Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen the JLU ep by the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel
      I'm not saying that Buffy is the Holy Grail of t.v.
      I am . But seriously the story has been used before buffy. It's funny I read a foiler for the Buffy finalie and it sounded a lot like this episode in the foiler Buffy was really in an asylum, Willow was her cell mate and Xander was the prison guard.

Comment

Re: Total Rip Of Buffy!

Originally posted by Azriel
        There was an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer that had this exact same premise. I mean come on! Jeez.

shhhh ("we don't mind when they ripoff buffy")

sincerely we don't mind.

its when they rip off three's company , I get mad.

Comment

Re: Re: Total Rip Of Buffy!

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
          shhhh ("we don't mind when they ripoff buffy")

sincerely we don't mind.

its when they rip off three's company , I get mad.
          yeah, if you're going to steal from someone do it from the best! And there are few out there better than Joss Whedon!

Comment

sigh its a retelling of a superman comic "for the man who has everything"

Comment

When it comes to genre TV shows, you have to expect them to use similar themes. It really can't be helped. Invisible foes. Amnesia. Evil twins. Body swapping. Mind whammies. They all get used by genre shows at some point, and just because one show uses the same theme another used doesn't mean they are ripping the other show off.

However, when two shows do episodes based on a similar theme, you can definately compare the episodes and judge which show handled things better.

I actually didn't care for "Normal Again" (BtVS), while I didn't mind "Labyrinth" quite as much. Not that "Normal Again" wasn't well done, but I hated that, "Is the dream world actually the real one? Is everything we've been watching for the past six years an illusion in Buffy's head?" thing they did at the end. It struck me as an attempt to be "deep" that didn't really work for me.

That being said, BtVS still rules! BtVS reached it's potential (and maintain its high quality for several seasons) in a way SV has never quite managed.

Comment

I never watched Buffy, so i can't speak on that, but i still gotta side with all the people that say similar themes and similar concepts make some similar stories inevitable. just like all spy movies have guns, girls and explosions. all sports movies have some underdog element. meh, it's part of tv.

Comment

They actually did the same thing in Charmed called Brain Drain; its nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by griffyn612
                    there is nothing original left anywhere. the last original thought was '24', and that was 5 or 6 years ago. Nothing since then. Creativity is dead. Long live monotonous brain-sucking television.
                    How is 24 original?

Comment

It's the first show to be in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
                        When it comes to genre TV shows, you have to expect them to use similar themes. It really can't be helped. Invisible foes. Amnesia. Evil twins. Body swapping. Mind whammies. They all get used by genre shows at some point, and just because one show uses the same theme another used doesn't mean they are ripping the other show off.

However, when two shows do episodes based on a similar theme, you can definately compare the episodes and judge which show handled things better.

I actually didn't care for "Normal Again" (BtVS), while I didn't mind "Labyrinth" quite as much. Not that "Normal Again" wasn't well done, but I hated that, "Is the dream world actually the real one? Is everything we've been watching for the past six years an illusion in Buffy's head?" thing they did at the end. It struck me as an attempt to be "deep" that didn't really work for me.

That being said, BtVS still rules! BtVS reached it's potential (and maintain its high quality for several seasons) in a way SV has never quite managed.
                        Exactly, Danny. some themes are just recurring.

And i feel the exact same way about Buffy and the episode "Normal Again".

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
                          True, but I was actually thinking of the second part of the season 7 opener "Shadows and Symbols". It has Sisco as the Benny character from "Far Beyond the Stars" in an asylum because of his stories.
                          Oh yeah, the Pah-wraith vision. It took me a few times to realize the guy at the assylum was Damar out of custome.....

Comment

I agree, originality has given way to redundancy. However, like Buffy, Smallville can forge ahead successfully if they only would focus on more heroism from CK. He should be seriously kicking butt. Instead, he seems incapable of beating anyone without a helping hand half the time. The whole soap opera angle gets sickening and quite frankly makes the world's greatest superhero look like nothing but a big, dumb farmboy. How come Oliver was able to put saving the world ahead of his relationship with Lois but CK keeps orbiting Lana like a bad smell. I thought he was supposed to be focusing on zoners!

Comment

You know, if I actually watched buffy I might care.....actually I probably wouldn't. The fact is that this "type" of episode is done a lot, but in the case of Labyrinth, I felt it was done so well that it doesn't matter.

Comment

I thought that too. I called it when I saw it. I don't memmer how Smallville's went. No one can top Buffy! In the comics she was in a mental hospital in the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎