This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville's doing great...YAY

Comment

Okay let's clear something up. Does *anyone* actually tune in to the second half of a show because they think something they want to happen is going to happen but not until the second part of the show? Most second half-hour tune-ins are probably people who watched a half-hour show and couldn't find anything else to watch, or got home late. People don't see a preview and say, "Huh, I'm going to tune in only for the last 30 minutes of that." That's just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Absentee
        I'm not even going to answer. WHY? Because even if you put the numbers in front of everyone's faces, there's always an excuse.

Fine. Fine. Clana did not bring in the ratings. You guys are right.

Clana couldn't have possibly have anything to do with it.

Because an average viewer couldn't figure out the timeline even though the trailer consisted of Lois putting on the lipstick and saying "I think I'm inlove with Clark" showing Clark twirling her around, then Clark walking in to crash the party with Lois, then shot of Lex then Clark telling Lana to marry him and not Lex and then Clark ramming Lex against the wall while Lana tried to stop them.

Right.... because only a genius will figure that out. I can't wait for next week.
        Good to see you finally came around

Comment

Originally posted by khol145
          Smallville's doing great...
          ...But is it doing SUPER?
          Originally posted by MidgardDragon
          Most second half-hour tune-ins are probably people who watched a half-hour show and couldn't find anything else to watch, or got home late.
          Yup - that's how I got hooked on 24.
          People don't see a preview and say, "Huh, I'm going to tune in only for the last 30 minutes of that." That's just stupid.
          Funny you should mention that. About three or four years ago, which I'm sure you ALL remember because the ratings were even higher back then, the promo for "Shattered" said it was an episode SO SHOCKING you could NOT miss the LAST FIVE MINUTES.

So my friend, who told me the story the next day, took that literally and decided to watch the last five minutes. But after thirty minutes he got bored of waiting and there was nothing else on, so he ended up watching the last half hour.

I thought it was funny that he intended to literally watch only the last five minutes, so your comment reminded me of that.

Comment

I would prefer to stay in the 5 millions but they are still going strong. A show that doesn't drop into the 3 million mark is good.

Comment

I find it funny that so many Clana fans love to go on and on about how it's Clana that brings in the ratings. While that looks to be partly true (they are the show's flagship couple after all), I think we know what the highest rated eps have had in common for the past couple seasons, and it has nothing to do with any ship.

EDIT: On the other hand, I do think a lot of the other shippers here tend to underestimate the Clana fanbase outside a Chloe-dominated site like this one, so I won't fault a Clana fan for trying to refute that.
              Last edited by dragonchic; 02-03-2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I think that Smallvillle is doing pretty well in the ratings, but the real question is what the CW network thinks about the ratings.

Comment

Seems like Smallville is hovering right about 5 million viewers each week hopefully as the season closes we get more viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by bball44j
                    I think that Smallvillle is doing pretty well in the ratings, but the real question is what the CW network thinks about the ratings.
                    Considering the show is it's number 1 rated show, number 2 when ANTM is airing, I'm sure they think it's doing great.

Comment

Originally posted by Absentee
                      There's really nothing to prove. The numbers speaks for itself.

Why? You're not happy with it? Yeah, I wouldn't be either.

It's hard to say if the jump in viewership in the 2nd half hour was because of Clana (as the Clana fans were claiming). Other Smallville episodes showed a jump in the 2nd half hour without even Clana scene.

I'll be interested to find out what the half hour breakdowns for Labyrinth if it showed steady # of viewers from 1st half hour to 2nd half hour, or if # of viewers spiked in the 2nd half hour. Labyrinth was a full Clana eppy from beginning to end. If viewers increased big in the second half hour then it's likely because viewers prefer to watch other shows in the first half hour and only tune in to Smallville in the 2nd half hour.

Can someone provide the half hour breakdowns for Labyrinth, please?
                      Last edited by canon; 02-04-2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I don't know or have any proof about what brought in the rise in the ratings...whether it be a show on first half of SV the viewers wanted to watch more....or thousands of people forgot that SV was even on until second half. Who knows?

However, for those arguing that people didn't know the second half would be clana ..first half clois. I know for a fact that many people on other message boards...and a few non internet junkies unlike myself.....said they were not tuning in until second half because they didn't want to see Lois flashing her boobs and acting like a slut. They'd wait for the clana. NOW that is just about 6 people. But it shows some did have that mindset. NOT I..got to see Tom W. in all his redClark glory. Still some did figure that out. NOT arguing ratings..arguing some can tell by trailer Clois first half...clana second. Enough to change the numbers that well...not sure. Don't know....just refuting that some say no one would do that in viewing..because I know a few that did.

Comment

I agree. Clana is not the reason. Plus the trailer promoted Clois and Lexana.

Comment

Alright, lets take a short break from the Clana=ratings debate for a sec.
                            Does anyone think that "Trespass" will go up from "Crimson" or will it go down since Survivor is returning?

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                              I agree. Clana is not the reason. Plus the trailer promoted Clois and Lexana.
                              So you are agreeing that Clois is the reason the ratings were bad in the first half of the episode?

And yeah, the "dont marry lex, marry me" comment was totally Lexana pimping.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                                Alright, lets take a short break from the Clana=ratings debate for a sec.
                                Does anyone think that "Trespass" will go up from "Crimson" or will it go down since Survivor is returning?
                                I have a feeling it'll rise. Not a huge amount , but there will be an increase. This due to the Lana: will she, won't she find out Clarks secret. I feel the show has built a little momentum for itself with that storyline. Alot of viewers have been waiting since "Wreckoning" for that to happen. I think the real test for SV will be what happens after that episode. Will this be another tease from TPTB or will they make due? It'll be a big mistake for SV to now rock the boat with a letdown going into hiatus. Again they don't want a repeat of the fallout from "Wreckoning".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎