No announcement yet.

Did Peter stop time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Peter stop time?

I've been reading everywhere that Peter stopped time to make the taser darts stop in mid air, but did he really. Hiro needs to concentrate hard to stop time and he actually KNOWS he has the power. Peter couldn't have thought, "Oh, someone is trying to kill or capture me, maybe that weird Asian guy with the sword can help me on this roof top"

I think it was just the telekinesis (sp). Thoughts?

It could be either. I dont think anyone but the writers know for sure.

Peter DOES have Hiro's powers so it's possible he used them in pure reflex.

Comment

It looked more like Hiro's power. Hiro's worked as a reflex later in that episode so surely it'd be the same for Peter.

Comment

no, if you look closely, you can see that the tazer ends are shaking slightly as peter stares at them. if he had been using hiros, they would have frozen for a minute, then dropped. but instead they shook for a bit.

also, he had been just using telekinesis before, so its more likely he was still using it to stop the tazers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlarkerlover
          no, if you look closely, you can see that the tazer ends are shaking slightly as peter stares at them. if he had been using hiros, they would have frozen for a minute, then dropped. but instead they shook for a bit.

also, he had been just using telekinesis before, so its more likely he was still using it to stop the tazers.
          Yeah, it seems as if Peter was using telekenesis.

Comment

I agree. It was telekinesis, though Peter using Hiro's power would be cool. .

Comment

No he definitely stopped time and then used his telekinesis to make it fall.

Comment

He stopped time. The cords are frozen as well, and if you listen to the sound effects, it slows to a stop.

Comment

If someone has it recorded look back at it. The screen seemed to tint blueish like it does whenever Hiro uses his powers when he is stopping time.

Comment

It is definately time frozen. It is done in the Hiro time stop effect. When he uses telekinesis on Isaac it is a different effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Uffr
                      If someone has it recorded look back at it. The screen seemed to tint blueish like it does whenever Hiro uses his powers when he is stopping time.
                      Whenever a scene revolves around Peter, I've noticed there's a bluish tint anyway.

A problem I have with the "time stopping" theory is that once he unfroze time, the tazers' trajectory would've continued as normal instead of just dropping. And after only just getting the hang of using one power at a time, I can't see Peter being able to stop time and telekinesis simultaneously, or even one straight after the other. So by default, I'm going to go with that he was using telekinesis.

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
                        Whenever a scene revolves around Peter, I've noticed there's a bluish tint anyway.

A problem I have with the "time stopping" theory is that once he unfroze time, the tazers' trajectory would've continued as normal instead of just dropping. And after only just getting the hang of using one power at a time, I can't see Peter being able to stop time and telekinesis simultaneously, or even one straight after the other. So by default, I'm going to go with that he was using telekinesis.
                        I'm moving away from tinting issues and going with your idea of the trajectory. Maybe later he will use time and Telekinesis at the same time but I don't think he is thinking about time stopping...he's having too much fun with the Telekinesis. Wouldn't you?

Comment

I hve been over the scene several times, and I am 100% convinced he did stop time.
                          The sound of the tazer zapping slows down then stops while the leads are suspended in midair.
                          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Yup! Time slowed to a stop. No question.

The sound effects seal the deal.

Comment

Unless the tasers' charge ran down or the hatian took his finger off the trigger. I still say it was TK. Peter would not have fine enough control of the time manipulation ability to localize on just the darts.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎