Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Rip Of Buffy!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you look back on all the movies and TV shows over the years you will find that someone somewhere has all readly done something like it before... Just check out some old Betty Davis movies and you will see what I mean...

Jack

Comment

When I saw the trailer, heard the details to Labyrinth I went "oh, like that Buffy episode". But the plot has been seen many times before (in the comics as well). If you have a hero of any kind, especially one with powers, you always have to have a "what if it weren't true?" story (and an amnesia story, and a lose their powers story, and a what if the one person I don't want to find out about me finds out about me, etc., etc., etc.).

I just wasn't ready for how much like that Buffy episode it was.

Still, if you're going to borrow, borrow from the best, I say! (and frankly, there are few better than Joss Whedon!)

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel
        I'm not saying that Buffy is the Holy Grail of t.v. I am saying that it's been done. So, why do it again? I mean Heroes is almost the same as X-Men but atleast they keep it fresh. Smallville is starting to get stail, I have been watching it since the start and it sucks that it's getting tired.
        I think the main problem here is, you can't say Smallville was copying Buffy and that was a baad and unoriginal thing to do and NOT point out that Buffy just stole that idea from another source anyways. I loved Buffy too, but most of their plot ideas did come from other sources first. They just did it so damn it good, it's easy to forget sometimes, hehe.

Comment

Joss Whedon is THE MAN.
          shirkie

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
            When I saw the trailer, heard the details to Labyrinth I went "oh, like that Buffy episode". But the plot has been seen many times before (in the comics as well). If you have a hero of any kind, especially one with powers, you always have to have a "what if it weren't true?" story (and an amnesia story, and a lose their powers story, and a what if the one person I don't want to find out about me finds out about me, etc., etc., etc.).

I just wasn't ready for how much like that Buffy episode it was.

Still, if you're going to borrow, borrow from the best, I say! (and frankly, there are few better than Joss Whedon!)
            Joss Whedon is one of the greatest writers. The WB and Fox screwed him over! If it hadn't been for Whedon's Buffy and Angel making theWB a steady network, Smallville might not have come into existence.

Comment

Who cares buffy went downhill, and it was a good ep anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by XxKidMenuxX
                Who cares buffy went downhill, and it was a good ep anyway.
                Blaspemy!!!!

Comment

if you guys ever saw the superman cartoon, it was very similar to this episode, you guys gotta stop thinking its ripping anyone off.

i think smallville is getting better and better
                  you guys always saying how boring its getting how bad its getting
                  if you can come up with something better, why don't you write a script and lets see if we like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaded Wolf
                    Star Trek: The Next Generation "Frames of Minds" and Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Normal Again" are the two that come to mind. Buffy was injected by a demon to cause her hallucinations. Like I said in another post, I find it funny that the creators who work for the network formerly known as theWB copy Joss Whedon's work who happened to have been screwed twice by said former network. Maybe they shouldn't have got rid of his shows after all.
                    Star Trek Deep Space Nine and Voyager to lesser extent did it too. DS9 even had a mini arc or several episodes doing it.(at least two eps maybe three)

I think this was the first Superman based show to do it though..

Comment

at least this episode didn't try to become The Buffy Show. James Marsters and those vampires in Thirst almost made that episode feel like 100% Buffy

Comment

STS9's Far Beyond the Stars is similar but that Sisko wouldn't have died from it and no one sinister is behind the visions. Rather it was the Prophets giving him signs of what's to come.

Comment

mctor stole my Chlark Side avatar that LexGirl made special for me!!

on topic: Old concept, retold with new characters. Nothing new in the realm of storytelling, including the great Buffy.

Comment

Since we are naming t.v. shows
                            Farscape, Season 2, Episode 15 "Won't Get Fooled Again". One of my favourite twists on main hero in straighjacket being told things are different than what he/she thinks!

I've read a lot of science fiction. There's many stories like this in print too. But every show/story makes it their own.

Comment

Originally posted by hansioux
                              STS9's Far Beyond the Stars is similar but that Sisko wouldn't have died from it and no one sinister is behind the visions. Rather it was the Prophets giving him signs of what's to come.
                              True, but I was actually thinking of the second part of the season 7 opener "Shadows and Symbols". It has Sisco as the Benny character from "Far Beyond the Stars" in an asylum because of his stories.

Comment

ok you ever here of the superman comic "for the man who has everything" look it up

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎