No announcement yet.

Total Rip Of Buffy!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Rip Of Buffy!

There was an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer that had this exact same premise. I mean come on! Jeez.

i agree. in Buffy, it was a demon that stabbed her and injected her with a poison or whatever that led her to believe she was going crazy and would 'kill' her if she bought into the dream.

I swear MM even said in this one that the Phantom had injected itself into him or something. Can we find out who wrote this one and determine if there's one person going around with this plot to all the shows?

They did it on Stargate: Atlantis too, where the chick was halucinating in an imaginary world where she was in a mental institution.

Comment

Re: Total Rip Of Buffy!

Originally posted by Azriel
      There was an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer that had this exact same premise. I mean come on! Jeez.
      In fairness, that premise had been used on tv shows before Buffy, as well.

Comment

Well, I've also seen this on Charmed,the X-files, and the 4400. I think there are certain plots every sci-fi show does eventually. Especially in shows like the ones mentioned. The hero wishes that they were normal or that their life is just some crazy dream but they always realize at the end that they must embrace their destiny. It helps in character development.

Comment

my point exactly. writers got to come up with something original. i mean i don't know about you i don't like rehashes of already done premises.

Comment

I get what you're saying. But Smallville is notorious for ripping off of other shows or movies so you kind of have to expect it. I wish they would jump out of their box and try totally different stuff but the writers seem nervous about trying something new. However, I did like this episode, atleast until the Clark loving Lana line.

Comment

The premise has been used in just about ALL forms of storytelling throughout the centuries. It's not ripping off Buffy, it's not ripping off anyone unless you can pinpoint the exact first person to use the premise, which I doubt can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by emily feist
                I get what you're saying. But Smallville is notorious for ripping off of other shows or movies so you kind of have to expect it. I wish they would jump out of their box and try totally different stuff but the writers seem nervous about trying something new. However, I did like this episode, atleast until the Clark loving Lana line.
                there is nothing original left anywhere. the last original thought was '24', and that was 5 or 6 years ago. Nothing since then. Creativity is dead. Long live monotonous brain-sucking television.

Comment

Remember 'Mercy' ? ...

Comment

Star Trek: TNG did this premise too. So Buffy isn't the be all and end all of TV.

Comment

Star Trek: The Next Generation "Frames of Minds" and Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Normal Again" are the two that come to mind. Buffy was injected by a demon to cause her hallucinations. Like I said in another post, I find it funny that the creators who work for the network formerly known as theWB copy Joss Whedon's work who happened to have been screwed twice by said former network. Maybe they shouldn't have got rid of his shows after all.

Comment

IT also sorta reminds me of season 5 on Angel when Spike is going hellbound.

Comment

I'm not saying that Buffy is the Holy Grail of t.v. I am saying that it's been done. So, why do it again? I mean Heroes is almost the same as X-Men but atleast they keep it fresh. Smallville is starting to get stail, I have been watching it since the start and it sucks that it's getting tired.

Comment

I think there was a big difference between the buffy episode and the smallville episode. in the buffy episode you werent realy given a clear answer which place was real and what place was not(slayer/not slayer) i thought that in smallville it was made pretty clear that he was in an alternate universe that the phantom created from his memories

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel
                              I'm not saying that Buffy is the Holy Grail of t.v. I am saying that it's been done. So, why do it again? I mean Heroes is almost the same as X-Men but atleast they keep it fresh. Smallville is starting to get stail, I have been watching it since the start and it sucks that it's getting tired.
                              Why do it if it's been done before? Because *everything* has been done before. Trying to avoid doing anything that someone might recognize from some other show or book is nigh impossible. Also, as for Heroes originality, it's a great show, but it most certainly has done plenty that's been done before. One, the relationship between Claire and Zach, the popular girl learning to love the geeky guy (or at least be friends with him). Seen it. Did you see the last Heroes episode? Hiro is on a quest for a magic sword that will focus his powers. Also been done before.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎