Heroes DVD News

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville could put more commentaries, but they are lazy. Heroes has a bigger cast and they are ding every episode. I'll bet its seven discs.

Comment

That would be OK with me. But that brings up another question:
      How much would be too much? Most of the time series DVD release at higher prices. I would expect these will go for around 49 to start. Which I would pay but I dont think I can afford more than 65. I would prefer around 30-35.

Comment

In an interview with Tim Kring, he says that In His Own Image will be included on the first season DVD set.

Comment

Its not a HBO or Showtime show, so I doubt it would be more than 50. Funny, I could pay 45 for 22 episodes of Smallville, yet pay 65 or probably more for Sopranos, Dexter or The Tudors. And those are all 12 episodes. Kind of getting jipped, but oh well.

Comment

Thats why I asked. When Friends was released you could pick them up for 45 and now 25-30. Same with SV, I got Season 1 for 45 and now my wally-world has it for 34. But my Best Buy has it for 48!

Comment

Best buy has most shows on DVD, but they overprice most of it. I only go there if I have a gift card or no other place has a show I want.

Comment

I only go there to find stuff no one else has also! They had season 3 of 4400 for 38, but I held out and found it at wal-mart for 29.

Comment

Re: Heroes DVD News

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                  Although there has been no news about the dvd box set i found some info that some may be intrested in.

Heroes fans that subscribe to NetFlix, the online video rental service, will be able to rent a special DVD that features a summary of the 11 episodes of Heroes that have aired so far. The DVD, produced with NBC, will also include the pilot episode of The Black Donnellys, and a look at the new Jeff Goldblum series, Raines. NetFlix subscribers can add the DVD to their queue now, and it'll ship out on January 9. The content will also be available on NBC.com on January 15.
                  Heroes returns to the NBC lineup on January 22

got this news from tvshowsondvd.com
                  Thanks so much for the heads up.

I heard that Heroes is coming to dvd in Sept but I also read August. Be good to get some kinda confirmation.

Comment

Does anyone know if they plan to include the graphic novels on the DVDs? That would be awesome and pretty much cement me as "buying it!"

My wish list for Heroes DVD:

Graphic Novels
                    Making Of Documentary
                    Commentary on the major episode in each mini-arc (Save the Cheerleader, Are You On The List, Time to Save the World)
                    Interviews with cast and crew
                    Trailers
                    Music Video (I love DVD's that have a music video made for the movie, they need to do that for the first season of Heroes too)

Comment

The latest news dated today from tvshowsondvd.com makes it official that the release date will be Aug 28 for both DVD and HD-DVD box sets.

Universal hasn't provided box art or extras yet, but it will be a 7-disc set, 1.78:1 widescreen, english Dolby digital 5.1 audio, etc. Suggested retail price (SRP) for DVD set will be $59.98, $99.98 for HD-DVD.

Retailers generally sell sets initially at 10 to 40 percent off the SRP, depending on the retailer. After they've been on the market for a year or so, the price might drop to over 40 percent or more off SRP.

tvshowsondvd.com just added the artwork for the box cover on their news page.
                      Last edited by Alaydown; 05-15-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

So a few weeks after the season finale ended went to 3 months?

Comment

it was always going to be in august. somneone probably miss read something and it ment a few months not a few weeks.

Comment

Heroes Season One DVD Artwork!

More info at HeroSite.net.

P.S. - Does anyone besides me think the eclipse as the 'O' on the word Heroes on the front looks bad with the eclipse right behind it? Altogether, nice looking box!
                            Last edited by kcox6751; 05-15-2007, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I think its okay..draws in your attention.

That will look nice in my room

Comment

gross.
                                we need a new one asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡