No announcement yet.

i bet claires memory actually cant be erased

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i bet claires memory actually cant be erased

in the episode the doctor said that claires mom has a bruise on her brain. obviously we all know that its from the haitian... but it just occured to me that if his memory erasing skills are from him somehow bruising ppls brains, theres no way to erase claires mind anyways, because she CANT be bruised anywhere. idkn just a thought haha but seems to make sense to me

Maybe but I don't think the Hatian will erase her memory anyway.

Comment

you're assuming that the hemorraging is the cause of the memory loss, but I suspect the hemorrage is in fact a side effect of it. she can be wiped but her brain won't bruise
      Last edited by dru-zod2501; 02-19-2007, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Are her memories cells as regenerable as her tissue? If so, she actually WOULD be un-wipable.

Comment

Her brain tissue regenerates for sure, remember the wooden stick in the head.

It might be interesting to find out, the Hatian might be PO'ed about her telling HRG that he didn't wipe her.

Comment

I can't imagine he will but maybe. It'd be easier to just erase HRG's memory.

Comment

Great topic, I was thinking about this earlier tonight.. I like the idea.

Comment

I was actually think about this yesterday. I figured Claire would come clean that she remembers everything, and that could be an explanation the Haitian could give.

Comment

Re: i bet claires memory actually cant be erased

Originally posted by Riggs32
                  in the episode the doctor said that claires mom has a bruise on her brain. obviously we all know that its from the haitian... but it just occured to me that if his memory erasing skills are from him somehow bruising ppls brains, theres no way to erase claires mind anyways, because she CANT be bruised anywhere. idkn just a thought haha but seems to make sense to me
                  Hemorrhaging of the brain is only a side-effect of the memory manipulation within the cerebral cortex of the hippocampus

Comment

when I thought of that, I though she was going to use against HRG. saying like, you tried to wipe my mind, but since I can regenerate, it all came back to me, so there is no point in lying to me anymore... type of speech

Comment

Scientist/Doctors could erase memory but it is by causing brain damage of a sort. The Haitian is likely doing just that. I would have to agree that because Claire can hear she can not be wiped, at least not permanently. It might be gone for a short time and come back.

My only other thing with this is we know that HRG has used this on his Wife (a lot) and son. What are the chances he has done it to Claire in the past. The Haitian way have wiped her in the past and we don't know. It may just be that this time he did not want to, feeling she was in a position (age/danger) she needed to know. Wiping her mind would put her in danger as she would have been oblivious to the threats out there.

If he has she could be and ther ewould be no other damage or cumulative effect.

Comment

If it's true that the Haitian cannot erase her memory, he was very clever to chum up to Claire and make it seem like it was a whim of his. This way she would pretend he had done the job and he wouldn't lose face with his boss.

He tried and failed but... pretended he chose not to do it.

Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎