Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lex Justified in Not Accepting Clark's Apology?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rekon they've made clark look like a fool too much. Theree coming this|---| close to making lex look good sometimes.

Comment

Lex's obsession with Clark started from day one. People like Roger Nixon and situations like that standoff at Luthorcorp, his wife selling Clark's blood to Lionel, and Lionel giving Clark the key to Lex's "Clark room" is what doomed the friendship. However, Jonathan Kent's advising Clark to be weary of Lex did play a part in all this. However, it was Clark who chose to follow it when, after Lex had his memory wiped in "Asylum", Clark didn't confide in Lex then and there. I don't blame Clark for not forgiving the Blue Room, but when Lex asked him if he was in the caves, Clark should've said yes. Who knows how things would've turned out if they'd been honest with each other?

Comment

imo, lex was justified in not accepting the apology cuz

clark didnt really give a REASON all he said was 'i wasnt myself'
        and after hearing that same excuse for 5 years, you get sick of it

i know i wouldnt take his apology seriously

Comment

"I know that they try but I don't think the show does a good job in showing the deterioration of the relationship it just seemed to come out of small insignificant sparks, nothing truly drastic."

I think it DID come out of some truly drastic stuff: Clark refusing to tell Lex his secret made Lex feel like even his own best friend didn't trust him, leading him to continue down the dark path he was on by hiring meteor freaks to take the Kents and Lana hostage in order to test Clark's abilties. That's some pretty drastic stuff right there.

It's also realistic that it wasn't just that one moment that ended their friendship: it's been on the decline ever since Clark found the room that Lex had dedicated to unraveling his secret.

From there on, it took baby steps to get to them not being friends anymore. After "Mortal", they weren't friends, but it was still realistic that they didn't hate each other AS much as they do now. They still had a soft spot for one another until Lex's ruthless ways drove Clark away, and Clark's continual lying made Lex more and more obsessed. I think "Vessel" was the final turning point, and I liked that as a closing to their friendship and opening to their enmity.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Kal-El20
            I hate to say it. But I think the reason Clark and Lex aren't friends anymore is because of Johnathan. So yeah, it's Johnathan Kent's fault.
            I blame Jor-El. Clark should have blown up like every other self-respecting kryptonian. Then none of these problems would be around

Comment

Originally posted by Son of Kal-El20
              I don't know...I just think if Clark was nicer to Lex some of those times, none of this would've happened. Let's not forget that when they were friends, Lex still liked him even when he knew his secret...okay, so Lex was crazy at the time, but still.

Is this the same Lex with a room devoted to Clark ??

Can you say obsessive ??
              Clark's very own stalker !

Comment

Lex has had it up to *HERE* with Clark's never-ending "I wasn't myself" and the others' "He's on something" cop-out excuses for Clark's over-possessive, psychotic behaviour around Lana. Lex doesn't know Clark's secret, so we can't blame him (or Jimmy) for thinking that this Kent kid's got some issues or a substance abuse problem.

Clark tried to kill him and all he's got to offer is a weak-kneed "sorry". Thanks, Clark, but you can stuff it in a pig-in-a- blanket and have it for breakfast. Clark shamed Lex at his engagement party, shamed Lana (who he supposedly cares about) and Lex isn't going to tolerate any more lame-brained 'he's not himself, he's on something' excuses for Clark's bad-boy/sanctimonious pillar of virtue routine. There's only room for one Two-Face in this universe, and Harvey Dent's in Gotham

Now if Lex could only grow a backbone and tell Lana the engagement's off .....

Comment

^Everyone on this show has not been themselves at one point or another, I think that alone should have Lex cutting him some slack, after all, it's not like Clark almost destroyed the world like Lex did when he wasn't himself. And just based on wardrobe alone, everyone knew Clark wasn't himself.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                    Lex has had it up to *HERE* with Clark's never-ending "I wasn't myself" and the others' "He's on something" cop-out excuses for Clark's over-possessive, psychotic behaviour around Lana. Lex doesn't know Clark's secret, so we can't blame him (or Jimmy) for thinking that this Kent kid's got some issues or a substance abuse problem.

Clark tried to kill him and all he's got to offer is a weak-kneed "sorry". Thanks, Clark, but you can stuff it in a pig-in-a- blanket and have it for breakfast. Clark shamed Lex at his engagement party, shamed Lana (who he supposedly cares about) and Lex isn't going to tolerate any more lame-brained 'he's not himself, he's on something' excuses for Clark's bad-boy/sanctimonious pillar of virtue routine. There's only room for one Two-Face in this universe, and Harvey Dent's in Gotham

Now if Lex could only grow a backbone and tell Lana the engagement's off .....

Nice, if only lex had your backbone !
                    At times, Lex's inferiority complex around around Clark bothers me.
                    I really wish the writers would do somethign about it, let him outgrow it or something.
                    The BS line of how Clark doesn't matter, yet there HE is in Clark's Barn and ther HE is inviting Clark to supposedly rub-his nose in it, even though Lex knows he is Mr.Rebound.

This Lex is great when he is "evil" but sorry and pathetic when it comes to anythign Clark related.

They are not doing the Lex Luthor character justice at this point.

Comment

I actually found Lex's honesty refreshing.
                      Lex has dispensed with any hint of friendship.
                      Lex hates Clark and constantly wants to remind Clark of that.
                      It is nice to see that level of honesty on the show.
                      Sometimes its okay if you are evil to be honest.
                      You can't love everyone.

Comment

I love Clark and I'm really starting to dislike Lex but Lex was rightfully so in not accepting Clarks apology. Clark was a major a**hole at the party and he ruined it. I also agree with the above comment that clark is a tad full off himself to expect "I wasn't being myself" to fly over with lex.

Comment

I think everyone is being a little harsh on Clark. What he did at the party was kinda called for (maybe not to Chloe and Lana but to Lex and Martha). In the barn he didn't get violent until Lex pulled a gun, and even when he was choking him no-one knows his intention was to kill him. He may have just threw him across the room or something.

Plus Clark was on red K. In his system without him knowing anything about it, which changes him into a completely different person. Imagine what you'd do to the people who have hurt you if you had all your morality stripped away....

Also yeah, the excuse was lame, but what else can he say? He can't tell Lex the truth, so making something up in order to try and excuse himself would make him worse in my book that apologising. By saying 'I wasn't myself' Clark is actually telling the truth also....

Comment

Cats eat mice but tend to play with them a lot before breaking their neck.

But seriously, the best you can say is "Clark didn't mean to kill him because he didn't snap his head completely off and throw it out the window in a millisecond?" Yuck.

Comment

Remember the exchange went "I wasn't myself" (pause) "I'm sorry" That's the right way around. Its Clark acknowledging that his excuse is NOT sufficient, and thus the only thing left to do is apologise.

He was no doubt totally unsurprised at having the apology declined but it just underscores Lex's rather absurd notion of civility.

Comment

You can't assume someone was going to do something if they haven't done it. If someone goes and punches some one else and then something interrupts the fight, the person who landed the punch doesn't go down for attempted murder...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎