X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send a Little Love My Way

Title: Send a Little Love My Way
    Pairing: Lex/Lois friendship that turns into romance
    Rating: PG-13
    Summary: After both their relationships end the two become closer friends and discover something more...

Chapter One: There is No Modern Romance

It was over. She told him she loved him and he said he loved her. It wasn't enough. It should have been. He left Smallville anyway. He would never come back and he wouldn't tell her why.

Lois laid in bed staring at the ceiling as she listened to the heart breaking music of Fiona Apple. She was wallowing. She hated to wallow over a guy, but Oliver had meant so much to her. At first, she wanted to brush the whole painful situation off. Unfortunately, Clark and Chloe wouldn't let her forget. They wanted her to talk to them about her feelings. They pushed her and pushed her until the tears finally found their release down her cheeks. After hours of their consoling they left her alone in her room. Staring at the ceiling she kept playing the scene over and over.
    "I'm leaving Smallville"-Ollie
    "Well, don't expect me to be here waiting for you when you come back"-Lois
    "I'm not coming back"-Ollie

He wasn't coming back. No matter how angry she had been with him when he said those final words she couldn't help but to break down. She had hoped that he would fight for her, but he didn't.
    Lois took her eyes from the ceiling and decided to go to sleep. There was no use in trying to figure out what went wrong. It wouldn't bring him back.

Lex sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the empty closet that lay open in front of him. She had left him. It was inevitable, he supposed. She would always be in love with Clark Kent even if Clark didn't want her anymore. Lex had tried to give her all the love he thought she deserved, but after all his efforts she chose him instead. She chose to pine for a man who couldn't even look at her instead of accepting Lex.
    Feeling the pain deepen in his heart Lex picked up his bottle of scotch from the side table. He downed the whole bottle. The liquor took some of the edge off. He was never great at dealing with emotional pain. When he was young he slept with any pretty face that smiled his way just so he wouldn't feel the loneliness that followed him. He hated being lonely. He really hoped that Lana would grow to love him the way he had loved her. He wanted to be her one and only. Relaxing against the sofa a tragic thought dawned on him. Maybe I'm destined to be alone.
    Last edited by emily feist; 01-23-2007, 04:54 PM.

Just a fun note to anyone who will read this fic. All of the chapter titles derive from lyrics of different love songs. The title of the entire fic comes from a Tegan and Sara song called, "Don't Confess(This thing that breaks my heart). Although the song is a little sad I loved the line, "send a little love my way". The title of chapter one is a line from The Yeah Yeah Yeahs song, "Modern Romance". You guys can guess what songs the rest of the upcoming chapters are from. I'll tell you if you get it right. I just thought it would be fun to incorporate a music element to this fic. Music is such a big part of my life so I wanted to have it as a connection to the storyline. Well, I be updating this tomorrow.

Comment

Come on!! Post moreee!! pleaseeee!!!

Comment

It's great to see someone respond finally. I almost didn't want to continue this fic because people never seem to come to the Lex/Lois section. Anyway here is the next part. Try to guess what song/artist the title is from. Enjoy!

Chapter Two: Not About Love

Lois sat alone by the window in the Talon. She was reading a novel by D.H. Lawrence. He was the master of sensual love. Although the last thing Lois wanted to think about was love she couldn't ignore her own growing sexual frustrations. Her and Ollie were never intimate which drove her crazy because he was so handsome. She usually read when she needed to escape from her own problems. Reading about someone elses love problems made her feel a little better about her own, even if it was a work of fiction.

Lex came into the Talon and ordered a blueberry muffin. He surveyed the room to find a place to sit down. Every booth and table looked filled except for one. Lois had an empty seat at her booth. Lex rolled his eyes at the thought of sharing a table with Lois Lane. He never really took to her. She was always combative. Sometimes he thought she was physically incapable of keeping her mouth shut. Their last real conversation seemed like a battle unto itself. She accused him of being another spoiled rich kid and he fired back by calling her a college drop out muffin peddler. Lex debated on just taking the muffin to go but he decided to bite the bullet and just go over to her. Lex Luthor wasn't the kind of man to change his plans because of fear of confrontation.

Lois was so into her book that she didn't notice lex place his coat over the empty booth seat. It wasn't until he cleared his throat that she saw him sitting across from her.
        "Why are you sitting with me?," Lois asked in annoyance.
        "If you haven't noticed the place is filled and you have the last free seat. Believe me I wouldn't be sitting here unless I had to."
        "You're a real treat. I don't know why we never became friends," she said rolling her eyes.
        "Well, you know when one person can't refrain from speaking their closed minded opinion every other second, it makes it difficult to really understand one another," he said with his trademark smirk.
        "God, just leave me alone. Just because we're sitting together doesn't mean we have to speak to each other"
        "My thoughts exactly," he said as he took out a copy of the Daily Planet and began reading.

Lois couldn't stand Lex Luthor's arrogance. He acted like he owned the whole world just because he was a Luthor. She was thankful that Lana left him when she had the chance. Lex was a real jerk and Lois didn't want her friend to be his Stepford wife. Lois was over the playboy billionaire fantasy. After the heartbreak Ollie put her through she didn't think she would ever trust another rich guy again. She seemed to attract them like bees to honey. Before Ollie she dated Bruce Wayne and that was a really difficult relationship. He ran off on her more than Ollie did. Both Ollie and Bruce were good men but not great boyfriends. She made a vow that she would leave the trust fund boys alone from now on. But Lex Luthor was never included in that bunch. She wouldn't date him if he was the last man left in the universe.

Lex tried to get into the paper but couldn't put aside his annoyance at Lois' comments. She always knew just what to say to anger him. He couldn't stand how arrogant she could be. He looked over at her and noticed she was reading a D.H Lawrence novel. Inwardly, he laughed to himself. Lois was obviously craving a romantic fantasy after her break up with Oliver. He had seen a story about them on Linda Lakes column. He knew they wouldn't last. Oliver was never the kind of guy to do the long term relationship. Lex decided to poke some fun at Lois' reading choice. He wanted to have a little fun today. It was better than missing Lana.
        "D.H. Lawrence. I would never of thought that you'd be reading, well anything as interesting as that, Lois."
        "For your information I've always been quite the literature buff. Just because I don't quote philosopers anytime I can't think of my own words doesn't mean I'm without culture," she said with a clever smile.
        "Well, in my experience when a woman delves into D.H.'s works she's often yearning for something that she isn't finding in her real life. How are you and Oliver?"
        "Real cute. Trying to pretend that you don't know we broke up. But then again it's easier to throw stones at me then to figure out why your own windows are broken," she said triumphantly
        "Touche. We've both been through a fair share of romantic trauma. I like to verbally spar when I'm frustrated whereas you like to read about sexual affairs. I guess you're frustrated in a different way," he said nibbling his muffin.
        "What I'm reading is no concern of yours. Although you think you have a right to know everyone's business, " she said.
        "Isn't that calling the kettle black. Lois, I'd die of shock if you ever kept your thoughts to yourself when it comes to other people's lives."
        "You'd die of shock. I really need to work on that then," she said coyly.
        Lex smiled at her and she smiled back. It was a strange moment. They were in the middle of one ongoing battle, yet the tone had changed from scathing comments to a light sarcasm immersed with sexual tension. Lex placed his muffin in his bag. Lois watched him awaiting his comeback.
        "I must go. You played this round well, but I will win the next," he said in a slightly husky tone.
        "If there's a next round," Lois said with the same huskiness.
        Lex looked at her for a moment and then turned to go. Lois felt aroused and annoyed by the situation. She was especially confused about her arousal or why she flirted with Lex at the end of their argument. More importantly why did he flirt with her? Lois shook the thoughts from her mind and tried to get back into her book. She was just imagining things.

As Lex drove his car home he couldn't help but to feel intrigued by his conversation with Lois. It had started off so harshly and ended with an almost flirtatious tone. But then this was Lois Lane he was talking about. He hated her and she hated him. There was no attraction. But Lex couldn't help but think of the way she responded to him before he left. The tone in her voice was promising something more than just another fight. Thinking back he wondered if his own tone was asking for the same thing.
        Last edited by emily feist; 04-09-2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I believe that if there are fans (and they aren't few eH!) of the relation between Lois and Lex.

But I think that sometimes it is difficult to accept it ... or sometimes you preferred other pairs... like clana, clois, chlark, etc

I accepted! I'm CLOISTA, but lately I like also LEXOIS!

Why lose the encourage/spirit and no to continue it?

There are people who reads it! I believe it!

Come on! you can!!!
          Encourage!!!
          Aahh Post more!! pleasee!!

Increasingly interesting!!...

Pd. yeah .... I know... my writing in english suckS!! ... sometimes I don't even understand myself ... sorry

Comment

great

Comment

Thanks for the good feedback. I'll post more tomorrow. You guys can also read my finished Lex/Lois story "My Darkest Secret " found in this same forum.

Comment

Here is the next part. Enjoy!

Chapter 3- You Bring Out The Whiskey In Me

Lois had been feeling less upset over her break up with Ollie. It had been four weeks since the event and she was finally feeling like herself again. The pain was still there but now she felt like she could function again.
                Lois decided to treat herself for a change. She had been working so hard at the Inquisitor that she thought a weekend to herself was well deserved. She reserved a room for herself at the Metropolis Luxury Hotel, which was a bit pricey but Lois decided to splurge for a change.
                After a six hour drive to Metropolis and enduring a twenty minute delay because of road construction, she was more than relieved to finally make it to her suite.
                The room had a queen size bed, mini bar, jacuzzi bath tub, and even a little kitchen. The view was the most amazing part. Lois opened the curtains and saw the Metropolis sky line. Lois took in the scene and sighed with happiness. She was finally going to have some time alone, away from her hearbreak, her job, Smallville, and any annoying run ins with Lex Luthor. She couldn't wait to just relax.

Lex needed some time away from Smallville. He thought of traveling to the beach house in the Hamptons but decided against it. The weather had been colder than usual. After some consideration he chose to stay at one of his favorite hotels, The Metropolis Luxury Hotel. It was the perfect place to relax and be alone for a weekend. The best part was that Lana had never stayed there with him. Nothing would remind him of the break up.

Lex came into his room and laid his bag on the bed. The view of the Metropolis skyline caught his eye and he let out a sigh of calm. He walked to the mini bar and took out a bottle of water. He sat down on the bed and drank from the bottle as he peered out the window.
                He began to think about Smallville and how tired he had become of the town and everyone in it. Of all the people he loathed he found Lois to be one to stick out the most. He chuckled to himself. Atleast he wouldn't have to run into her here.
                After a few minutes of settling his things in the room Lex decided to take a walk to his favorite restaurant, Joie, which was across the street. As Lex walked out of his room he heard someone also stepping out of the room next to him. When he turned to see who it was he was shocked to find Lois Lane locking her door.
                "Lois? What are you doing here?"
                Lois looked up to see Lex Luthor beside her. God was playing another cruel joke on her. Of all the hotels in all the world he had to come into mine.
                "Well, I came here to get some relax time in, but seeing who my next store neighbor is has brought the stress back full force," she said with her arms folded across her chest.
                "You're not the only one let down by the situation. You're not exactly Miss Congeniality"
                "And you're no Prince Charming," she said turning down the hall.
                Lex followed her.
                "I didn't think the conversation was over? It's quite rude to turn your back on someone in the middle of a sparring session".
                "Look, I'm not in the mood Lex. I'll do my thing and you do yours and no one's weekend will be ruined," she said as she pushed the elevator button.
                "Well, seeing as we're taking the same elevator and staying next store to one another I doubt we'll be able to completely avoid an occasional run in," he said as the doors finally opened.
                The two walked into the elevator. Lois took in a deep sigh. She hadn't signed on for this. Of all the people she could've ran into it had to be the man she loathed the most, Lex Luthor.
                "Well, let's atleast be civil to each other if we do have a run in. I mean I came to relax not put you in your place every second. However, if I don't bust your chops than no one else will," she said in a mocking tone.
                "And if I don't silence you with one of my clever comebacks then no one will be able to see Lois Lane speechless. I really am a humanitarian when I can make you do that," he said with a vicious laugh.
                "You don't make me do anything you third rate Richie Rich, arrogant...
                "What happened to civility?" he said with a triumphant smile
                Before Lois could verbally destroy him any further the elevator doors opened to the ground floor.
                Lois walked out ahead of Lex in a huff. She hated it when he got the last word. He was such an egotistical jerk. She wasn't going to let him ruin her evening. After a night of dancing and drinking she'd be back to her fun mood.
                Lex walked out the hotel door and watched Lois hail a cab. He loved getting the last word. He could tell by her hurried walk to the cab that he had bested her. Feeling delighted with his mischievious actions he decided to save the restaurant for another night and go to his favorite dance club, Liquid. Hell, maybe he'd even get a one night stand out of it. He felt like having a wild time and for some reason pestering Lois made him feel strangley amped up. He wanted female companionship tonight. His body was craving it.
                Last edited by emily feist; 04-13-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Wow... jujuju I want to know what will happen in "Liquid"!!

Come on!! pOsT moReee!!! pleasee!!

Comment

Chapter 4-Dazed and Confused

Liquid was packed with people. The music was coming out of the walls, and the energy was high. Lois wanted to get a drink before making her rounds. She was hoping to meet someone tonight. One nighters had never been her thing but since the break up and her irritating conflicts with Lex, she felt like she needed a release.
                    Lois sat on a bar stool and tried to get the bartenders' attention. He was preoccupied with two bleach blondes sitting on the other side. Finally, after having to practically yell for his attention he came over.
                    "Hi, pretty lady. What are you craving?" he said with a wink.
                    Lois inwardly groaned. She knew she'd encounter some sleeze balls, but she really didn't need it from the bartender, especially when he just tried to get into the pants of the wanna be Hilton sisters.
                    "Get me a sweet vermouth on the rocks with a twist," she said in a deadpan manner.
                    "Sure,... I guess you're not much of a talker, huh?"
                    "You obviously have never met Lois Lane," a voice said behind them
                    Lois could recognize that smug voice anywhere. It was Lex, again.
                    "God, are you stalking me now?" she said as she sipped her drink
                    "Don't flatter yourself. This just happens to be my favorite club in Metropolis."
                    Lois rolled her eyes. It was then that she noticed a woman checking Lex out.
                    "It looks like you got an admirer. Poor girl. No morals," she said with a laugh.
                    Lois got up before Lex could make a sarcastic retort. He watched her walk toward the dance floor.
                    Lex sat down on the bar stool and ordered a whiskey sour. The young woman that had been scoping him out earlier proceeded to take up a seat near Lex.
                    "Hello stranger," she said with a seductive tone
                    "Now who might you be?" he asked
                    "I'm all your fantasies and all your desires." she said getting closer to him.
                    Lex smiled. He missed this cat and mouse game. The thrill of someone new.
                    "I never thought all my dreams would be so sexy" he said pushing a hair from her face.
                    "Well, life is full of....
                    "Hey Bartender! Get the manager. A woman is beating up a guy real bad," a club kid yelled.
                    Lex turned to see Lois punching a guy in the face. Forgetting his conquest, he ran toward Lois. He saw the man fall down to the ground unconscious. The guy's friends were yelling at Lois and wanted to fight her too.
                    "Lois, what the hell is going on?"
                    "That Romeo on the ground, pushed me against the wall and put his hand up my dress. So I punched him. Now his drunk friends are trying to start something," she said
                    "She's a lying tramp. He wouldn't do that. You broke his nose," said one of the man's friends.
                    "He better be lucky that's all I broke"
                    It was then that the man tried to swing at Lois, but Lex pushed him to the ground. The man tried to fight him off, but Lex punched him out.
                    Lex stood up and looked at Lois. He could hear police sirens outside the club. It felt like Club Zero all over again.
                    "We better get out of here. Let's take the back exit," he said as he pulled Lois along.

Lois and Lex sat in silence as they rode in his limo. Lois couldn't believe that Lex had fought to protect her. Lex couldn't believe it either. They were used to knocking each other down, not helping each other out.
                    Lois glanced in Lex's direction. He was staring out the window. She noticed his hand had some blood on it. She took some tissues from her purse and moved to sit next to Lex. He turned to her in surprise.
                    "I'm just gonna clean that blood off," she said reassuredly
                    "Uh...thanks," he said
                    "Well, even though I didn't need your help...I did appreciate it. Thank you too," she said as she bit her lip.
                    The two smiled awkwardly at one another. Feeling uncomfortable Lois decided to change the subject.
                    "So, did you get her number?," she said.
                    Lex didn't hear her question at first. He was suddenly overwhelmed with the smell of her perfume.
                    "Lex?"
                    "Oh, I didn't get her number. I was interrupted by your bar fight."
                    "I was responsible for you not getting laid? Well, I'm glad. I saved that girl the horror of being one of thousands in your litle black book," she said in her snarky tone.
                    "Oh Lois, Bitterness isn't very fashionable. Just because you were one of thousands for Ollie doesn't mean you have to take it out on me," he said as he drew his face closer to hers.
                    "Screw you Lex"
                    Lex smiled and leaned back into his seat. Lois threw the tissue down and began looking out the window. They had gone from friendliness to mortal enemies in two minutes flat.
                    Lois felt so confused by what she was feeling. When she saw Lex punch that jerk out she felt really turned on. She never thought of Lex as a manly man. But then again he was still Lex Luthor. The man with hundreds of scathing comments and many centering on her former relationship.

Lex watched Lois from the corner of his eye. He scanned over her body. She had an amazing figure. A real woman with curves. The dress she was wearing only accentuated her voluptuous body. He quickly shook his head and pushed those thoughts away. This was Lois Lane he was lusting for. He wondered if someone had slipped a hallucinogen in his drink. There was no way he'd ever think about Lois Lane in a sexual way without drugs being involved.
                    Lex looked at her some more and began thinking about how gracious she had been. He never heard her say thank you before, it was nice to hear. It was even nicer to see her be gentle and wipe the blood from his hand. Lex turned to look out his window and sighed. He felt so confused about Lois. One minute she was his nemesis and the next she was a woman he thought of kissing.
                    The limo finally pulled up to their hotel. It was three in the morning and both were ready to call it a night.
                    When Lex and Lois finally made it to their suites the two gave each other a glance.
                    Before going into his room Lex turned to Lois.
                    "Sleep well," he said
                    "You too," she said
                    The two slammed their doors shut.
                    Lex laid on his bed and wondered what the hell was going on between them. A part of him wished Lois had joined him in his room, and that thought scared him.

Lois laid on her bed. She wondered what that last look Lex gave her, had meant. It felt like he wanted her to join him. Maybe she read it wrong. She hated this weird uncertainty she felt. Things used to be black and white. Lex was the enemy and she fought him. But now things had become gray, and she didn't understand when that happened.
                    Last edited by emily feist; 04-13-2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

wow... everytime more and more interesting!!

post more!! pleasE!

Comment

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Things are gonna get even more interesting between these two.

Chapter 5- Read My Mind

Lois couldn't seem to fall asleep. It was almost four in the morning and she couldn't stop thinking about Lex. He drove her crazy and could be so harsh, yet he'd shown her how caring he could be too. She debated whether or not to go to his room. He could be sound asleep. But then again maybe he was thinking of her too. Lois finally decided to bite the bullet and visit Lex. She realy didn't know what she would say. Instead of going empty handed she took some scotch out of the bar and got some glasses from the kitchen. A late night drink could do them both some good.

Lex was laying in his bed staring at the ceiling. He kept going over the last few encounters he had with Lois. Her flirtatious tone at the Talon, her unabashed anger as they went to the elevator, and her genuine care for him as they rode in the limo. She was such a fiery woman. He liked that about her, well, sometimes. He also thought she should just relax a bit. Not always think the worst of him. But then again she probably didn't think about him at all.
                        Suddenly a knock from the door broke Lex from his thoughts.
                        Lex went to open the door and found Lois in her robe holding a bottle of scotch.
                        "Lois?"
                        "I know it's very late or early depending on how you look at it, but I couldn't sleep and thought maybe you couldn't either," she said as she held the scotch up.
                        Lex was intrigued. Lois seemed nervous. She was never nervous. Maybe he had gotten under her skin. Suddenly the thought of being anywhere under Lois made him swallow anxiously.
                        "A drink would be good. Come in and make yourself comfortable,"he said.
                        Lois walked past him and scanned the room for a chair. She really didn't think sitting on his bed would be the best idea. Lex noticed the battle going on within Lois and smiled to himself. She did like him.
                        "Lois, you can sit on the bed it's not going to hurt you, I promise," he said as he sat down on the matress.
                        Not wanting to show her anxiety, Lois sat next to Lex. She smiled at him and then proceeded to pour the scotch into the glasses. Lex could still smell her perfume. His eyes closed for a minute while he took it in.
                        Lois turned to give him his glass and saw his eyes closed.
                        "So, you are tired?" she said somewhat let down.
                        His eyes opened. He felt very embarrassed that she found him intoxicated by her smell.
                        "Oh, I was just thinking. I'm up for a drink," he said as he took the glass from her hand.
                        "We should toast," she said
                        "To what? The horrible break ups and a horrible night," he said with a sad tone. She looked at him and could see the pain in his eyes. The last few months had really been rough on both of them.
                        "To...surprises," she said as she smiled at him.
                        "What do you mean?" he asked knowing full well what she meant.
                        "Tonight you were there for me and you didn't have to be. Why was that?" she asked.
                        "I would've done it for anyone," he said as he traced his finger over the rim of the glass.
                        "But you didn't just do it for anyone, you did it for me," she said softly.
                        He looked at her eyes and saw a deep desire. She wanted to know what they were doing. Why they always seemed to find each other when they weren't even looking. He wanted the same answers.
                        Lex held Lois' gaze. They were in a trance. Trying to read the others' mind and trying to know what to do next.
                        Lois finally broke eye contact and started to get up. Lex grabbed her arm.
                        "Lex? What are you.."
                        Lex pulled her on his lap and kissed her deeply on the mouth. At first she was so shocked that she didn't kiss him back. But she soon fell into his desire and tasted him as he tasted her. Eventually the two broke from the kiss gasping for air.
                        "Lois, stay with me," he said as he stroked her face
                        Lois wanted to lay with him yet it didn't seem right. Something wasn't right. They hardly knew each other outside of sarcastic comments. How could she sleep with Lex? Even though she wanted it she felt like they were rushing it.
                        Lois pulled out of Lex's embrace.
                        "This is too fast. One minute you're teasing me about Ollie and I'm teasing you about your love life and then the next your saving me from some drunk. Now you want to... well, we would just be rebounding with each other. There's no way you're over Lana and that I'm over Ollie. There is no way we'd even be attracted to each other if we weren't both so lonely," she said taking a breath. Lois ran her hands through her hair.
                        Lex sat watching her for a moment. Taking in her beautiful but flustered appearance. She was so cute when she was nervous.

"Maybe your right. We need to figure things out before we can do this," he said standing up.
                        "Yes, exactly what I mean," she said unsure of her own words.
                        "We'll become better friends first. No expectations. Then we'll see where that leads us," he said as he rubbed her hand with his.
                        "Sure... that's sounds like a plan...I better go back to my room," she said in a hurried manner.

Lex watched her flee from his room. He really wanted her, but he knew he would have to play by the rules until then. He fell on his bed and replayed the kiss over and over in his mind. She tasted so good. No one had ever tasted so good. He wanted to kiss her all night, all over. What kind of spell had Lois put him under?

Lois fell on her bed and smiled like a school girl. She had never been kissed like that before. She could still feel the aftershocks of it running through her body. God, he was so intense. It was difficult saying no to him, but something told her it was for the best. They needed to know each better before knowing each other like that. It didn't change the fact that her body was reeling from his embrace. Lois tried to think of something else, anything other than Lex. If she didn't she might go back in there and break all the rules.
                        Last edited by emily feist; 04-14-2007, 09:33 PM.

Comment

These are great. I think they are really awesome, and oyu did a god job with all the writing and emotions.

Comment

Ah!! Post more!! I begin to love this fic!!! ahh!!

Comment

Chapter 6- Secret Heart

The next day Lex awoke feeling a surge of energy that he thought he lost long ago. He felt happy to be alive and thankful for the opportunity to start over. It was strange to feel so optimisitc. Lois had triggered something in him. He loved the way they could battle each other and then change to being flirtatious and fun. Even though they were world's apart they understood one another. Lex was glad he didn't sleep with Lois the night before. He looked forward to taking this slow. When he really thought about it he didn't just want a one night stand. He wanted real love, eternal love. He wondered if Lois was the woman to finally give him the love he desired. Lex laughed to himself at the thought. He couldn't believe he was pondering a relationship between him and Lois. How did they ever get here? Lex decided not to place so much emphasis on the future. His biggest problem was looking for love in all the wrong places. He had to remind himself to take it slow. He would start by asking Lois out for lunch.

Lois was lost in a daydream as she brushed her hair. She couldn't remember feeling so excited. It was even more surprising to feel this way about Lex. He drove her crazy most of the time but a part of her loved the no holds bar confrontations they shared. She knew she could be a real masochist at times. She always seemed the most attracted to the complicated guarded types. Lex was definitely the poster child for the mysterious brooding guy. Lois was intriqued by the idea of Lex. He would be very different from others guys she had dated. He definitely wouldn't put up with her crap the way others had. The thought of that thrilled her. She would never admit it openly but she liked a man who wasn't afraid to put her in her place. She didn't want a wuss. Lex was a challenge. She liked that about him and hated that about him. She was glad that she didn't give into her base instincts the night before. She was all over the place emotionally. She was envisioning a relationship with Lex and they hadn't even been on a date yet. She laughed to herself. She would need to let things happen in their own time. There was no need to rush.
                              Lois started putting on her make-up when she heard the phone ring.
                              "Hello?"
                              "Lois, it's Lex."
                              "Oh,... um hi," she said nervously.
                              "I was wondering if you'd like to get lunch? I'm going to the La La Cafe. They have great omeletes..."
                              "Sure. I mean I'd enjoy that," she said feeling stupid for responding so suddenly.
                              "Great. I'll pick you up at your room at one."
                              "That would be good."
                              "I'm looking forward to seeing you," he said as he hit his head in annoyance that he was being so vulnerable.
                              "Me too," she said with a sheepish smile.
                              The two hung up. Both felt embarrassed at their own behavior. Usually their games were on when it came to the opposite sex but when it came to each other everything seemed upside down. The lunch date would either be amazing or a complete disaster. Lex and Lois preceded to get ready. The anxiety was building in both of them. Neither knew what to expect from this situation, but they were both excited to find out.
                              Last edited by emily feist; 05-20-2007, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎