One More Last Chance...a "Hydro" one-shot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

One More Last Chance - Part IV
    A reworked ending for “Hydro.”

Lana could tell instantly that something wasn’t quite right, no matter how Clark tried to hide it. And since his last act had been to ‘x-ray’ her baby, she wanted to know, right now, what it was.

Anxious, as only a first-time expectant mother could be, Lana asked, “What is it, Clark?”

Clark kept his eyes lowered as he tried to regain some composure. But when his gaze returned to Lana’s face, she could see he was upset. Again, figuring it must be about her baby, Lana demanded to know what was going on.

Humph, Clark thought. I can tell one good thing that's come from Lana’s close association with Lex, she knows what she wants and has absolutely no hesitation in asking for it.

“It’s a good thing you’re already sitting down, Lana, because what I have to say will hurt you in ways that I, as a man, can’t possibly imagine.”

“Is it about my baby? About our baby?” Lana was clutching her abdomen now, fearful of what Clark had seen. He’s not a doctor, Lana thought. It must be bad if even he can tell something is wrong. “Please tell me.”

In the end, the only thing that was able to push Clark forward was the agony of uncertainty he saw on Lana’s face. He thought that for her, it was possible that the pain of all the possibilities she was dreading could be worse than facing the pain of the one truth, so he spoke.

“It is about our baby. Lana, I don’t know how to say this, but…”

Lana unconsciously leaned forward as she asked, “But what?”

“But…you’re not pregnant.”

“No…no…you must be mistaken, Clark. The obstetrician said everything was fine. He said my pregnancy is perfectly normal.”

“Is this doctor your doctor, or is he one of Lex’s?”

“I, uh, my obstetrician died during the Black Thursday riots. When I moved here to live in Lex’s mansion, his personal doctor recommended one. That’s who I go to now.”

“I’m telling you, Lana, you aren’t pregnant. If that doctor says you are, then he is lying and being paid or threatened by Lex.”

“But, Clark, I haven’t had my period since the first time Lex and I were together.”

“I don’t know what drug or drugs Lex is giving you, Lana, but you must be getting something to suppress your, uh, time of the month.” Clark place his left hand over his heart and held up his right hand in a rough approximation of a Boy Scout salute. “As sure as I’m standing here, Lana, you are not pregnant. Please, for your own sake, believe me.”

With all that had gone on in the last year with Clark and Lex, her one unalloyed joy had been the knowledge that she was about to be a mom. At first, the baby had been an unexpected intrusion into her life, but once she had gotten used to the idea, she had been looking forward to having a child of her own. She desperately didn’t want to believe Clark. In the back of her mind was even a small, irrational thought, quickly crushed, that Clark was just jealous of Lex. But it was looking at Clark that decided things for her.

Lana could see the veil of pain that descended over Clark’s face during her struggle to believe what he had said. It was then that she knew. There was no baby and never had been. She felt…bereft, like something incalculably precious had been torn away from her. Like Clark earlier, she was despondent, despairing, and desolate. She began to cry then, in response to a kind of pain she hadn’t felt since the death of her parents.

Clark immediately scooped Lana off of the couch and cradled her in his arms. He didn’t know what to say to a woman who had, for all intents and purposes, just lost her first child, so he said nothing. But there was nothing he could say. His warmth and support was exactly what she needed.

Once Lana cried herself out, revulsion took the place of her other feelings. Revulsion and rage. I can’t believe I ever loved that…that…thing, Lana thought. And I let him touch me intimately, all over…even inside me. I feel so unclean now. It’s a wonder Clark even wants to touch me. But not only is he touching me, he’s holding me in the most loving, gentle embrace.

Lana looked up at Clark for the first time since he picked her up, and asked hopefully, “Kiss me, Clark?”

Clark lifted Lana higher to bring her luscious lips within range of his and then kissed her. But while the kiss was warm and affectionate, Clark had completely missed out on Lana’s intent.

“I’m not your sister, Clark…kiss me like you mean it.”

“Huh?”

Lana was getting slightly exasperated. “Take everything you’ve ever felt about me and compress it into just one kiss. Make my toes curl, my skin tingle, and my lips go numb. Make it a kiss that I’ll leave only for the barest necessity of breathing.”

“Oh,” Clark replied. “Kiss you!” He shot her an impudent grin. “As you wish.” Bending to his task with relish, Clark did just as Lana asked. In the back of his mind, he could hear Peter Falk’s narration from The Princess Bride,

‘Since the invention of the kiss, there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.’

Clark poured all of the passion he had ever felt for Lana into that one kiss, and she responded in kind. With lips dancing and tongues probing, the kiss was all Lana had hoped for and more…far more. It felt to her as if each touch of Clark’s mouth washed away a bit of the filth that she felt had collected on her soul during her time with Lex.

Lana suddenly wanted to be clean everywhere, and industriously began to take off Clark’s clothes. He might have super-speed but his hands were busy holding Lana aloft. In any case, he wouldn’t have been a match for Lana’s hands, which felt to him like they were everywhere at once. In a blink, Clark’s blue shirt was held on only by his forearms, and Lana’s hands were roaming all over his chest as they continued to kiss.

When Clark finally let her down, it seemed like it was only a matter of moments before they were a tangle of bare arms and legs. Only once did Clark’s concerns about his strength come to the surface. He raised up off of Lana and said, “I don’t know if we should, I might hurt you with my strength.”

Lana’s reply had been to grab him behind the neck. As she pulled him back down to her, she said, “Shut up and kiss me. Don’t think, Clark, just be.”

And so they joined together for the first time in more than a year. Lana was wanting to forget Lex’s touch at the same time that Clark was trying to give her something new to remember, and they both succeeded.

Afterwards, they were laying together on the couch, with Clark on the bottom and Lana on top. Being between the heat source that was Clark Kent and a thick blanket, one that Clark had super-sped out of his mom’s upstairs linen closet, Lana felt surprisingly warm and comfortable.

It’s almost midnight, in the middle of January in Kansas, and I’m naked in a drafty barn, and I feel just fine. How weird is that? Lana thought. Not any weirder than being in love with an alien.

At the same time, Clark had a wicked thought go through his mind. He had recently watched a rerun of the movie Eurotrip on cable television. The fact that Lana was technically cheating on Lex right now, along with the fact that he thought she bore a startling resemblance to a character from that movie named Fiona, made a little ditty run through his head while he stroked Lana’s hair.

“Baldy Doesn’t Know” sung to the tune of “Scotty Doesn’t Know” from Eurotrip

Baldy doesn’t know
    That Lana and me
    Did it in my loft
    At midnight.

She told him she’s in town
    But she didn’t go
    Baldy doesn’t know!

Clark couldn’t stop humming it and soon, Lana noticed. When she asked him what he was humming, Clark confessed and Lana nearly died laughing. Soon, they were both singing the song at the top of their lungs. When they finally settled down, Lana said, “Lex might think I’m cheating on him, but I don’t. In my mind, I’ve already left Lex behind.”

“That’s so good to hear you say,” Clark said. “Though I did kinda like the idea that we were pulling a fast one on Lex.”

“Well, Clark, I’ll be your Fiona any day.”

Wiggling his eyebrows at her suggestively, Clark replied, “Does that include a red-and-black plaid schoolgirl miniskirt and a black bra under a white tank top?”

Lana slid her body up Clark’s until her face was immediately over his. “Don’t count on it,” she said as she kissed him quickly on the lips. “Though I might dress up like that just for you, in private, but only if you’re a very good boy.”

Comment

Clana in the loft; Baldy doesn't know; I think Clark would love to make sure Lex knows.

Finally, Clark & Lana are together again.

PPMS!
      Last edited by SVsleuth; 01-23-2007, 11:36 PM.

Comment

When you started about the Eurotrip comment... I was trying hard not to laugh out loud...

Well this sure was good!!!!

Maybe this time she will really get pregnant and with Clark's baby?

PPMS!!!
        Last edited by Nemu; 01-23-2007, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Clark better be a very good boy! lol. Now I wonder what Baldy will do when he finds out....

PPMS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal
            One More Last Chance - Part IV

At the same time, Clark had a wicked thought go through his mind. He had recently watched a rerun of the movie Eurotrip on cable television. The fact that Lana was technically cheating on Lex right now, along with the fact that he thought she bore a startling resemblance to a character from that movie named Fiona, made a little ditty run through his head while he stroked Lana’s hair.

“Baldy Doesn’t Know” sung to the tune of “Scotty Doesn’t Know” from Eurotrip[/font][/size]

Baldy doesn’t know
            That Lana and me
            Did it in my loft
            At midnight.

She told him she’s in town
            But she didn’t go
            Baldy doesn’t know!

[.”[/size][/font]

I love that part of your fic cardinal.....I can only dream that smallville actually turns out that way.....

Comment

eurotrip comment was jus too funny

Clark better be a very good boy lol

PPMS!

Comment

You guys thought the Eurotrip comment was great? Well, my favorite part was the quote from The Princess Bride--and I can believe very easily that it applies here.

Comment

One More Last Chance - Part V

Lana woke, in stages, from what felt to her like the most restful sleep of her life. Her eyes checked in first. Even though they were still closed, there was way too much light in the room for it to be her bedroom at the Luthor mansion.

Where am I? she wondered. I’m not in pain, so I shouldn’t be in a hospital. But Lana had so much experience with being in hospitals, that she was afraid to open her eyes and see for herself. Her sense of touch checked in next.

These definitely aren’t the silk sheets I’m used to. They do feel like perfectly good linen though. That just increased her hospital apprehensions. Instead of opening up, her eyes screwed up tight. She really didn’t want to take a look around now.

But her next set of senses to check in changed everything. It was her sense of smell. But it wasn’t the scent of a hearty Martha Kent breakfast that did it for Lana, it was the rugged, manly scent she had always associated with Clark. Her eyes shot wide open to see if this was real or just some kind of cruel dream. When she saw she was in Clark’s bedroom, the life-changing events of yesterday came back to Lana’s fog-shrouded brain in a rush.

Lana started drumming her heels and pounding her hands against the mattress as she squealed with delight. Her pure joy at being back with Clark was tempered somewhat by the knowledge that she wasn’t pregnant and never had been. One hand slid to her still flat abdomen. An abdomen that was not home to her child. That memory brought the other part of yesterday back to her mind.

She remembered the computer files she had read about the man she had been seriously considering marrying, and she became angry at Lex and ashamed of herself all over again. Lex is a turd! Lana thought. I’m going to get him back if it’s the last thing I ever do.

As Lana sat up and the quilt covering her tumbled toward her waist, she wondered what she was going to wear today. Since she hadn’t been expecting anything like this to happen when she had come over here yesterday, she hadn’t packed anything to wear. Lana was repelled by the idea of having to wear what she had worn the day before, but she was still a farm girl at heart, and she had done worse in her time, so she pulled on the jeans and cream-colored blouse she had been wearing and trudged downstairs to find out where the extra bath towels were located.

Clark had already filled Martha in on the situation before heading outside for his morning farm work, so what could have been a supremely awkward situation for both women was instead handled gracefully by Martha. She beamed to see Lana in her house once more, and after a warm exchange of greetings, Martha informed Lana that Clark was outside doing his farm work and that there were some towels under the sink in the bathroom.

Those two kids must be cats, Martha mused, since their relationship seems to have the full nine lives. The way they’ve been going, their relationship will need everyone of those nine lives, too.

After Lana sluiced the grime and perspiration of the previous day from her body, she toweled off and headed back to her room with one towel wrapped around her from just about her breasts to mid-thigh, and another one wrapped around her hair.

Just as Lana disappeared back into Clark’s bedroom, Clark made his way upstairs to take his shower before breakfast.

Clark had no sooner disappeared into the bathroom, than Lana came back out of the bedroom, drying her hair with the head towel, as she headed downstairs to ask to borrow Martha’s toiletries for the day. Martha readily agreed, but assuming Lana had met Clark on her way down, failed to mention he had just gone up to shower.

Lana used what she needed from Martha’s bathroom before heading back upstairs to brush out her hair before it dried completely. Once her hair was arranged decently, she removed her body towel to get dressed but remembered she had left her jeans and blouse in the bathroom, so she put the towel back on and held it in place with one hand while she scurried across the hall and into the bathroom.

Her clothes had been placed neatly on the towel rack, but now a big, thick terry cloth towel was hanging there instead, and it was obvious the shower was running. Lana’s first thought was to given into temptation, drop her towel, and join Clark under the strong flow of hot water for something that would prove to be hotter still.

Only her desire to win back Martha’s respect kept Lana from fulfilling that particular fantasy on the spot. Instead, Lana searched frantically for her clothes, while using only one hand. She found them, finally, sitting under Clark’s clothes on top of the closed toilet seat.

Ewww! Lana thought. You’d think he could’ve picked a more sanitary location for my clothes. Now what am I gonna wear?

Lana was focused enough on her clothes, that the sound of the water being turned off didn’t really register in her mind. She was of half a mind to get revenge by making off with all of the towels and Clark’s clothes, forcing him to parade to his bedroom naked as a jaybird and plead through the locked door for something to wear.

The only problem with her plan was the fact that she was standing too close to the towel rack when she grabbed Clark’s towel with her free hand. Clark was, at that very moment, reaching blindly beyond the shower curtain for a towel…any towel…and he grabbed the one Lana was holding in place around her body.

When Clark yanked the towel off of Lana, she shrieked loudly, which caused Clark to stumble in the shower and get tangled up with the shower curtain. Enshrouded in the clear plastic shower curtain, Clark was going down, and he was taking the curtain and its supporting rod with him.

As Clark fell outside of the tub, Lana got tangled up in the falling shower curtain and they ended up in a pile on the bathroom floor, with the shower curtain and curtain rod between them, and each still hanging on to the towel originally belonging to the other.

Martha heard what sounded like the beginning of World War III in her upstairs bathroom, so she went up to investigate, taking a short stack of clean towels with her as her excuse. Just before she knocked on the door, Martha could hear hysterical laughter coming from both Clark and Lana from inside the door. She waited just outside the not-quite-closed door and listened.

Concerned about how Lana took the fall, Clark asked, “Are you all right, Lana.”

“I think so,” she replied, “but I’d be doing a lot better if you’d get off of me.”

As Clark levered himself up on one arm to remove his weight from Lana’s torso, he smirked down at her and said, “That’s not what you said last night.”

Martha decided she’d better make her presence known before things got out of hand, so she toed open the door and surveyed the situation.

“You know,” Martha said, as she set the towels down on the counter, “that kind of thing works much better without a plastic shower curtain between you. Though I do suppose it qualifies as safe sex.” Clark and Lana were blushing furiously, twin roses on the tiled bathroom floor. Just before she left and closed the door behind her, Martha asked, “What is it with you, pretty girls, and this bathroom, Clark?”

Clark gabbled soundlessly as Lana shot him a curious, slightly jealous look. He tried to explain hastily.

“It was just Lois.” The words were no sooner out of his mouth before he realized his mistake.

LOIS??” Lana asked incredulously. “Lois Lane has seen my man behind a shower curtain?”

“Well yeah, but not on purpose. And, anyway, she's seen a lot more of me than that.”

“Say what?!” Lana spluttered.

“Well, it was when I came back to Earth at the beginning of senior…oh wait, you don’t know that story yet.”

“I’m waiting…” Lana said. Clark could tell from the tone of her voice that if she was standing up, her arms would be folded across her chest and a foot would be tapping impatiently.

“Um…to give you the Cliff’s Notes version, she found an amnesiac Clark Kent stark naked in the middle of a cornfield while you were still in France making out with Jason.”

Lana had the good grace to blush at that. She knew Clark had never ripped on her for her relationship with Jason, and he still hadn’t torn into her for sleeping with Lex, so she really had no right to be questioning him about what, or who, he chose to do when they weren’t together.

“I’m sorry, Clark,” Lana said, “that’s your business. I guess I shouldn’t be so jealous.”

“I like it that you’re jealous, it means you care about me.”

“Aww…”

After a minute of companionable silence, Lana shifted her butt, uncomfortably aware that her body heat seemed to be leeching directly into the cold tile floor. “Are you planning on leaving this bathroom anytime soon, Clark?”

“I don’t want to. In fact, I’ve always had a fantasy that involves the girl next door and my shower, but I guess you do need to break up with Lex before he files a police report and claims you’ve been kidnapped.”

Lana smiled. She remembered that Clark had told her back in high school that she’d always be the girl next door. Clark untangled himself from the shower curtain, stood up, and then lifted Lana to her feet.

As the curtain rod clattered to the floor, Lana said, “As far as breaking up with Lex goes, I’ve just had an idea.”

“Ok, let me hear it.”

Lana started talking, with a big smile plastered all over her face. By the time she was done, Clark’s smile was equal to hers.

“That’s just one more reason why I love you, Lana. Let’s make this happen.”

Comment

Hilarious bathroom scene. Martha seemed to take it all in stride. I guess she knows she can't stop the chemistry between those two. Jealous Lana was cool, too.

Now what does Lana have up her sleeve concerning her break-up with Lex? Can't wait for that. PPMS!

(and then, hurry back to Somebody to Love & Bless the Broken Road)
                    Last edited by SVsleuth; 01-25-2007, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Now you have to come back here and tell us of Lana's plan!

This was very good and funny...

oh yeah and about the comments on the previous update... the eurotrip bit was funny...

the princess bride... I have to agree it was perfectly fitting...

ok... now...

Like SV said... hurry back here so you can return to Somebody to Love and Bless the Broken Road...

PPMS!
                      Last edited by Nemu; 01-25-2007, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Just too funny the whole thing in the shower...can't wait to see Lana's idea about breaking up with Lex!

PPMS!

Comment

ppms !

Comment

nice update the shower part was pretty funny

Can't wait to see what Lana idea was

PPMS!!

Comment

nice update ppms

Comment

I'm glad that Lana was so happy when she realized that the events of the previous evening weren't just a 'cruel dream.'

Martha is taking things well. I'm not sure how Jonathan would have reacted - especially to what Martha found in the bathroom.

I just hope that Lana has come up with something appropriate for Lex...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎