Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, now I just hate her

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark will always have something for lana in his heart thats why i said clana forever... but obviously he has to be with clois

and raging clue mate i could get a big comeback but i wouldnt say anything...

<3Boniita

Comment

• Tomsgurl88 and Bonita LovesSuperman, count me in the Cloisers Who Appreciate Clana club.

I never thought the day would come where I would say this but I kinda love Clana. I love to hate it but I also appreciate that it's got so much history by now that SV can be summed up in it. Every season reinvents Clana, sometimes less successfully than others, but I like what S1, S5 and S6 have done for it. What makes Clana gold though is that unlike every other ship on the show, Clark has actually expressed his undying love for Lana (and vice versa) in no uncertain terms. It actually happens, instead of just being interpreted via obscure gestures and foreshadowing comments.

Not to mention: Clana is as dependable as the sun, rising and setting every day, a cyclical force of nature that cannot be stopped.

I find these observations to be pertinent to this thread in that as Clana is so implacably united in AlMiles' heads, Lana is practically Clark's wife. Even separated and engaged to another man, as long as Clark is giving those mixed signals of a reconciliation, I think Lana has plenty of right to get into the thick of Clark's business.

If Lana's snooping had occurred earlier this season, when Clark really did seem to be moving on and giving Lana no special favors, then I would've found her behavior intolerable. But coming off of Labyrinth and Crimson, it's clear that Clark isn't ready to let go!

Hopefully, by taking matters into her own hands and actually progressing the 'secrets' complaints into investigative action, Lana will make it more possible for Clark and herself to find a new more friendly less angsty status quo.

Originally posted by azi
      It would be ok I guess if she wasn’t pregnant with someone else’s child, wasn’t living with her boyfriend and was just about to marry him. In her present situation her curiosity should be called a sick obsession.
      Imagine that a pregnant girlfriend of your brother ( if you have one) , before the wedding would show so much interest in her ex, you would be furious.
      And I don’t like snooping. Neither Chloe’s nor Lana’s snooping was/is justifiable.
      I don't like real life snooping either but sometimes when I'm watching a show I think mostly in terms of plot devices.

As for if it was my brother's girlfriend who was doing all this, I would probably be more upset to find out that she's being manipulated by my brother into being in a relationship she's not ready for.

Lana has tried to be honest in her feelings for Lex but she's one hecka confused girl thanks to Clark, as has been pointed out many times in the show itself (most memorably by Adam in S3).

We, the viewers, have watched Lex plot to manipulate Lana (in Hypnotic, S5, when he hires someone to break up Clana 'cuz he wants Lana), all of his questionable speeches to her in early S6, and of course his alarming behavior in Crimson (from talking behind her back with the doctor about the "untypical pregnancy" to gently threatening her if she ever slipped thru his fingers). We have also watched Lana tell Lex that she still loves Clark (in Hydro). We have also watched Clark try to reclaim Lana (first mentioning engagement dream in Labyrinth, then re-proposing to her in Crimson) while being the one pushing her away in favor of his secret.

The way I see it, Lana is caught between two men who may genuinely love her but who are perfectly happy to keep her in the dark while they plan out her future.

Lana is NO innocent. She makes many mistakes and many times I don't like her very much.

But Lana IS a victim. It is the role defined by the first SV episode, as the little Smallville girl victimized by Clark's arrival in the meteor shower (it caused the death of her parents) and further reinforced by all the freaks of the week who tried to kill her, by all the heartache inflicted by Clark's lies and decision that since he's not normal he has to stay away...until next season!, by being a witness to the Alien Invasion (Arrival), by being selected by Zod and by Lex's manipulation. *sigh*

It is the one thing about her that I dislike the most, thus my enjoyment of Trespass! Lana IMHO is breaking the tired mold. She's breaking laws too but I think it's giving her some much needed backbone. In a town like Smallville, where even the heroes break and enter to figure out random people's secrets, I think Lana has made a laudable (if not politically correct) decision to get her hands dirty in her own obviously driven quest to answer the big Clark question --instead of asking to be told again and again and again and again.

Stop being a victim and start playing the game! That's something she's learned from the Teagues and the Luthors and yes, it's a very dark decision, but I think it will actually make her a better person.
      Last edited by LoisL; 02-28-2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Well WOOOHOOO we should make a club called Clanois, mean clana and clois fans... icant choose between them everyone makes mistakes, i made so many mistakes made my boifriend Cry today gosh felt so bad

<3Bonita
        Clois The Future...
        Clana Forever....

Comment

• Re: Okay, now I just hate her

Originally posted by 10-5-4-9
          He dumped you, Lana, you don't need to know in order to sustain the relationship anymore. I hope karma is a pain in the butt.
          Well I think we all know that destiny has some butt kick in store for Lana.. scheduled for exactly one episode after they hook back up. Thats my guess anyway.

Comment

• No Lana should not pry

I've been re watching the Smallville dvd series and i have come to the same conclusion, is it really up to Clark whether or not he tells Lana or Lex the truth about himself or not? Because the way I see it, it is Clark's choice whether or not he should trust them with his secret. Both Lana and Lex haven't given Clark a good enough reason why he should entrust them with that information because they have proven to him that they can't be trusted. His secret. his choice. No one has the right to force or pry information out of Clark by either testing him or guilt tripping him that is not respect. Honesty is a two way street it is not one - sided. you can't have one set of rules for yourself and another set of rules for everybody else. Clark doesn't do secrets and lies to hurt people he does secrets and lies to protect people there's a difference. He's only secretive and cautious because he cares. Going out of your way to support some one until one day they are comfortable in telling you themselves when they're truly ready to tell you on their own terms, and not on yours is more respectful than trying to pry and disrespecting boundaries. Every good relationship relies on trust but it always has to have room for respect and it has to have a balance between having moral values and having a understanding of each other. you have to at least try to see things from the other person's point of view not focused on just your own perception it's called walking a mile in some one else's shoes. And Clark and Lana doesn't have that understanding of each other like Jonathan and Martha do because they're still young and inexperienced in love and romance.

Clark's perspective: " I am trying to protect lana, I'm trying to keep her safe along with the world, and she keeps expecting me to be honest with her. what if I do tell her the truth about me, and something bad happens to her and I can't get there in time to save her? can I take that risk having her know who I am? knowing that her life would be danger because of me? because of my secret? I love her too much to let anything happen to her. I don't know what my life is without her in it."

Lana's perspective: I want him to stop lying to me, I want him to trust me, I want him to fully let me in, I love him so much that I want him to be honest with me, I want to know him, but I know he will always be watching over me and will be there for me when I need him even if he's not around when I want him to be. I want us to have a honest committed relationship I want there be no secrets between me and Clark, but I want to feel safe and secure. I want to know why he's so dishonest. May be I'll just trick him into revealing his powers by using Chloe as bait knowing he'll come to her rescue just to find out his secret if he won't tell me himself, eventually he'll tell me, hopefully right?

Just because chloe kept prying into Clark's past in the past first 3 seasons before she found out Clark's secret in season 4. doesn't mean Lana should in season 6. Lana happens to be a bearer of secrets and lies just as much and she learned that from both clark & Lex mostly Lex because he has more secrets than Clark ever did and you don't spend that much time with Lex and not pick up a trick or two.
            Last edited by laurarawlins; 10-21-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎