No announcement yet.

Aqua Man Pilot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua Man Pilot

The Pilot looked sweet yet they never produced the series, very dissapointing.
    Anyone else seen the Pilot?

Yep, it's on iTunes.

Comment

It was really good. At first I was very skeptical but after seeing the pilot that show really had potential.

Comment

hi there,

does anyone know how to get the pilot if you aren't a us-native (i live in germany) and don't have a credit card to watch (and buy) it on iTunes? it can't be watched in the german stores

please help! i wanna see it too!

Comment

i watched it on youtube, but i think some part of the episode was missing, because it seemed awfully short. but i loved it !

Comment

I saw it. It was great. Hopefully it will be on the S6 SV DVD.

Comment

the pilot was very promising and exciting. I can't imagine what the CW had in mind when cancelling such a great piece of work.

Comment

I just rewatched it (downloaded it off 'Live).

Time really refreshes your perspective. The pilot is full of cheese and subpar acting. Justin Hartley is fun to watch - perhaps even more so than seeing him as Green Arrow - but it's more than a little disturbing to see him without his shirt so much.

The biggest crime, though? It's a blatant copy of Smallville. AlMiles phoned it in here, folks. Sure, they could've sqeaked by and used the same formula (a Monster of the Week and hot babes), but the characters actually say lines that sound like they were ripped off from old Smallville scripts.

I understand the best advice for writing is "write what you know" but the similarities AlMiles injected into Aquaman are too glaring. In fact, WB probably made them change the name from Mercy Reef to Aquaman JUST to get rid of at least one similarity.

And lastly, I know AlMiles have never been sticklers to the comics - and when it comes to a character like Aquaman, not many people really care, do they? But since they DID call it Aquaman, the least they could have done is... I don't know... have him actually CALL himself Aquaman. Maybe do superheroic things to distinguish himself from Clark (ooh! Burn!).

I really liked the pilot when I first saw it. Now... not.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
                  In fact, WB probably made them change the name from Mercy Reef to Aquaman JUST to get rid of at least one similarity.
                  The title wasn't changed to "Aquaman" until it was released to iTunes, so I'm thinking that they changed it so more people would recognize the name when they're browsing through the iTunes store and then download it.

Comment

Yeah this felt like it would have been a solid show. Sad to see that it wasn't picked up.

Comment

i can still remember the trailer i saw long time ago, it was brilliant

Comment

yeah i saw it and liked it thought it was good though it was nothing special either

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎