Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was great.its funny how Chloe is having fun about Clark

PPMS?

Comment

Wow, that was a fantastic version of what Hydro should've been. I loved that...I hope you add more, Cardinal.

Comment

That was awesome, both parts were great. I loved them, I wish that was how the show would of went.

So Cardinal, is there going to be a part 3?

I didn't see a THE END?

Comment

Great update Card! I can't see Lex letting go of Lana without a fuss! This should be fun to see...there just has to be a part three he can't leave it with that kind of cliffy!

PPMS!

Comment

One More Last Chance - Part III
            A reworked ending for “Hydro.”

It was already late, and Lana would need a place to stay tonight. They had already agreed that there was no way she would be going back to Lex’s, not tonight, or any night for that matter. Lana knew the Talon apartment would be crowded with three women trying to share it, especially since there was only one bathroom, so she didn’t ask to stay there. They finally decided that Lana would take Clark’s room, while he slept on the couch to keep his mom from wigging out.

Still, to keep Lex from becoming suspicious, Lana called Lex at the mansion to let him know that she would be sleeping over with Chloe. Lex wasn’t happy with that, but he couldn’t complain too much without risking sounding like he was an overprotective, super-possessive guy. That he was both of those things didn’t bother him in the least, he just didn’t want Lana to know about them until after they were married.

With Lex taken care of, all they had to do to complete the ruse was to leave Lana’s SUV in it’s parking spot outside the Talon. Lana was in the middle of wondering how they were going to get all the way out to the Kent farm when Clark scooped her up, while she was in the middle of taking a breath, and performed an instant relocation. It took Lana a second to realize that they were now in Clark’s loft, and then she freaked.

OhmyGod!” Lana squealed. “That was…was… amazing!” Her eyes were as wide open as they could be and her hands had a hold on Clark’s shoulders that would do a leech proud.

Clark just grinned as he set Lana down gently. “I’ve always wanted to do that. Only, there was this little problem with having to tell you my secrets first.”

Lana leaned her head into Clark’s chest and he began running his fingers through the silken softness of her hair. When he found a knot, he deftly untangled it and kept on stroking.

“You told me everything,” Lana said, as she shook her head disbelievingly, “but to actually experience it is just…indescribable.”

As much as Lana wanted to stay cocooned tight against Clark’s chest, there was a secret she had to reveal to him. She couldn’t wait any longer. He had to know before he went and made any permanent decisions about her…and about them.

Lana pushed herself away from Clark just enough to see the whole of his face, which was, in her opinion, a masterwork that would make any sculptor proud.

When their eyes settled on each other, Lana said, “There’s a secret of mine that I need to tell you right now.”

Clark sensed she was serious, so he gave her his full attention and waited for her to find the words she needed.

How to tell the man I love that I’m carrying the child of a man he despises? A man I’m beginning to despise myself. Will the sins of the father taint Clark’s view of the child? Will he want to help me raise Lex Luthor’s child?

No words came to mind that would cushion the pain Clark was about to feel, so Lana said, sounding much calmer than she felt, “I’m pregnant…with Lex’s child.”

Lana was intently watching Clark’s face, most especially his expressive eyes, for any sign of disgust or revulsion, but was surprised when all she found was warmth and love. Clark had been waiting for Lana to drop this particular bombshell ever since she walked up the loft steps earlier today.

“Thanks for telling me this secret yourself, Lana, and not making me wait five and a half years like I did to you.”

Lana rolled her eyes. “It’s not like I’ll be able to hide my pregnancy for much longer.”

“True, but you wanted to tell me and that means a lot…unfortunately, Lex beat you to it.”

Oh no! “When?”

“I went to the mansion to see you as soon as I saw Linda Lake’s column about you not being able to say yes to Lex because of me.” Clark shrugged his shoulders and pointed for Lana to take a seat on the couch. “Lex intercepted me, and I taunted him about how it much it must be killing him that you were hesitating. He fired back by telling me you’d say yes because you were carrying his child.”

Clark tuned away from where Lana was sitting, and said, “I admit, it was like all the air had been sucked out of my lungs. I couldn’t breathe. Heck, I didn’t want to breathe. I know how much of a step it had to have been for you to sleep with Lex, and the fact that you were having his child made me sure this was an irrevocable choice of yours.”

When Clark turned back to Lana, she could see what he had felt.

Despondency.

Despair.

Desolation.

“When you walked up those steps today, I thought, just for a moment, that your baby had changed everything between us…and then I realized that this was my last chance to make things right.

“Lana? The identity of your baby’s father doesn’t matter to me anymore, only the identity of its mother.” Clark sat down next to Lana, so close that their legs were touching. “I may not be that baby’s father, but when it’s born, I want to be its dad.”

Lana was sniffling as she tried to hold back her tears. Clark decided to use his super-hearing to listen to the baby’s heartbeat. Curiously, he could only hear his and Lana’s heartbeats, no matter how hard he tried.

“How far along are you supposed to be in this pregnancy?”

“Mmm… three months, give or take a week.”

Clark was becoming confused. I should definitely be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat by now…shouldn’t I? Maybe…

Clark gestured to Lana’s abdomen and said, “Would it be all right if I took a ‘look’ at your child?”

“It won’t hurt my baby, will it?” Lana asked apprehensively.

“Nope. Clark Kent has been conclusively shown to not cause cancer in laboratory rats, so I’m good to go.”

Strangely reassured by Clark’s ridiculous statement, Lana gave him the okay. Clark concentrated on her abdomen and watched as her internal organs came into ghostly view, just like an x-ray. He remembered enough from anatomy in high school biology to know exactly where to go to find what he was looking for. Clark looked long and hard before coming to one very disturbing conclusion: Lana wasn’t pregnant.

Comment

1st! Yay! no Lexana baby! Lana will have mixed emotions for sure. but it's good that Clark declared his willingness to be a Dad to her child, before he knew there was none. It lets Lana know just how much he truly loves her.

So, I guess we're still waiting for Lana to call Lex & dump him permanently, or for him to come to the farm to have a showdown with her and Clark. Then we can have Clana happily ever after...
              Last edited by SVsleuth; 01-22-2007, 06:51 AM.

Comment

great update.... Isn't it great when a one shot just keeps going on and on

Comment

Oh no what has Lex been up too now? He's horrible just plain horrible! That was really good of Clark to say to Lana about the baby....I wonder what Lex has really been up too!

PPMS!
                  Last edited by NYC300Z; 01-22-2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Great update!!!So glad there is no Lexana baby

PPMS!

Comment

So Lana isn't pregnant...well I'm eager to see what happens next. Update soon.

Comment

well... that sure was good!

so... you went the Lana isn't pregnant way... nice!

so now... to tell Lana that there are no baby... and then to have her destroy the Bald dome's ego and break up with him...

hmm... good stuff coming up

PPMS!!!

Comment

It'll tell you things about him that will hurt you to read, but read it you must if you choose to be with me.”

Tht line from the first update made me laugh, reminds me of yoda talk lol. Great story!

Comment

Sorry, folks!

This is a brief apology before I get to writing the next update. I noticed just after posting this morning and just before having to leave for work, that this fic had a major continuity error.

(Hmm...maybe I should get a job writing for Smallville. )

I've fixed it, finally, but something that large shouldn't be able to sneak through like that.
                            Last edited by Cardinal; 01-22-2007, 07:12 PM.

Comment

so when so u think u can post the next update?

Comment

yeah Card i think you should be able to get a job at writting Smallville then Clana would be together and Lex would be dead

PMS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎