
                            The music is Johann Sebastian Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565"

Comment

Oh man, it's good to see that someone actually knew what that song was called. The "Phantom of the Opera' people were scaring me.

I suprised no one recognized it as the Dracula song (or part of it).

Bach maked some awesome music and that was definately the song that stood out for me in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by pietie
                                The song at the end is called "heavenly day" . I think it's a brilliant choice to play this song at the end of an episode in which each and every character went through hell.
                                The irony gives a whole new meaning to this song.

soooooooo beautiful.
                                It made me soooooooo sad.

Such a great episode.

sigh
                                Ditto. I particularly like it when Patty kicks her vocals up another notch just as the string section joins in, which occurs at very moment when Lex turns to softly smirk at Clark before stepping into his limo.

I wasn't fond of the Snow Patrol opening at first. Without knowing who it was at the time, I assumed it was just another in a long line of no-name, marginal new talents they were trying to cross-promote (these CW/WB type shows tend to push new artists who all seem to be cut from the mold of some currently popularity music trend of the moment, but lacking in anything original or at least truly interesting to set themselves apart). The song struck me as just another wimpy emo indy rock rehash. But after watching the episode a couple more times, I've grown to like it. Only later did I find out that it was Snow Patrol, a band that I was at least marginally familiar with beforehand.

At least they were promoting a couple of known (but still relatively unknown) artists, instead of trying to foist some tired "new" sound upon us.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎