No announcement yet.

somthing you might not have thought about

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somthing you might not have thought about

does nay 1 else realize that if hrg had 2 have his own memory erased so his bosses couldnt find claire,wouldnt he have 2 erase his wife and sons memories 2? i mean his boss didnt seem like a dumb guy so he`d probably check them.plus when he arrived at the house he was standing right next 2 the bennets when claire came out all burnt and healed herself as she walked over. would HRG really risk giving his wife brain damage with another mind wipe? and what if lyle started 2 get damage 2.at first id think that HRG would do somthing like that but after company man idk

plus, y did HRG need 2 get his mind wiped? He said `go in deep,take out naything that they could use 2 trace back 2 her` . Does this mean bennets boss has an ability 2? may b he can like telepathically go in look around in people`s heads, sorta like professor X but not as powerful.No is as tough as prof X

what do u think?

*no one

and even if bennet would risk his wife and son`s health, i dont think the haitian would.he seems like a good guy that wouldnt wipe their memory if he knew it might hurt them
    Last edited by phantom222; 02-28-2007, 04:27 PM.

Good point, I didn't think about that at all. Regarding why HRG needed to get his mind wiped, it's possible he knew that Matt was going to start working for them and so any knowledge he had was at risk. Or they could use truth serums or have someone in their employ with the ability to bring out truth.
    And it's possible the Haitian doesn't work for them anymore (since they'd know that he tampered with HRG's memories), I think Mrs Bennet's & Lyle's memories are safe, even though there is risk of Claire being located.

It occurs to me though, Mrs Bennet & Lyle would only know of Claire's public hangouts (e.g with friends, schools, etc), whereas HRG would have been spying on her and thus would know of abandoned mining area where she tried out her powers, etc.

Comment

i don't know why everyone seems to think that the haitian is going to take away so much. HRG knew about Claire even before she did, so he probably wanted the Haitian to take out all memories that he knew about Claire, up until that day. Also, the Haitian must have told HRG where he was taking Claire or something like that, so HRG has him take that out too. This way, he wakes up on the side of the road, shot, with no memory of how or why he was there. That way he doesn't even have to give a story about Claire's whereabouts, he has no idea. Thus, it starts to look like the Haitian was hiding Claire the whole time and kidnapped her before HRG could bring her in. HRG remains loyal to the company.

Comment

Surely the mind wipe will set up interesting future scenarios when Claire and HRG meet again. You just know that he will be assigned to track her down with Matt.

Comment

originally posted by last man of krypton
          Good point, I didn't think about that at all. Regarding why HRG needed to get his mind wiped, it's possible he knew that Matt was going to start working for them and so any knowledge he had was at risk. Or they could use truth serums or have someone in their employ with the ability to bring out truth.
          And it's possible the Haitian doesn't work for them anymore (since they'd know that he tampered with HRG's memories), I think Mrs Bennet's & Lyle's memories are safe, even though there is risk of Claire being located.

the haitian doesnt work 4 the company anymore.when hrg`s boss asked him were the haitian was,he told him he escaped and had no idea were he was.he was lying 2 protect the haitian and send him off 2 protect claire

Comment

the haitian doesnt work 4 the company anymore.when hrg`s boss asked him were the haitian was,he told him he escaped and had no idea were he was.he was lying 2 protect the haitian and send him off 2 protect claire
            It looks to me more like HRG framed the Haitian. Whether this was arranged by them both (likely) or HRG was trying to save himself (less likely) I can't tell.

Either way, it's so that Claire doesn't end up with the Company and so that HRG (and possibly family) aren't killed.

Comment

From what I understand, he had the Haitain remove everything from the point that started when Matt & Ted surprised them, which would include how he was shot and why.
              He doesn't want the "Company" to know who & what was involved in the disappearance of Claire. Since Matt may be forced to "read" him in the future, he didn't want to possibly give anything away.

Comment

Surely he'd need to go further back than that, and erase all knowledge that HRG had about Claire's ability, since he should have turned her in to the company when her ability manifested.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎