No announcement yet.

Hiro's quest for the sword with the logo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiro's quest for the sword with the logo

Lol! He stold a prop sword. I liked his reaction.
    I'm glad Simone is helping him. Hopefully this sword will help him fully regain, or enhance his powers.

I bet it will be more of a confidence crutch more then an "enchanted sword".

I need to rewatch the episode, but while reading the legend of the sword, did Hiro & Ando find the answer to what the meaning of the symbol that appears everywhere?
    Last edited by STFanatic; 01-23-2007, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Yep. It was a combination of two characters which separetly mean "Great Talent" and "Godsend".

Comment

Yes!

Comment

That symbol appears only on one of the Heroes. Nikki/Jessica, well technically Jessica when you think about it. Does anyone else have it?

What if the sword is an enchanted sword and will help Nikki slay her inner dragon.

Comment

It shows up often, it is partally on the cop, it was in the pool on the first episode as a gardenhose and other floating debries, it was on the phone booth when Micha called Nikki, I have some screencaps of it somewhere on my computer, I will try to find them and post them here.
            If anyone else has some please post them.

EDIT:
            The symbol

The RNA-like symbolSpoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
            Appearing frequently throughout the series is a symbol that strongly resembles an RNA molecule. Said appearances include:

As a decorative object in the Bennets' home
            In a swimming pool at the scene of one of Sylar's murders. Several flotation devices form the shape.
            On a billboard behind Hiro in Times Square when he teleports there.
            Frequently on a computer screen, scrolling across a genetic profiling program created by Chandra Suresh.
            On a drawing done by Peter Petrelli.
            On various paintings by Isaac Mendez.
            On a post-it note on the map in Mohinder Suresh's apartment.
            Written on a geometry textbook owned by Claire Bennet.
            Written on pictures in Sylar's apartment.
            On Jessica's back whenever she surfaces as Niki's alternate personality.
            Engraved on the hilt of future Hiro's sword.
            Printed on the front of Chandra Suresh's book, Activating Evolution.
            Printed on the upper-left corner of the 14th issue of 9th Wonders! comic book, written by Isaac Mendez.
            On a necklace worn by the Haitian.
            On a picture of Niki as "Jessica", painted by Isaac. The symbol was hidden under an extra layer of paint.
            Drawn on a Greyhound bus sign, seen right before D.L. spots the runaway Micah in the episode Homecoming.

The mark
            A mark consisting of two black parallel lines has been shown around the necks of multiple super-powered characters. According to "Wireless, Part 4", the mark is a pair of incisions. All of the marked characters have had encounters with Mr. Bennet and/or the Haitian. The following only noticed the marks after these encounters:

Matt Parkman
            Theodore "Ted" Sprague
            Hana Gitelman (New character coming soon)
            Last edited by STFanatic; 01-23-2007, 09:08 AM.

Comment

This symbol:

Comment

Yeah I know the symbols appear on just about everything. All Im saying is that symbol in full appears on Nikki when shes Jessica. The other heroes only have one or maybe 2 lines of the symbol.

Maybe Im looking to deep for connections but what if Hiro has to kill Jessica using the sword. Seeing that he didn't stop her earlier when they were hiding in the bathroom during the poker game.

Comment

Perhaps that is the symbol for the organization Horn Rimmed Guy (Mr. Bennett) works for. He's always claiming that they are there to help the Heroes use their powers. Perhaps they know the story of Takezo Kensai and claimed the symbol of the sword as thier logo becuase the sword focused his power. Or perhaps they want to catalog and study all the powers to focus it and harness it and weild it like that sword. Hmm... I dunno.

I can't wait for Hiro to get his hands on it. I think it will focus his powers if only because it captures his imagination. I love the reference to Charlie and their 6 months together. Now I'm thinking that maybe there was a goodbye between them when he went back to the past (oh like samurai jack! LOL!). So when she meets him for the "first time" in the diner she knows him, and knows that he wouldn't remember her.

Comment

In the final scenes you see Hiro put the sword on his back.
                    With that big grin on his face.

Comment

Oh no! My VCR cut off before then.

Comment

I'll see if I can get a screenshot when it gets to that scene.
                        I didn't record it since I can see it online.

Comment

At this scene just before Jessica's God remark, Hiro puts the sword across his back.

Comment

Anyone else think that the sword that samurai found was actually left there by Hiro? I mean it has an RNA helix symbol on it, and that wasn't discovered till recently.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarknight
                              Anyone else think that the sword that samurai found was actually left there by Hiro? I mean it has an RNA helix symbol on it, and that wasn't discovered till recently.
                              Good thought, they could use that in a future story.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎