Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
    Very unlikely that this will happen in "a couple of years". We've yet to even settle on Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD.
    I believe the original announcement was for 2010, but that was for TV manaufacturs. Of course if all sold TVs are HD then everything else will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisxs5
      I believe the original announcement was for 2010, but that was for TV manaufacturs. Of course if all sold TVs are HD then everything else will follow.
      2010 is not that far away now. Geez....remember when that seemed like it was far far away - and now it's almost upon us. Where are all the flying cars!!?? lol.....

Either way - I'll be getting the Heroes DVDs.

Comment

So these are the prices I saw after the pre-order sale.

Regular set 69.99
        HD Set 99.99

I saw this on site that had the pre-order sale and of course it said save this much and this much by pre-ordering. So the prices are after adding in the savings. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? I have had no plans on pre-ordering but if it will save me 30 bucks I might change my mind.

Comment

Amazon (the link provided a few posts back by the mod http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...DLSR0/gijoevid ) has them on sale for $32.99 (that's the reg DVD set)
          Last edited by Ginx; 06-01-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I am thinking about going that route

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
              Amazon (the link provided a few posts back by the mod http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...DLSR0/gijoevid ) has them on sale for $32.99 (that's the reg DVD set)
              I am wondering if the prices will go that high at the release or if the sale is just a gimmic and I can get it at that price on the release date?

Comment

I'm betting that the prices will be around $35.99-$44.99 (reg dvd) when it is released on Tues. If it's released near a holiday then it might go on sale again.

And lets not forget that Target, Walmart, Best Buy, as well as other stores will probably all have their special edition discs exclusive to that store..........

Comment

So, the HD sets say the have PIP commentary, the comentary from nbc.com. Does this mean that regular will not have the web commentary, or that it simply will be only an audio version of the web commentary?

Comment

I hope its PIP for the regular, but I bet they do Audio to save room. Also do we know if they are going to all the eps with commnetary or just a few.

Comment

Just as long as we get the same commentaries, I'll be happy.

I don't want to have to get an HD tv, DVD player, and the HD set just to see all the web commentaries.

Comment

tvshowsondvd.com added menu screens

Comment

Heroes Season One DVD Menus

Find a list of new movie and TV releases on DVD and Blu-ray (updated weekly) as well as a calendar of upcoming releases on home video.

Honestly... I'm disappointed.

For one, the "comic book" font doesn't match Tim Sale's from the show, and the colors and the basic feel of the menus don't match the eclipse theme on the box.

But that's just what I think. What do you all think?

Comment

I realy dont like the comic style. To me it attracts too much attention on Isaac or that one power.. But i know its meant to be broader than that considering what Isaac does, and the fact that Peter and Sylar also have his power. Still I would rather see real shots and pics of the cast, maybe even screen shots. But hey, I'll still buy it. I just dont see season 2 using the same comic style when it comes out, since Isaac is dead. But you never know, Pete and Sylar may end up using the power alot in season 2. who knows.
                            bottom line, i'll still buy it.

Comment

I somewhat agree with you on how it's drawing attention to Isaac... but the producers have said the paintings guided everyone to where they ended up in the finale.

Comment

I dont mind what the thing looks like. Im getting it for the epsidoes

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎